American Marketing and Publishing Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
American Marketing and Publishing CEO Abram Andrzejewski
Abram Andrzejewski

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "It's hard working with small business owners who are strong minded and the backbone of our country" (in 46 reviews)

• "Small business owners are the soil of the earth and backbone of our economy" (in 42 reviews)

Cons
  • "Most small business owners are NOT excited about advertising (any advertising from any company)" (in 40 reviews)

• "Lots of your own gas and wear and tear" (in 17 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Company To Work For"

Current Employee - Community Representative in Tinley Park, IL
    Current Employee - Community Representative in Tinley Park, IL

I have been working at American Marketing and Publishing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company gets it! The interview process is very straight forward and transparent. After your 1st interview, if the company is interested in hiring you, they set you up for an observation day with a successful salesrep and you get to see what a typical day is like working for the company. You get a chance to see if it is a job that you can do.
    If you are hired, you are thoroughly trained at the corporate office for a full week. The training is excellent and upon completion, you are well equipped to hit the ground running from day one.

It is a very positive environment, everyone is willing to help and want to see you succeed. The CEO is very active in the business and interacts with the sales reps as if he is your co-worker, not your boss. All layers of management are awesome, they started in sales just like all reps start at the company and have worked their way up through the ranks. Promotions are from within and merit based, so you have a real opportunity to make a ton of money and get promoted to management if that is what you want.

Im money motivated so I really enjoy the bonus opportunities and weekly and monthly cash incentives that the company make available.

Great products that every small to medium sized business needs.

Cons

The downside to working here or at any other organization is usually yourself. If you are not a hard worker and self motivated, you may habe a tough time in sales.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! Continue to stay ahead of the pack with the latest product offerings. Keep equipping us with the tools needed to succeed. Tablets , CRM, etc

"Awesome company, people and management"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in DeKalb, IL
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in DeKalb, IL

Pros

Leadership opportunities, room for growth, builds character, management team, experience, coworkers, location to home.

I really enjoy working here. After spending 14 years raising my children I was able to have the chance at the sales career I always hoped to have. I am thankful for this awesome opportunity to really push myself to be better each day and I love to see my improvement month to month. I look forward to coming to work each day! Thank you!

Cons

I don’t have any cons.

"Inside sales"

Current Employee - Territory Closer in DeKalb, IL
    Current Employee - Territory Closer in DeKalb, IL

I have been working at American Marketing and Publishing full-time

Pros

Great work/life balance, so much support and positivity with management and atmosphere, great incentives, great pay, this is by far became my dream job! I actually love coming to work!!!

Cons

Absolutely nothing!!! I fall in love with the company more every day.

Advice to Management

Keep doing everything you are doing. Such a great management style!! AMP is such a wonderfully ran business!! Thank you to all management for creating the best possible work environment!!!

"Account Representative"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at American Marketing and Publishing (Less than a year)

Pros

Management is amazing, the potential to move up and grow is in your hands, unlimited income potential, amazing benefits including 3 weeks of vacation and 9 paid holidays, even black Friday, contests to earn money, more pto etc.

Cons

You have to work hard, if you can't do that and stay motivated this won't be for you. You must be regimented and flow the system, again if you can't you won't make money. Plain and simple. It's on you, no one else.

Advice to Management

I have been impressed with management and don't right off have advice.

"Senior Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

My district manager does not micromanage our team. Sales support is just a text message away and they are needed often when out and about. You build up a repore with business owners in various communities which help build your clientele in their cities and others. The job description met actual job duties.

Cons

You put a lot of miles on your own vehicle with no car allowance and a very small gas stipend.

Advice to Management

Be more selective in the hiring process. Throwing any and all individuals into our territories ends up hurting our relationships with our customers. Trying to re-establish a relationship and trust in the company with customers at every visit can be exhausting.

"Account Manager"

I have been working at American Marketing and Publishing full-time

Pros

Good work-life balance, they have a great training system to get you where you need to be in order to succeed!

Cons

You have to be motivated like any job in order to be successful

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

"The world owes you nothing (read below)"

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

Pros

Learning experience.

Found out that American Marketing and Publishing is a terrible/immoral company.

Cons

Getting borderline laughed at for getting excited about a product that will only disservice the customer. Maybe that is why half of the businesses that were in my assigned territory went out of business even after advertising with this company. WHAT A COINCIDENCE. The lies this conpany spews out is endless.

Advice to Management

Stop pretending Homepages cures cancer. I felt gross after selling small businesses yellow page ad space in a phone book that people view as a nuisance. And I could really care less about the success stories of, “More motivated and gritty” sales people throughout the company. You change prices for experienced reps and keep customer’s old ads in the book even if they haven’t paid in years. You handle objections by telling the business owner about some other gullible business owner that “renews his/her ad and loves the homepages!” Just to uncover the grim reality that the same person that loves it so much wants nothing to do with this company and hates the sales rep that pressured that sale that happened YEARS ago. The world owes you nothing apparently not even a trustworthy employer.

"Office"

I have been working at American Marketing and Publishing full-time

Pros

AMP is great! Probably the best company I have ever worked for. You get the family type of feel here at work as well as the ability to work with a reputable, growing company. I have yet to see a company like AMP and I could not be more proud to work at such an exceptional company!

Cons

The only downside of working here is that you have to be a self motivated person. If you aren’t ready to check yourself, and work towards goals, then this isn’t the position for you.

"This company picks favorites, and if you are one of them depends on your experience."

Former Employee - Customer Experience Coordinator in DeKalb, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Experience Coordinator in DeKalb, IL

I worked at American Marketing and Publishing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are a lot of nice people that work here. They often do events/lunches for the employees. Some departments have great managers.

Cons

They pick favorites. The favorites get everything, promotions, raises, etc. Everyone else gets looked over. The company is skeevy, the sales reps lie to customers all the time and the company does nothing, they protect the skeevy reps because they bring in money. They also worship the sales field, while the office gets overlooked. Hard work gets overlooked, and promises get broken. You need to have an in with management to get anywhere with this company. They are also fine with screwing over their customers, as long as they get their money.

Advice to Management

Stop picking favorites. Punish shady sales reps. Treat the office the same as the sales reps.

"Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

The ability to make money is there. Management is supportive and helpful.

Cons

This job is not meant for everyone. It is cold calling, and 90% of the time each small business requires a call back.