American Management Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Couldnt be happier"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at American Management Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment. Feels like a family. Lots of opportunity to learn and grow.

Cons

The work is hard and you have to want to be successful and put in the effort.

"AMS needs to be more competitive with comp plan"

Pros

Location is Centralized, its a job, you will learn about Business a huge plus to anyone looking to know more about business or become an entrepreneur.

Cons

Have to sign a Non Compete even at the lowest paid role. Doesn't make sense, cant keep or get good talent this way.

Advice to Management

In my opinion, it is an oxymoron or unethical for your core business in which is to analyze small to midsize business pitfalls and areas of opportunities and get paid big dividends for this service when indeed you cannot keep a staff, retain talent and stay up with innovation in your own firm.

Be transparent. Pay more to employees, and please take out that old time punch- in clock and push button dial phones and get automated, get into the digital world like innovation.

Aug 3, 2017 – Digital Marketing Specialist

We are glad we were able to positively impact your knowledge and experience in entrepreneurship and business management! As you know, we are a service-based industry, and protecting our intellectual... More

"Not good"

I worked at American Management Services full-time

Pros

They've been keeping at it for a long time

Cons

Poor culture and over- priced

Jul 17, 2017 – Digital Marketing Specialist

Because our company culture is fast-paced, it’s understandable that it’s not to everyone’s liking. If you would like to discuss your working history with us, please contact our Executive Vice... More

"Production is key!"

I worked at American Management Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

this is the the type of company that will push you to become stronger, more knowledgeable of your prospects and challenge you the entire time. Work hours are great Monday - Friday no weekends. They pay performers VERY well! Clean environment, weekly pay in the sales end.

Cons

This company isn't for the people that are looking to get a pat on the back everyday. they want productive people who know how to work and get the job done.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring people just looking for a "JOB" hire people that are serious about making money and want to thrive

"Great Opportunity"

Pros

I enjoy my job. It is a dynamic and performance driven environment. What I appreciate the most is that my job is different every day. I have the opportunity to grow and try new things, work on new projects, and to continually stretch myself in doing things I'm not always comfortable doing.

Cons

It is a tough environment with a high degree of accountability, but it can be incredibly rewarding if you know how to appreciate and maximize the opportunities in front of you.

Advice to Management

Stay objective and keep the focus on performance.

"Run as fast as you can!"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Orlando, FL

I worked at American Management Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Location and that's about it. If you like head games and pettiness, then this is the spot for you.

Cons

Revolving door, deceptive sales practices, schizophrenic leadership, bullying as management, and an adversarial attitude towards customers and employees alike. On the call center side, you have one or two long term employees, who trade their self-respect and integrity for a paycheck. Other than that a revolving door. Not to mention keeping some gang-banger that serves up people on the call center floor, wonder if he's still there.

Advice to Management

Modernize and get a professional management team, not the same cast of tired characters that are fired and rehired periodically. Think long term, instead of quarter to quarter; try a minimum of basic amenities- its 2017, do they have direct deposit yet, or is the owner still trying to save a few bucks?

May 22, 2017 – Digital Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns about your experience working for American Management Services. Your constructive feedback is valued, as we are always looking for ways to improve... More

7. "Demanding, Challenging, and Rewarding"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist in Orlando, FL

I have been working at American Management Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

American Management Services is a company that demands excellence from its employees, and expects nothing less. It's that demand that challenges you every day to come into the office ready to roll up your sleeves and get work done, and I love it.

Not only has working at American Management Services been a great opportunity to push my skills to the limit, but it's also been a great experience in having a supportive management and team.

If you are looking to grow in your field, whether you're a client, or someone considering a position in the company, American Management Services is going to help you reach your potential.

Cons

The demanding culture is not for everyone, and I can see how it can be stressful for some. You have to recognize what your professional and personal goals are, ensure that they align with your position and the company, and bring your A-game every single day.

I've learned a lot here, both professionally and personally, and it's an experience I wouldn't trade for anything.

"Beware this Employer"

Pros

They do good work and, with the right client matched with good Field Service and Survey people, can really help them. Their values on paper are admirable; it just doesn't feel that their "paper values" transfer well.

Cons

You can't earn what they advertise. No way. Benefits are low, compared to comparable companies. And they pay by mail. This is not good for people constantly on the road.

Company admin people not communicative; internal rules are hard and fast and not subject to change, review or even suggestion. When you don't listen to your employees, that can't be good.

Advice to Management

See this? No way possible you can earn this unless you earn top line commission structure from Day One. But there usually isn't enough work to keep everyone on the road, up and down the entire roster.

CAREERBUILDER APPLY
    Senior Business Consultants Needed Earn $150,000-$250,000

Full-Time | Pay: $150k - $250k/year
    SENIOR CONSULTANT $150,000 - $250,000+ American Management Services, the premiere provider of profit improvement services to small and mid-sized businesses throughout the U.S. is looking for Senior Consultants!! Due to our continued growth and geographic...
    American Management Services, Inc

"Don't work here!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wimberley, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wimberley, TX

Pros

You will learn a few new sales and consulting tricks.

Cons

The management is driven by angry and paranoid people who think the worst of everyone- their employees and clients alike. They regularly verbalized that everyone is a liar. They think that brow-beating is management. People who stay must have Stockholm syndrome since the Glassdoor reviews they are requested to write are so positive. As a new employee you won't be given the opportunity to make money for a long time because management treats you as the enemy until you make it past their vehement devaluation of you. The jobs here are simply not worth the effort it takes to survive.

Advice to Management

As a management team you should not be in leadership of people. The company can never grow and flourish under the current regime. You are over-proud of your work product and your ridiculously high hourly rates to clients reflect your extremely high opinion of yourselves. It is sad that you only feel good by de-valuing others. Under different management it could be a good company.

"Proud Member of American Management Services speaks out"

Current Employee - Senior Executive Analyst in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Executive Analyst in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at American Management Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

America’s small to medium sized businesses are made up of earnest, hard working owners who are expert in their trade. They work hard to gain customers, provide exceptional service, and support their employees. Some work 24/7 to ensure their family is secure and their legacy is maintained, but, sadly, the harder they work, the profit seems to be less and less.
    These men and women have their technical expertise locked down. What they do not have is their business expertise. How do they close that circle between the two? They look to American Management to set up the systems, controls, measurements and tools to train themselves and their people in profit management, organizational disciplines and financial measurements to hold their people and their company accountable.
    I am proud to be an analyst for American Management because of the businesses we help and, especially, the ones we save. I have been an analyst for over fifteen years and no company takes more pride in its support of and dedication to their clients. Our strict responsibilities of: transparency to our client prior to engaging our services; commitment to quantifying our clients’ problems in terms of dollars lost, opportunities missed and costs not controlled; and our mission of making every client “a client for life” is measured in the long-term client references our company has maintained over its thirty year history.
    Internally, as to necessary skill sets and to understand our jobs; we are on the road 45-50 weeks a year; we live in hotels; we are the highest level of airline flyer programs; and we have no control over location, client or weather. What we do have is a dedication to our clients. Whether our clients ask for our help or take our recommendations/analysis to fix their business on their own, we walk out proud of our name, our work and our ethics.
    It is hard work. Many of our clients are insolvent, bankrupt, hanging on the edge or just worn out. Justifiably, we are held to high standards by our superiors and our clients and we all take that responsibility very seriously.

Cons

If you are looking for an ego job, fancy meals and hugs and kisses for your self-inflicted sense of intelligence, please do not apply for a job with our group. We are a team who expects the highest quality and we support each other if you are strong enough to work with us.