American Marketing and Publishing Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
American Marketing and Publishing CEO Abram Andrzejewski
Abram Andrzejewski

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "It's hard working with small business owners who are strong minded and the backbone of our country" (in 46 reviews)

• "Small business owners are the soil of the earth and backbone of our economy" (in 43 reviews)

Cons
  • "Most small business owners are NOT excited about advertising (any advertising from any company)" (in 40 reviews)

• "You drive around the entire time which can cause wear and tear to your car" (in 18 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Company To Work For"

Current Employee - Community Representative in Tinley Park, IL
    Current Employee - Community Representative in Tinley Park, IL

I have been working at American Marketing and Publishing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company gets it! The interview process is very straight forward and transparent. After your 1st interview, if the company is interested in hiring you, they set you up for an observation day with a successful salesrep and you get to see what a typical day is like working for the company. You get a chance to see if it is a job that you can do.
    If you are hired, you are thoroughly trained at the corporate office for a full week. The training is excellent and upon completion, you are well equipped to hit the ground running from day one.

It is a very positive environment, everyone is willing to help and want to see you succeed. The CEO is very active in the business and interacts with the sales reps as if he is your co-worker, not your boss. All layers of management are awesome, they started in sales just like all reps start at the company and have worked their way up through the ranks. Promotions are from within and merit based, so you have a real opportunity to make a ton of money and get promoted to management if that is what you want.

Im money motivated so I really enjoy the bonus opportunities and weekly and monthly cash incentives that the company make available.

Great products that every small to medium sized business needs.

Cons

The downside to working here or at any other organization is usually yourself. If you are not a hard worker and self motivated, you may habe a tough time in sales.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! Continue to stay ahead of the pack with the latest product offerings. Keep equipping us with the tools needed to succeed. Tablets , CRM, etc

2. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at American Marketing and Publishing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Unlimited earning potential.
    Rewarding work in helping small businesses grow.
    Team oriented
    Excellent leadership
    Consistent training
    Peer to Peer coaching and development

Cons

It is not difficult work, but it IS hard. Lots of long hours. Your success is based strictly on how hard you work - this isnt a bad thing - it is how most businesses are run. If you dont have a work ethic then you will not last long.

Advice to Management

Find out what skill sets are present in top performing representatives and strive to locate people who fit those skill sets. This will reduce turnover.

3. "Poor training, low base salary"

I worked at American Marketing and Publishing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work on your own. Daily reporting is easy. Daily motivational calls.

Cons

Very poor training - ONE day on-the-run training, Had lunch while watching a Powerpoint presentation, while making notes and listening to the Manager explain info and run through slides. Wear and tear of your own car. No warm leads, Low base salary. Low car expense. Expectations of daily contacts, too high !

Advice to Management

Quantity over quality , not good. Improve your training process. Supervise your management staff. A good salesperson not necessarily becomes a good manager.

4. "Outside Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Valparaiso, IN
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Valparaiso, IN

I have been working at American Marketing and Publishing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Unlimited earning potential, great commission structure, thorough training, ongoing support and great resources, the work is rewarding, encourage/facilitate personal development

Cons

Can be difficult mentally, must be organized & disciplined, some at-home research/planning is required for success, highly recommended to work late twice a week

5. "Not Good"

I worked at American Marketing and Publishing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Thanks for putting me up in a hotel for a week!!

Cons

The training is unrealistic. You need to have more time in the field not the classroom!! During the training you are shown homepages and digital, you then need to take it to the field!!!

Advice to Management

Just more time with tenured sales people when new sales associates go into the field!!

6. "Just stay alway!"

Former Employee - Production in DeKalb, IL
    Former Employee - Production in DeKalb, IL

I worked at American Marketing and Publishing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is absolutely nothing good to say!

Cons

AMP does not care about their employees and will expect them to do a mountain of work for little pay!

Advice to Management

Pay your employees what they deserve and treat them with respect! Along those same lines stop treating your customers to terribly, no wonder so many people call in pissed off.

"Decent place to work"

I worked at American Marketing and Publishing full-time

Pros

Make your own schedule

Cons

No warm leads provided from corporate

Advice to Management

Get some warm leads for sales reps

"Inside sales"

Current Employee - Territory Closer in DeKalb, IL
    Current Employee - Territory Closer in DeKalb, IL

I have been working at American Marketing and Publishing full-time

Pros

Great work/life balance, so much support and positivity with management and atmosphere, great incentives, great pay, this is by far became my dream job! I actually love coming to work!!!

Cons

Absolutely nothing!!! I fall in love with the company more every day.

Advice to Management

Keep doing everything you are doing. Such a great management style!! AMP is such a wonderfully ran business!! Thank you to all management for creating the best possible work environment!!!

"Account Representative"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at American Marketing and Publishing (Less than a year)

Pros

Management is amazing, the potential to move up and grow is in your hands, unlimited income potential, amazing benefits including 3 weeks of vacation and 9 paid holidays, even black Friday, contests to earn money, more pto etc.

Cons

You have to work hard, if you can't do that and stay motivated this won't be for you. You must be regimented and flow the system, again if you can't you won't make money. Plain and simple. It's on you, no one else.

Advice to Management

I have been impressed with management and don't right off have advice.

"Senior Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

My district manager does not micromanage our team. Sales support is just a text message away and they are needed often when out and about. You build up a repore with business owners in various communities which help build your clientele in their cities and others. The job description met actual job duties.

Cons

You put a lot of miles on your own vehicle with no car allowance and a very small gas stipend.

Advice to Management

Be more selective in the hiring process. Throwing any and all individuals into our territories ends up hurting our relationships with our customers. Trying to re-establish a relationship and trust in the company with customers at every visit can be exhausting.