American Marketing and Publishing Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
American Marketing and Publishing CEO Abram Andrzejewski
Abram Andrzejewski

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • It's hard working with small business owners who are strong minded and the backbone of our country (in 44 reviews)

• Small business owners are the soil of the earth and backbone of our economy (in 40 reviews)

Cons
  • Most small business owners are NOT excited about advertising (any advertising from any company) (in 40 reviews)

• Lots of your own gas and wear and tear (in 17 reviews)

1. "Great Company To Work For"

Current Employee - Community Representative in Tinley Park, IL
    Current Employee - Community Representative in Tinley Park, IL

I have been working at American Marketing and Publishing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company gets it! The interview process is very straight forward and transparent. After your 1st interview, if the company is interested in hiring you, they set you up for an observation day with a successful salesrep and you get to see what a typical day is like working for the company. You get a chance to see if it is a job that you can do.
    If you are hired, you are thoroughly trained at the corporate office for a full week. The training is excellent and upon completion, you are well equipped to hit the ground running from day one.

It is a very positive environment, everyone is willing to help and want to see you succeed. The CEO is very active in the business and interacts with the sales reps as if he is your co-worker, not your boss. All layers of management are awesome, they started in sales just like all reps start at the company and have worked their way up through the ranks. Promotions are from within and merit based, so you have a real opportunity to make a ton of money and get promoted to management if that is what you want.

Im money motivated so I really enjoy the bonus opportunities and weekly and monthly cash incentives that the company make available.

Great products that every small to medium sized business needs.

Cons

The downside to working here or at any other organization is usually yourself. If you are not a hard worker and self motivated, you may habe a tough time in sales.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! Continue to stay ahead of the pack with the latest product offerings. Keep equipping us with the tools needed to succeed. Tablets , CRM, etc

"Best company to work for!"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Iowa City, IA
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Iowa City, IA

Pros

This is by far the best company that I have ever worked for! Very organized and a positive experience. Lots of support! I will never have to look for another career again.

Cons

No cons to list

Advice to Management

Keep doing the great job that you all do.

3. "Insider perspective"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Zionsville, IN
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Zionsville, IN

Pros

There is so much room for growth and opportunity. There is an intense training seminar leading up to your first week out in the field so that your equipped and prepared. There is continual support from staff daily on perfecting your sales craft, character building, & company wide recognition calls, etc. I’m proud to work with a company that handles themselves professionally and respectfully— keeping the business owners and the representatives as thier peak interests. I’m proud to call AMP family.

Cons

Sales can be an emotional roller coaster. Days can be long, business owners can be rude, and there is negative stigma about sales reps. As a rep you have to be confident in yourself, confident in your product, and be able to make a strong/capturing presentation within the first few minutes to make the business owners interested. This job is not for the faint of heart or hustle. It’s a numbers game, so you gotta be willing to accept the good with the bad and move fast.

Advice to Management

Explaining the priority of special placements (inside vs outside, color vs b/w) & how to speak to the upsell as far as the benefits.

I feel more explanation on the Optima program is needed in training. I was not prepared to answer in depth questions about it out in the field. I may have been able to minimize my callbacks if I was equipped with more info. A majority of the information I have picked up as been from reaching out to my direct VP and calls with Amanda W.

I love the success calls and the contest you run monthly. :) I appreciate the professionalism and support from customer support and customer service as well- they keep me organized and get me information in a hurry.

"Progressive - Optimistic - Supportive - Independent"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Bloomington, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Bloomington, IL

Pros

They provide a detailed training week. It's much like the first week of college, but the techniques, tips, and tricks deployed during training are invaluable tools in the field. Only as much micro managing as you need, as an outside sales person you are responsible for your territory. Whether you prefer to work independently or desire the supportive touch from your team, the network of optimism, support and progressive vision of the company, AMP, provides them and invests into each person. Having worked in corporate outside sales, I have found that AMP exceeds the standard benchmarks for investment and support into the individuals they hire. If you are a worker that takes pride in tooling your trade, AMP is a company with integrity and a leadership team that invests back into the people doing the hard work.

Cons

Though you have a team and a network of support, and will be continually in contact with team members and the corporate office, you are mostly by yourself and responsible for making the sales calls needed to close the sale. At times, there could be a longer commute to the territory you are working in. Your office is your vehicle.

Advice to Management

Continue being progressive and providing the support network you give to each team member.

"Terrible"

I worked at American Marketing and Publishing full-time

Pros

They sometimes gave us lunch for free.

Cons

Everything. They pay. The way they treat people.

Advice to Management

None

"Avoid!!! This place will steal your Soul!"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Valparaiso, IN
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Valparaiso, IN

I worked at American Marketing and Publishing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Base salary is $25,000. Paid training out in DeKalb, IL. Friendly office staff. My first boss really seemed like he wanted people to succeed. He believed his own crap.

Cons

Unrealistic sales goals. You are selling phonebook advertisement. They tell you people still use them. Not true. Most of them end up in the trash. Nobody wants invest hundreds to thousands of dollar in a book that gets thrown away. Newer co-workers were nice to the newbies. Co-workers that have been there for a while see you as a threat. Their not your friend. They say they won't assign you more that 45 mins away. Most of us were assigned to an area 1hour + from home.

Advice to Management

You can't sell crap to people who already don't have enough money for their business to survive.

"Great Company. Huge Opportunity."

Former Employee - Account Executive in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Nashville, TN

I worked at American Marketing and Publishing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Unlimited Income potential, great benefits, Huge on recognition and promoting within. Great training and mentorship

Cons

You need a thick skin. Its hard work. Not everyone can do the job. If you are somebody who gives up easily this may not be the best fit for you.

"Growing Sales Based Company"

I have been working at American Marketing and Publishing full-time

Pros

Overall employee satisfaction and lots of internal promotion. Great company values.

Cons

There is a sense of compartmentalization between departments.

"Great Company with a ton of career opportunity!"

Current Employee - Marketing and Advertising Sales in DeKalb, IL
    Current Employee - Marketing and Advertising Sales in DeKalb, IL

I have been working at American Marketing and Publishing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with American Marketing & Publishing for almost 4 years now! Within my time here I have learned so much. The company has great ongoing training and development and really great leaders/managers. I love what I do and the people I work with on a regular basis. I love that AMP promotes 100% off performance and I love the direction the company is headed in. Helping small-med sized business owners is something I am extremely passionate about and can't wait to see what the future holds. Keep up the great work AMP!

Cons

This is hard work but if you put in the time and work this will be one of the most rewarding careers you can have!

"Worst experience of my entire life."

I worked at American Marketing and Publishing full-time

Pros

lol none....

Cons

Literally the worst decision I have ever made. This company will fool you into thinking this is the best opportunity for you. I took a position here right out of college, so I was desperate for work. Training was a joke. They didn't tell me my territory until training was complete. My territory ended up being 45 minutes away from my house, which I confirmed with them at the beginning that's not what I wanted. At this position, I had to go into people 'in home businesses' that were located in their basement. Potential to be kidnapped. Not safe walking into people house's of whom you don't know. They also require you to stay after hours on certain nights and walk up to people's company trucks to sell them your service....potential to be kidnapped there again. I'm a small woman and a lot of time was put into uncomfortable situations.

HARD PASS ON THIS COMPANY PEOPLE. BEWARE.

Advice to Management

Quit.