American Marketing and Publishing Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
American Marketing and Publishing CEO Abram Andrzejewski
Abram Andrzejewski

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Small business owners are the soil of the earth and backbone of our economy" (in 47 reviews)

• "From the interview process, to an incredibly thorough training, their constant support to help every small business achieve success is remarkable" (in 44 reviews)

Cons
  • "Most small business owners are NOT excited about advertising (any advertising from any company)" (in 40 reviews)

• "You drive around the entire time which can cause wear and tear to your car" (in 18 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Company To Work For"

Current Employee - Community Representative in Tinley Park, IL
    Current Employee - Community Representative in Tinley Park, IL

I have been working at American Marketing and Publishing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company gets it! The interview process is very straight forward and transparent. After your 1st interview, if the company is interested in hiring you, they set you up for an observation day with a successful salesrep and you get to see what a typical day is like working for the company. You get a chance to see if it is a job that you can do.
    If you are hired, you are thoroughly trained at the corporate office for a full week. The training is excellent and upon completion, you are well equipped to hit the ground running from day one.

It is a very positive environment, everyone is willing to help and want to see you succeed. The CEO is very active in the business and interacts with the sales reps as if he is your co-worker, not your boss. All layers of management are awesome, they started in sales just like all reps start at the company and have worked their way up through the ranks. Promotions are from within and merit based, so you have a real opportunity to make a ton of money and get promoted to management if that is what you want.

Im money motivated so I really enjoy the bonus opportunities and weekly and monthly cash incentives that the company make available.

Great products that every small to medium sized business needs.

Cons

The downside to working here or at any other organization is usually yourself. If you are not a hard worker and self motivated, you may habe a tough time in sales.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! Continue to stay ahead of the pack with the latest product offerings. Keep equipping us with the tools needed to succeed. Tablets , CRM, etc

2. "Inside Sales DeKalb, IL"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in DeKalb, IL
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in DeKalb, IL

Pros

I have never felt more valued and appreciated. American Marketing and Publishing is a top notch company that values every employee. I love going into work every day, and setting weekly, monthly and yearly goals that the company helps in any way for you to achieve. From the interview process, to an incredibly thorough training, their constant support to help every small business achieve success is remarkable. The CEO is a visionary, and goes above and beyond to ensure the needs of all small business owners are met. He is constantly finding new, innovative marketing techniques, while valuing every employees time and talent. I couldn’t recommend a company more than American Marketing and Publishing.

Cons

This company is leading the way in print, online and digital. I can’t think of any cons for this company. So honored to be a part of this team, I highly recommend for anyone who is an energetic, high achiever and seeks success.

Advice to Management

I would like to thank upper management for taking time every day to continue to train, and better their employees.

"Ehhh.."

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative

I worked at American Marketing and Publishing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They put you up in a hotel for a week. Management can be supportive for the most part. Can make good money if put in a decent area to work.

Cons

They don’t give you enough time to watch out in the real world. Certain people are very rude and make you feel stupid when confidence is key in this job. I felt disrespected. It’s cold calls for the most part, so customers can get agitated quickly by you. You drive around all day and get paid like nothing. I just feel like the cons outweigh the pros at this place.

4. "Great Company with Awesome Opportunities"

Former Employee - Hiring Manager in DeKalb, IL
    Former Employee - Hiring Manager in DeKalb, IL

I worked at American Marketing and Publishing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture at AMP is unlike anything I have ever experienced. Everyone is so supportive and encouraging. The office environment is fun and positive. They put a lot of emphasis on employees benefiting themselves professionally and personally. It has a family owned small feel while still being extremely professional.

Cons

Everyone has bad days at work but from my experience those are very limited at AMP.

Advice to Management

Never change the family feel AMP has. It makes this company so unique.

5. "Best Opportunity Ever"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Omaha, NE

I have been working at American Marketing and Publishing full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

This is a company that is true to its core. They have given me opportunities to have an incredible income into the mid 150s and climbing and also allows me all the flexibility i need for my young and growing family. Loyal, honest, transparent, and hardworking are 4 adjectives I will leave you with. Thank you AMP, for all you give my family and clients!

Cons

None important enough to share

6. "Poor training, low base salary"

I worked at American Marketing and Publishing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work on your own. Daily reporting is easy. Daily motivational calls.

Cons

Very poor training - ONE day on-the-run training, Had lunch while watching a Powerpoint presentation, while making notes and listening to the Manager explain info and run through slides. Wear and tear of your own car. No warm leads, Low base salary. Low car expense. Expectations of daily contacts, too high !

Advice to Management

Quantity over quality , not good. Improve your training process. Supervise your management staff. A good salesperson not necessarily becomes a good manager.

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at American Marketing and Publishing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Unlimited earning potential.
    Rewarding work in helping small businesses grow.
    Team oriented
    Excellent leadership
    Consistent training
    Peer to Peer coaching and development

Cons

It is not difficult work, but it IS hard. Lots of long hours. Your success is based strictly on how hard you work - this isnt a bad thing - it is how most businesses are run. If you dont have a work ethic then you will not last long.

Advice to Management

Find out what skill sets are present in top performing representatives and strive to locate people who fit those skill sets. This will reduce turnover.

"Outside Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Valparaiso, IN
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Valparaiso, IN

I have been working at American Marketing and Publishing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Unlimited earning potential, great commission structure, thorough training, ongoing support and great resources, the work is rewarding, encourage/facilitate personal development

Cons

Can be difficult mentally, must be organized & disciplined, some at-home research/planning is required for success, highly recommended to work late twice a week

"Not Good"

I worked at American Marketing and Publishing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Thanks for putting me up in a hotel for a week!!

Cons

The training is unrealistic. You need to have more time in the field not the classroom!! During the training you are shown homepages and digital, you then need to take it to the field!!!

Advice to Management

Just more time with tenured sales people when new sales associates go into the field!!

"Just stay alway!"

Former Employee - Production in DeKalb, IL
    Former Employee - Production in DeKalb, IL

I worked at American Marketing and Publishing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is absolutely nothing good to say!

Cons

AMP does not care about their employees and will expect them to do a mountain of work for little pay!

Advice to Management

Pay your employees what they deserve and treat them with respect! Along those same lines stop treating your customers to terribly, no wonder so many people call in pissed off.