KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 485 of over 488 reviews

3.7
American Marketing and Publishing CEO Abram Andrzejewski
Abram Andrzejewski
Pros
  • "The CEO is a visionary, and goes above and beyond to ensure the needs of all small business owners are met(in 52 reviews)

• "Highly recommend AMP if you want to be surrounded by a positive and innovative company who is constantly changing lives of small business owners(in 48 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Working with small business owners, almost every position requires some level of communication with them(in 47 reviews)

• "wear and tear on your vehicle (with effort you can buy a new one more often though(in 20 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of American Marketing and Publishing and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Best Company Ever

Jan 8, 2021 - Senior Digital Marketing Manager in Bowling Green, KY
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are several things I love about this job. -potential to make what you want instead of set amount. You get paid for your effort. -I like being on my own in the field but having a manager that will do everything she can to help me. -I love the competition. -I love making dreams come true with a lot of these small home based businesses. -I love having a manager and a VP that truly have my best interest at heart always! -Having a base salary in a sales position is awesome of AMP! But, I love the fact that my paycheck has grown larger over time because of my efforts. I’m not stuck! -we’ve been needed BADLY during the pandemic!

Cons

Not really cons but reality! -wear and tear on your vehicle (with effort you can buy a new one more often though!) - long hours. If you want to be the best, you put in the time and effort and spend time at night & on weekends doing research & planning!

3 people found this review helpful

Director of Recruiting

Thank you so much for your feedback of AMP. We are committed to improving our company, culture, and business solutions and take all feedback as helpful to make AMP a better workplace. We are so glad to hear that you enjoy helping small businesses, the compensation, recognition, and training that you receive. Thank you!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company to work for

May 27, 2021 - Sales Representative in Springfield, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Family oriented, flexible, amazing compensation, family feel

Cons

Putting miles on your vehicle but get compensated for drive time.

3. 5.0
      Former Employee

Management is Phenomenal

Jul 24, 2021 - Digital Account Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Words cannot describe how thankful I am for AMP. I am not going to lie, starting out was rough as you have to prospect (cold call) in order to become an account manager. However, the things that I have learned and the encouragement that my coworkers and management have given me have been nothing short of phenomenal. I truly believe that AMP cares about their employees and works extremely hard to help them succeed. The morning success calls and all of the other tools that they put in place are empowering and make me feel like I can accomplish what I would like. The work culture is very supportive and I feel a sense of belonging when I am with my coworkers. Furthermore, management is kind, understanding and do everything they can to help me reach my goals and succeed. AMP has changed my life for the better and I am a harder worker and much more confident because of this company. Cannot say enough good things about the people here and all they have done for me!!!

Cons

The first couple of weeks are very hard because you have to prospect (cold call). However, if you can get through it, the reward is great!

4. 5.0

Perfect For Motivated & Disciplined Professionals

Mar 23, 2021 - Sales Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Performance Based Pay -They promote from within exclusively -Incredible Frontline Leadership -Culture is the best I’ve ever seen in a sales organization. Everybody wants to help and is more than willing to go above and beyond to remove obstacles. -Working with small business owners is an incredible experience. It builds confidence and stretches the AMP employees to become more intelligent, distinguished sales professionals. -The incredible growth since 1997 (1 state to now 16 states they work in) and always enhancing their products/services shows they are committed to providing the best for their clients.

Cons

-High accountability career path where success is created based on a combination of company provided training and extremely hard work by the employee. -For people looking for an 9-5 punch the clock type of position, outside sales at AMP is probably not the right fit. Small business owners are some of the hardest working people in america and AMP is full of people that make it a point to match that effort. -Rejection is not for the faint of heart. It takes thick skin and mental toughness.

Director of Recruiting

Thank you so much for your feedback of AMP. We are committed to improving our company, culture, and business solutions and take all feedback as helpful to make AMP a better workplace. We agree that our long standing interview process to show a day in the life is beneficiary for our prospective new talent as well as our company for match a good fit. We appreciate your feedback!

5. 1.0
      Former Employee

Be Aware of Job Posting

Apr 13, 2021 - Inside Sales Account Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good employee atmosphere, Good Company Culture, Room for growth if you really hustle.

Cons

Be aware of the job posting you are applying for. The position I applied to vs. what was offered and what I was doing was COMPLETELY different. Upon further training I learned that in order to become an account manager you have to have 150+ calls a day, 3+hours of talk time etc. You are assigned a territory and you literally Google business categories and make calls all. day. long. You are basically cold calling for 8 hours trying to sell their service. If this is your dream job, have at it. You have to sell 5 accounts in order to become an account manager so unless you're good at sales STAY AWAY. The pay is just offensive, you start off at $12.02 an hour and its risky when you don't make sales for the week and when you become an account manager you make a whopping $14 an hour + sales. The negative reviews on here are true. The company sells services to hide small business reviews so they rank higher on search engines and get more traffic in the door. Do not believe the positive reviews. The company culture was comfortable. My manager was welcoming and you learn A LOT in training which is somewhat helpful but super rushed. This job is perfect for someone who is right out of college looking to get their foot in the door. If you're an experienced marketer with years under your belt, don't even waste your breathe. Read the reviews. Do the digging.

Director of Recruiting

Thank you for taking time to give us feedback on your experience at AMP. We agree with you, and countless other reviewers, that AMP has a good company culture, and our leadership team does a great job training and developing our team. We are sad to hear that you felt your experience and understanding of the role you accepted wasn't what you thought it was. We do our best to provide an extensive interview process to meet with an experienced hiring manager or sales manager to learn about our company and role. Then all in the interview process before accepting a role with us, spend a full day shadowing one of our sales people to see exactly what the work is. Then we follow up with a final interview where you met with a sales leader to discuss the interview, observation, and answer any final questions you may have. We can always improve our process and would love to have you contact us to learn where we maybe missed some information or misunderstood our company and role before you accepted our position. You can reach Chad Campbell at 815-756-2840 extension 4401. We wish you the very best in your career search, and thank you for being a part of the AMP team.

6. 5.0

Great

Jul 3, 2021 - Outside Sales Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture,Pay, Flexible schedule, car allowance, work life balance, company ipad

Cons

Mileage, Drive time, no phone, nothing, none

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

Wonderful Environment To Work In

Dec 8, 2020 - Digital Assistant District Manager in DeKalb, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

I am currently an employee for our Digital Inside Sales team in our Dekalb office. I have been with the company for three years now, and find many more to come. Working for AMP has help develop me not only as a representative for the company, but I have grown outside in my personal life. All of my life successes I can point to AMP and say, thank you. There are so many tools and resources that I have taken advantage of to help me become successful within AMP. Most of my coworkers have become close friends, I am continuously meeting new coworkers that share the same love for the company as I do, and there is always room for growth. AMP is a company that is always looking forward and learning from the past. We have developed a wonderful Digital Inside Sales team that is dedicated to helping AMP reach its goals, all while helping each rep specifically hitting their goals. Opportunity is really a key word for our Digital Inside Sales team. By utilizing your tools, peers, and managers we will continue to strive to build an exceptional team and to help better our small businesses that we work with. The item that drove me to AMP was the love for small businesses in the mission statement. As a company we sell to help. Over my little years in selling I have really been able to understand how incredible it really is to work for a company that is simply so focused on selling to HELP. There are many more years to come in my future within AMP.

Cons

I do not find any cons within my work at AMP.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

5 Stars for Team AMP

Mar 3, 2021 - Assistant District Manager in Schaumburg, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with AMP for 3.5 years now and it has been the best career choice I could have made for myself. AMP has given me the financial freedom that I once only dreamed about with their uncapped commission structure and career advancement opportunities. AMP focuses on providing affordable solutions for family owned businesses and it is and honor to work for a company that truly gives back to the community. Prior to AMP, I had no sales experience, and didn't quite know what i was getting myself into. Once I joined AMP, I have received constant support and encouragement. I am recognized for my success and coached through my failures. The leaders at AMP are present and accessible. Our team culture is extremely positive in the way we elevate employee enthusiasm, which leads to better overall productivity. I love being part of a company that provides such a valuable service to the community, and also truly values each and every employee. You know a company is doing something right when their employees truly enjoy going to work every day.

Cons

I do not have any cons for AMP

2 people found this review helpful

Director of Recruiting

Thank you so much for your feedback of AMP. We appreciate you being a light to our customers, and our AMP team. We always welcome feedback on ways we can continue making AMP a great place to work. Thank you!

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good for some

Jul 6, 2021 - Sales Manager in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility, ability to control income, good hours, opportunity for growth

Cons

high volume sales, B2B, potential to burn out

10. 5.0

The Path to Making Your Own Success

Jan 29, 2021 - Senior Sales Representative in Mishawaka, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team that always supports every employee regardless of sales numbers. Always reaching out & helping others with sales support, reminders, or even just recognition of your hard work. While you are the captain of your own ship; you are never alone within AMP in which they created a friendly & supportive work environment that is honestly enjoyable & fresh.

Cons

This type of position is make your own success. The job can seem daunting at first but will be grasped within time & trial & error. However, I do feel it’s a bit tough to get through the first month but once established; it becomes easier & more efficient.

Director of Recruiting

Thank you so much for your feedback of AMP. We are committed to improving our company, culture, and business solutions and take all feedback as helpful to make AMP a better workplace. Thank you!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 485 Reviews