American Marketing and Publishing Reviews in Appleton, WI | Glassdoor

Appleton, WI Area

2.8
American Marketing and Publishing CEO Abram Andrzejewski
Abram Andrzejewski

Pros
  • Helping small business owners create success and hearing about it is so gratifying (in 35 reviews)

• It's a growing company that continues to be run like a small business (in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • You will get rejected often by business owners and you need to know how to not take it personal and keep moving (in 31 reviews)

• Lots of your own gas and wear and tear (in 15 reviews)

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Appleton, WI
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Appleton, WI

Pros

The owner talks daily to the sales team. He provides inspirational messages along with very helpful sales tips. Training is a very important part of being successful in any business and AMP provides the best! It is ongoing and daily with success stories and ideas from other sales people out in the field. There is no way you could fail in this business.
    AMP provides three wonderful and helpful products for any and all businesses. Small towns is what AMP concentrates on. Keeping them alive and thriving. This company comes with a very special story and Abe (the owner) tells it best.
    Congratulations to you if you chose this company in your next journey for success!

Cons

Traveling and working by yourself can sometimes be hard.

Advice to Management

Thank you for being so available when I need you and for being so inspirational ALL the time.

"taking there own advice"

Former Employee - Sales in Appleton, WI
    Former Employee - Sales in Appleton, WI

I worked at American Marketing and Publishing full-time

Pros

work from your car and be your own boss through the day

Cons

Travel, pay, high turn over rate

Advice to Management

Dont lie to your employees

"My take on my career path...."

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Appleton, WI
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Appleton, WI

I have been working at American Marketing and Publishing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Manage Myself- great for the self-motivated
    I actually respect my boss, my District Manager started where I am and works harder than me
    Money is good, knock out the 1st 10 grand then 20% commission? Make an extra couple hundred a day after that for the last couple weeks of the month
    Business owners buy our product because it works. They use it themselves

Cons

Not everyone can do this. They fire people because they can't hack it. It's sales. It's a great product. I'm only posting on here because I saw some postings where people make this job out to be a 1% success ratio. Sales is rough, it takes mental toughness and an unbelievable work ethic. Lazy people and slackers need not apply. That's why you can make 80k your first year.

Advice to Management

Keep on keepin' on

"By far one of the worst experiences ever"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Appleton, WI
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Appleton, WI

Pros

The Management Team did appear to be supportive during training.

Cons

The Management Team proved to only be supportive when you where having a good week. As soon as customers started to say NO, you where threatened to be fired. You also put alot of miles on your car and the gas compensation is no where near enough, so you spend alot of out of pocket money on gas. My manager never took the time to ride with any of us, which he was requried to do, so we never recieved any advice as on how to get sales when the product was a tuff sell. He did tell us to do whatever it took, including accepting dates to get a sale. You are expected to track down potential customers, stalking them at gas stations and their homes and then going back 3 and 4 times.

Advice to Management

Hire some decent Managers and hold them responsibile when they do not full fill their contracts.