American Heritage Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews about "high turnover"

Updated Sep 5, 2019

3.9
American Heritage Federal Credit Union CEO Bruce K. Foulke (no image)
Bruce K. Foulke
Pros
  • "Seeing what other people went through with larger companies, I was very proud to be an employee of AMHFCU, and very grateful(in 6 reviews)

• "Good Benefits Package -Volunteering Opportunities(in 4 reviews)

• Cons
  • "High turnover, unachievable goals(in 4 reviews)

• "Management couldn’t care less about the employee well being(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "high turnover"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good for short term - hard to build a career

Sep 5, 2019 - Member Advisor in Philadelphia, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of overtime, flexible hours, some room for advancement.

Cons

High turnover, unachievable goals. Management couldn’t care less about the employee well being. CEO is a megalomaniac. Federal credit union but they act like the CEO and his family own the credit union. Promotions not based on merit.

American Heritage Federal Credit Union Response

Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to submit your comments. We are sorry to hear that you didn’t have a great experience during your time here. We do take your comments seriously. Our CEO cares deeply about the financial well-being of the members and the morale of the employees of American Heritage. He strives to maintain a family-oriented atmosphere where everyone feels appreciated for their contributions. Regarding the unachievable goals, we are continuously evaluating our incentive programs to ensure that they are attainable and fair to the staff. Our focus is to educate all of our members on products and services that would benefit them in every stage of their life. Thank you again for your feedback and we wish you the best of luck in your future career endeavors.

2. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great for experience, not for pay.

Feb 19, 2019 - Back Office
      Business Outlook

Pros

You gain a lot of useful experience working there. Higher turnover rates mean if you stay you will gain more and more responsibility and gain more knowledge. The people are friendly.

Cons

As stated above there is a high turnover rate and with that more responsibility, but there is no compensation for the added responsibility. You do learn a lot from working at AMHFCU, but you are not fairly compensated. Your knowledge will grow but your bank account will not. Also it is a very antiquated work culture that doesn't seem to know what it wants. Women can wear sweatpants and a t shirt while men have to wear a shirt and tie.

American Heritage Federal Credit Union Response

Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for your constructive feedback. We do appreciate hearing that American Heritage provided you with the opportunities needed to grow in your position and successfully continue in your current career path. Our HR benefits team consistently monitors compensation within the industry and we take great precautions to ensure that we are remaining competitive in the industry. Please feel free to contact our SVP of HR to further discuss your concerns regarding compensation. We do require that all staff (both men and women) dress professionally each day. Our professional appearance for both front line and back office staff is important to the excellent reputation that AH upholds within the community. Because of your feedback, we will be reinforcing our dress code policy with the entire credit union. Thank you again for your feedback and best of luck in your future career endeavors.

3. 1.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

You can do better

Mar 8, 2016 - Member Advisor in Dhaka
      Business Outlook

Pros

Paid holidays off, nice coworkers

Cons

Lots of fake reviews on here. Its funny that theres so many good reviews when every other coworker you talk to is absolutely miserable. Lots of micromanaging and sales pressure. Promotions usually given to somebodys relative. High turnover. Extremely poor communication between the departments and the contact center has to constantly fix mistakes made by other departments/branches. If you want to become a low paid robot this is the place for you.

7 people found this review helpful
    4. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Credit

Jun 6, 2016 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nothing the place is awful nothing good

Cons

This is the worst company to work for. CEO is an egomaniac and they treat employees like property. High turnover and poor employee morale. Be warned

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 English Reviews