American Management Services Employee Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
George Cloutier

"Proud Member of American Management Services speaks out"

Current Employee - Senior Executive Analyst in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Executive Analyst in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at American Management Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

America’s small to medium sized businesses are made up of earnest, hard working owners who are expert in their trade. They work hard to gain customers, provide exceptional service, and support their employees. Some work 24/7 to ensure their family is secure and their legacy is maintained, but, sadly, the harder they work, the profit seems to be less and less.
    These men and women have their technical expertise locked down. What they do not have is their business expertise. How do they close that circle between the two? They look to American Management to set up the systems, controls, measurements and tools to train themselves and their people in profit management, organizational disciplines and financial measurements to hold their people and their company accountable.
    I am proud to be an analyst for American Management because of the businesses we help and, especially, the ones we save. I have been an analyst for over fifteen years and no company takes more pride in its support of and dedication to their clients. Our strict responsibilities of: transparency to our client prior to engaging our services; commitment to quantifying our clients’ problems in terms of dollars lost, opportunities missed and costs not controlled; and our mission of making every client “a client for life” is measured in the long-term client references our company has maintained over its thirty year history.
    Internally, as to necessary skill sets and to understand our jobs; we are on the road 45-50 weeks a year; we live in hotels; we are the highest level of airline flyer programs; and we have no control over location, client or weather. What we do have is a dedication to our clients. Whether our clients ask for our help or take our recommendations/analysis to fix their business on their own, we walk out proud of our name, our work and our ethics.
    It is hard work. Many of our clients are insolvent, bankrupt, hanging on the edge or just worn out. Justifiably, we are held to high standards by our superiors and our clients and we all take that responsibility very seriously.

Cons

If you are looking for an ego job, fancy meals and hugs and kisses for your self-inflicted sense of intelligence, please do not apply for a job with our group. We are a team who expects the highest quality and we support each other if you are strong enough to work with us.

"Beware this Employer"

Pros

They do good work and, with the right client matched with good Field Service and Survey people, can really help them. Their values on paper are admirable; it just doesn't feel that their "paper values" transfer well.

Cons

You can't earn what they advertise. No way. Benefits are low, compared to comparable companies. And they pay by mail. This is not good for people constantly on the road.

Company admin people not communicative; internal rules are hard and fast and not subject to change, review or even suggestion. When you don't listen to your employees, that can't be good.

Advice to Management

See this? No way possible you can earn this unless you earn top line commission structure from Day One. But there usually isn't enough work to keep everyone on the road, up and down the entire roster.

CAREERBUILDER APPLY
    Senior Business Consultants Needed Earn $150,000-$250,000

Full-Time | Pay: $150k - $250k/year
    SENIOR CONSULTANT $150,000 - $250,000+ American Management Services, the premiere provider of profit improvement services to small and mid-sized businesses throughout the U.S. is looking for Senior Consultants!! Due to our continued growth and geographic...
    American Management Services, Inc

"Don't work here!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wimberley, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wimberley, TX

Pros

You will learn a few new sales and consulting tricks.

Cons

The management is driven by angry and paranoid people who think the worst of everyone- their employees and clients alike. They regularly verbalized that everyone is a liar. They think that brow-beating is management. People who stay must have Stockholm syndrome since the Glassdoor reviews they are requested to write are so positive. As a new employee you won't be given the opportunity to make money for a long time because management treats you as the enemy until you make it past their vehement devaluation of you. The jobs here are simply not worth the effort it takes to survive.

Advice to Management

As a management team you should not be in leadership of people. The company can never grow and flourish under the current regime. You are over-proud of your work product and your ridiculously high hourly rates to clients reflect your extremely high opinion of yourselves. It is sad that you only feel good by de-valuing others. Under different management it could be a good company.

"Great job to have!"

Current Employee - Regional Director of Partner America in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Regional Director of Partner America in Chicago, IL

I have been working at American Management Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

This is a wonderful job. I love helping business owners achieve both their professional and personal goals. Such a gratifying job. This job also allows me to fulfill my goals of being a great mom for my boys. This job gives me a flexible schedule, so I don't miss a thing. Wonderful, caring people to work for!

Cons

You do need to be a bit of a road warrior. My poor car does take a beating driving a lot of miles.

"AMS"

I have been working at American Management Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The work is challenging, but extremely rewarding. We work with companies to improve their profitability and when you see the positive impact we can make to improve people's lives and companies if is very satisfying. Because we work with a wide variety of companies there is never a dull moment.

Cons

There is a heavy travel schedule, being on the road 5 days a week, but just like most high level consulting careers it is necessity to go to the client site.

7. "Excellent Company to Work For"

Pros

I have been working for American Management Services for over a year and a half and have found it to be one of the best companies I have worked for.

Cons

The only con I have is that all of the Departments should communicate together.

8. "Overview"

Current Employee - Senior Executive Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Executive Analyst in Dallas, TX

I have been working at American Management Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

We save clients business and help protect and even rebuild their net worth. Very rewarding to be a part of this process.

Cons

Travel, but believe it or not, it can grow on you. 12 years later it's still a love hate relationship with the travel

Advice to Management

Management is strict but fair, I have no issues, in fact I have found them willing to help in any way they can. However they do expect your very best effort

9. "Good Company"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

Flexibility and good earning potential.

Cons

Difficult job expectations but that's why they call it a job I guess.

10. "Senior Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at American Management Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management is great, clear, direct and supportive! Work is both challenging and fun! Excellent at expense reimbursement. Great amount of autonomy which I also enjoy. Company very much cares about it's clients! Survey team does an outstanding job in providing quality assignments for the consultants to work on!

Cons

Commission program is complicated at first to learn. We could use some more team meetings.

Advice to Management

In general not much. Just keep us all busy as much of the time as possible.

11. "Management Services"

Pros

If you like helping people and have a love of business operations and success, this is an outstanding place to work. The range of clients is broad and interesting, company management is knowledgeable, and ethical and you have an opportunity to make a six figure income.

Cons

none really any cons with possible exception of required weekly travel