American Honda Finance Reviews | Glassdoor

American Honda Finance Reviews

Updated Sep 19, 2019

Found 176 reviews

3.1
American Honda Finance CEO Tetsuo Iwamura (no image)
Tetsuo Iwamura
Pros
  • "Great Benefits, 1st Shift, Ease of Lessing a new car(in 19 reviews)

• "good people and there is a lot of free food(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "It's a call center so expect to work the phones talking to amazing Honda and Acura clients(in 18 reviews)

• "Some of the departments include customer service, customer accounts (collection), funding, lease maturity, etc(in 13 reviews)

1. "Awesome Place"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Holyoke, MA

I have been working at American Honda Finance full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great people, awesome benefits and incredible teamwork!

Cons

It's a call center so expect to work the phones talking to amazing Honda and Acura clients.

Advice to Management

Great job!

American Honda Finance2019-04-28
  2. "Great Company Culture"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant

I worked at American Honda Finance full-time

Pros

This company really focuses on teamwork and making sure that everyone feels like they are welcomed.

Cons

Some colleagues are a little uptight.

American Honda Finance2019-09-19
  3. "Pros and cons to working here."

Current Employee - Finance Representative

I have been working at American Honda Finance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice people, great benefits, food sometimes provided, dress business casual and sometimes just casual.

Cons

Low wage, underpaid, stressful, slow advancement.

American Honda Finance2019-09-08
  4. "Temp to Associate Worker"

I worked at American Honda Finance

Pros

Worked at the Cypress, CA location. Great first job out of college, especially if you don't have a lot of direction and weren't taught a lot of professionalism growing up. They encourage basic level professionalism, which you'd think is common sense but you'd be surprised. Working here toughens you up and you get an excellent feel for the corporate and business world. I leveraged habits and skills I used there in my... new job and I stand out because of it. Laziness at this place will very obviously stand out but work hard and stand your ground and you should be pretty golden. You'll learn how scummy consumers can be, at least the ones who finance cars.

Cons

It can take a while to become an associate and this can seem like a lifetime if you're impatient or you truly believe you stand out. Don't trust anything your temp rep says (this isn't Honda's fault though) because they just want to cash out on you as a "sale". When they give you an estimated time of temp to hire, it's probably a lie. Other than that, I think I felt the environment was a little too much like high... school but there are cool people there and the energy is youthful. Other than that, I I really don't have much to complain about. Some of the leads and supervisors could be a little airheaded and ridiculous but they're only human and aren't perfect.

Advice to Management

Don't take the hard workers for granted because as far as I'm concerned, it's slim pickings. Workers might be a dime a dozen. Hard workers who are decent people? Maybe not so much.

American Honda Finance2019-08-30
  5. "Review of American Honda Finance"

Current Employee - Funding Supervisor

I have been working at American Honda Finance full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

-Family atmosphere -Great Managers -Great benefits -Good Location -Encourage growth

Cons

-Run to lean - need more employees -Act to slow to implement changes -To much emphasis on relocation

American Honda Finance2019-08-05
  6. "Customer Account Representative"

Former Employee - Customer Account Representative in Wilmington, DE

I worked at American Honda Finance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Health and other benefits are good once a full time associate

Cons

Stuck on the phone for at least 8 hours per day with only two 15 minute breaks and an hour lunch. Management keeps making promises and then they never follow through. Pay below average.

American Honda Finance2019-08-13
  7. "You won't get promoted unless someone gets fired, quits or retires (CLT)"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Charlotte, NC

I worked at American Honda Finance full-time for more than a year

Pros

-The health insurance is phenomenal (honda covers 95%+ of health insurance, most companies do 80/20) -People that work at the AHFC CLT office. There are some wonderful people there, including some supervisors. -Opportunity for overtime. -The camaraderie you develop with your coworkers because you all hate something about this job. -Discounts on Honda/Acura cars and leases. **If you are looking for a... stable job but not necessarily looking to move up in a company or make a competitive salary —- this a decent place to be

Cons

-Pay is low. Expect to make more than people who have been there for several years because they didn't receive a cost of living adjustment, but you did as a new hire. New hires make between 16-17.50. -Work environment. Micro-management is the style. - You will work Saturdays. -You work VERY hard, for low pay, and little reward. You can make more money constantly doing overtime. - Either a whole lot of... Unconscious Bias at play or some management is most likely racist and sexist -Management loves to talk bout their emotional intelligence, how they promote Honda's values, how they're very forward thinking, and how they welcome everyone to voice their opinion. That's until you challenge the status quo, then the mask comes off. - College degree is required to work at a call center.

Advice to Management

Put your values in action and listen actively to your employees, instead of listening to respond. There are town halls, surveys etc about how to improve workplace morale, happiness. What is the point of all this if you throw comments back into your employees faces, categorizing the comments, opinions you asked for as complaints. Why are you trying to silence their voice? If your staff does not like the trash... coffee, instead of telling them to deal with it, and that there are loads of places who would be sooo happy to have free coffee, and that this office just doesn't get it, that the people who work here are a bunch of complainers—-why won't you do something so simple for the office and get a better machine? Why bother asking on ways to improve? What is the end game here?

American Honda Finance2019-08-29
  8. "Amazing team!"

Former Employee - Recovery Support Specialist in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at American Honda Finance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everybody is very nice, the work is meaningful, Honda is a genuine company, your always moving around to different positions

Cons

none really but I didn’t like being on the phones with upset customers

Advice to Management

I LOVED my manager l!

American Honda Finance2019-07-08

"Decent"

Former Employee - Collections in Wilmington, DE

I worked at American Honda Finance full-time for less than a year

Pros

I learned many soft skills in customer communication

Cons

Harsh rules, only hire through temp agencies, some people spend 5+ years as a temp before hired. No benefits or paid time off as a temp.

Advice to Management

See the good employees sooner. In a company that only "hires" once a month, its hard to see your potential to stay. Nobody wants to be a temp for too long anywhere.

American Honda Finance2019-07-19
  10. "Know what you’re getting into"

Former Employee - Customer Account Representative in Elgin, IL

I worked at American Honda Finance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent pay, management is fair and helpful. People are always willing to help you out. Everyone knows how much the job sucks

Cons

The job is absolutely soul crushing. After a few months most temps quit because the dialer is hell. If you can manage to make it out of the dialer the job gets easier, but it’s still terrible.

Advice to Management

There’s not really much mgmt can do. They’re pretty good all things considered. The job is perfect if you need something to do for a few months, get paid decently and then get out.

American Honda Finance2019-07-16