KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Publicis Health

18 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "They have great training in the beginning of your employment and throughout your employment with AMP.(in 63 reviews)
  • "Good work life balance, good management(in 28 reviews)
  • "Great benefits, family(in 21 reviews)
  • "good money if you like sales(in 21 reviews)
  • "People in the company are nice and try to tell you what you want to hear and build you up.(in 18 reviews)
Cons
  • "long hours and pay is not what i thought it would be.(in 17 reviews)
  • "Base salary is low.(in 14 reviews)
  • "i was told during training they were putting a tracking device on my phone that I pay for and would be monitored daily, news to me...is this the Gestapo?? i WENT ON CALLS WITH MY MANAGER AND SHE BASICALLY WAS JUST HARASSING THE PEOPLE WE CALLED ON...several kicked us out or said they would call the police.(in 13 reviews)
  • "The only thing I would suggest is better communication between sales representatives out in the field and optional refresher training courses for employees who feel they have lost their way.(in 6 reviews)
  • "You put a lot of miles on your car, but they do give you a decent monthly car allowance.(in 6 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of American Marketing and Publishing and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing company!

May 20, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in DeKalb, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance and many Growth opportunities

Cons

They’re truly are no cons

Director of Recruiting

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with AMP! Feels good to create an environment together where everyone feels valued and has great opportunities to succeed.

2. 4.0

Good Company

Jul 17, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

great training great teams to work with

Cons

cold calling all day have to work way up but very doable

Director of Recruiting

Thanks for the review! We love to hear good things about our training department! We work hard to ensure our reps are prepared for the sales field and have the opportunity to continue to grow and develop over time with our AMP University and ongoing trainings.

3. 4.0
    Former Employee

Decent money

Jul 1, 2022 - Sr. Sales Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

If your willing to work hard, you can make a decent living

Cons

I’m not going to comment negatively

Director of Recruiting

Thank you for the four star review! We are glad to hear you had a good experience working with our company. All the comp plan components — the base salary, car allowance, and especially the bonuses and commissions — are definitely designed to reward hard work and a spirit of wide open opportunity for ourselves and our customers. We pride ourselves on working almost as hard as the small business owners we serve!

4. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

It's okay if you are ok with sitting on the phone all day.

Jul 6, 2022 - Inside Sales Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Most of the people who work for the company are genuine and very kind.

Cons

Some are competitive and undermining but that's to be expected in a sales position.

Director of Recruiting

Thanks for that feedback! You're right that Inside Sales is, by its very nature, pretty intensive in terms of being on the phone. Our Inside Sales reps love that there is no extra work at night or on the weekends and that their position comes with a very lucrative commissions and bonus structure. For all of us, though, this means we're totally "dialed in" during the hours between 7:30 and 4:30 (with a one hour lunch break) to ensure that we can maximize the opportunities for solid business conversations. A new Inside Sales Rep can expect to have four full days of training in their first week, followed by a trainer or a manager sitting with them on their fifth day, which is when they first begin talking with actual customers. We've found that multiple days of classroom training is good preparation, but that the best training is in fact simply starting to have those sales calls with real clients. We hope you find your footing and keep growing to love this work.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company with family values

May 15, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working for a small company means you are a real person and not just a number. They care about their employees and their success. Working with small business owners isn’t easy, but it is rewarding.

Cons

If you’re not a fan of driving, it’s outside sales so we drive a lot

1 person found this review helpful

American Marketing and Publishing Response

Thank you so much for your kind words. We definitely value our employees, and our hard-working business owner customers! We love that you find the work rewarding; we do too!

6. 1.0

Don’t work for them

Jun 12, 2022 - Salesperson in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

You can make decent money

Cons

Nice people but absolutely unreasonable expectations for sales reps. I’ve been working in sales and advertising for 25+ years and they expect you to personally see 100 clients or more per week. NOT the right way to sell and get clients to know and Trust you.

2 people found this review helpful

Director of Recruiting

We very much appreciate your feedback. One of the steps in our interviewing process is to do an Observation Day in order for you to see "A Day in the Life" of one of our sales reps. We want our new candidates to be able to experience the pace of the day and what it feels like to make 20 calls in a day. This allows a prospective sales rep to make an informed decision before accepting our offer if they feel they can be successful in our work. A call can include walking up to a business that is closed or talking to a receptionist, for example, where it is very brief. The reason we strive to have a high number of these calls is because our sale is best made face to face with a decision maker, and we don't catch the decision maker on every call we make. With your 25 years of sales experience, we know you will find a company that is a good fit for you and wish you the very best!

7. 3.0
    Former Employee

Great People - Can Depend on the Account

May 18, 2022 - Director Engineering
    Business Outlook

Pros

All the engineers working at AMP are smart, driven, and nice. Marketing knows what they're doing, and client partners deftly guide accounts.

Cons

Account management and senior leaders don't always keep the staff informed of current situations. This can cascade fast and turn into painful situations.

Director of Recruiting

Hello, this review appears to have been left for the wrong company. We do not have a Director of Engineering position or the company structure that you have described.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

The Best Entry-Level Sales Job Out In The Market!

Apr 19, 2022 - Field Sales/Training Representative in DeKalb, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I started AMP right out of college with no sales experience and was able to earn $80K my first year there. I highly recommend this organization on so many levels. AMP has the best sales training program. AMP has great benefits and uncapped commission. AMP is very community oriented and take pride in their leadership. AMP build strong reps personally and professionally.

Cons

The only downside to working for AMP is not getting out of your car and taking the word no as a final answer.

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 4.0

Nice workers!

Apr 20, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Manager was awesome, easy to work with.

Cons

very Fast paced, low pay.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

hands down best company I’ve ever worked with!

Apr 13, 2022 - District Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work/life balance Company culture Training

Cons

None I don’t have any

Viewing 1 - 10 of 528 Reviews

American Marketing and Publishing Reviews FAQs

American Marketing and Publishing has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 533 reviews left anonymously by employees. 70% of employees would recommend working at American Marketing and Publishing to a friend and 71% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 5% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, American Marketing and Publishing employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at American Marketing and Publishing. This rating has improved by 9% over the last 12 months.

70% of American Marketing and Publishing employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated American Marketing and Publishing 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at American Marketing and Publishing to be senior leadership, benefits, career development and the cons to be culture, work life balance.

Popular Careers with American Marketing and Publishing Job Seekers