American Heritage Properties Reviews | Glassdoor

American Heritage Properties Reviews

3.3
Bill Ausen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Awesome place to work"

Pros

I have worked at American Heritage Properties for 13 year. I have work countless jobs in my life and never have I come across such caring and involed employers. The owners genuinely care about their emloyees to a point where you don't feel like you have a boss you feel like your part of a family!

Cons

The customer are very difficult to work with.

2. "Marketing Manager Administrator & Property Manager & Leasing Supervisor"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager Administrator in Scripps Ranch, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager Administrator in Scripps Ranch, CA

I worked at American Heritage Properties full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Beginning out here it was very driven and family oriented atmosphere and slowly that disintegrated.

Cons

The micro management that happened over the last years there was unbearable it was like we weren't trusted & bestowed unrealizable everyone!

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like human beings and not robots that are programmed and the service will be more genuine.

3. "Great place to work for"

Pros

Great place to work for and great benefits

Cons

Not always enough leads for everyone

4. "Incredible Employer!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at American Heritage Properties full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This company is honest and fair and values their employees. I am always impressed by the constant effort to improve services for their clients, motivation and moral for their employees, and provide a comfortable work environment. They are by far the best company I have worked for.

Cons

I can't think of anything I would consider a con

5. "Opportunities in time"

Current Employee - Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in San Diego, CA

Pros

American Heritage is a "family" type business. We pride ourselves in service to our clients and fairness to our team. We typically only promote from within which gives entry level employees the opportunity to move up in the organization. While there are opportunities, they do not come up daily. Considering all employees, including management, the average length of employment is over 10 years. Hard work definitely pays off when the opportunities arise. For employees we pay medical, dental, vision, and have a 401K with 25% matching. We are very accommodating to our employee needs. We treat our team as a family. While it is not perfect, we feel it is pretty good.

Cons

Property management is not for everyone, just like most jobs. If you do not move from the Leasing Representative position to a property manager position then you will be working in the same department every day, answering phones, describing properties, setting appointments, and showing properties. We have a few Leasing Reps that have been with us over 10 years. While it is not for everyone, it is a stable job.

Advice to Management

I am one of the four owners of American Heritage and wanted to offer this feedback since I didn't see a feedback button. The job and opportunities are definitely what you make of them.
    I'm always open to feedback. Bill Ausen, American Heritage Properties

6. "Very monotonous work"

Former Employee - Leasing Representative in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Leasing Representative in San Diego, CA

Pros

Flexible schedule; Very nice community of people to work with; Enjoyed work outings and team bonding; Very small 'family business'

Cons

The work honestly got very montonous and boring in the day-to-day. I would practically almost fall asleep sitting there waiting for a phone to ring.

Advice to Management

It'd be a lot more helpful to train the leasing representatives on higher up information so we could actually handle those matters