American Marketing and Publishing 326 Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
American Marketing and Publishing CEO Abram Andrzejewski
Abram Andrzejewski

Pros
  • Helping small business owners create success and hearing about it is so gratifying (in 35 reviews)

• It's a growing company that continues to be run like a small business (in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • You will get rejected often by business owners and you need to know how to not take it personal and keep moving (in 31 reviews)

• Lots of your own gas and wear and tear (in 15 reviews)

1. "Positive Company- Community Sales Rep."

Former Employee - Community Sales Representative in Peoria, IL
    Former Employee - Community Sales Representative in Peoria, IL

I worked at American Marketing and Publishing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company builds up self-esteem and focuses on positives rather than negatives. They have morning success calls every day and give you a through training to feel confident out in the sales field.

Cons

If you have anxiety with going into new places and are not fully confident in what you are saying, this isn't the career for you.

Advice to Management

You are doing fine

"Why AMP has changed my life"

Current Employee - Assistant District Manager in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Assistant District Manager in Madison, WI

I have been working at American Marketing and Publishing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have honestly never worked for a more caring, positive, motivating company, who truly cares about their employees and small business owners that we help. I love the positive reinforcements I receive daily from my team and upper management. The owner Abe is extremely involved with helping us and leaves us motivating voicemails daily. One of his main concerns, is that his employees are being relentlessly helpful to every single business owner we meet. Abe has a big heart and since he can't be in a million places at once helping all the business owners we help, he wants to at least make sure he has a good hearted staff and trains them with the same integrity and passion he has. For me, getting to meet new people daily and help them grow their business is such a blessing. My customers are the best and I love knowing I can help them succeed. In addition to this job having a well-rounded moral setting and feeling of accomplishment, I also must add, I feel very fairly compensated for my work. I work hard and I get paid well for it. This job has definitely given me the financial freedom I've been looking for and I love that the harder I work, the more I get paid. My VP Melinda and I go over my goals together monthly and she helps me stay on track to reach them. I am able to afford things that I could not in the past and I am so lucky that I have a job where the hard work pays off and it feels great knowing how my hard work helped others as well as my family.

Cons

You will get rejected often by business owners and you need to know how to not take it personal and keep moving. Once you master this you will realize "NO" isn't such a bad word anymore.
    I really don't have any other cons in my mind, so I will just leave you with this... this is a Preformance paid job. If you stay positive, keep going and follow the tips to success that AMP gives you, you will succeed! But if you are too afraid to get out of your car and talk to business owners, or are afraid of rejection, then this job is not for you. It can appear as a con when you don't have the right mindset for it.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to keep up the good work! Your motivation daily and positive reinforcement means the world when we are out in the field hearing "NO" in a day. The recognition goes a long way and I love hearing and seeing that even our highest up management CMC & Abe are paying attention to our work as individuals and giving us congratulatory calls! Makes me feel appreciated and good about what I do :)

3. "sales"

Current Employee - Sales in Eau Claire, WI
    Current Employee - Sales in Eau Claire, WI

I have been working at American Marketing and Publishing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

they have an outstanding owner and management right down to sales field. You get a very thorough training class and support to be a sucess. I love not having to sit in an office all day and I get paid to talk to people and change lives. I am in control of my pay and success everyday I work. This is great income with unlimited potential if you are willing to work.

Cons

If not sitting in an office all day is one, lol.

Advice to Management

keep treating your employees like you do...awesome

5. "Sales Rep"

I worked at American Marketing and Publishing full-time

Pros

Detailed training and help from other reps.

Cons

Difficult territories at times and little redirection

"Wonderful experience but wasn't the job for me in the end."

I worked at American Marketing and Publishing full-time

Pros

HUGE OPPORTUNITY FOR SUCCESS, lots of recognition, great energy from management and staff, team oriented, independence, great base pay, advancement opportunities. Management is wonderful.

Cons

long hours,high stress depending on the person, loved the job at one time just had too much going on in my life. Definitely depends on the person. If you are headstrong this is a great position.

7. "Impossible to Advance"

Former Employee - Account Manager in DeKalb, IL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in DeKalb, IL

I worked at American Marketing and Publishing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Dedicated and friendly sales training.

Cons

Low salary, All large accounts and potential large accounts are given to vetted employees. Little chance of advancing in the company. Promoting outside sales efforts across a large territory with your OWN vehicle which you CANT expense.

8. "Wouldn't recommend"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in DeKalb, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in DeKalb, IL

I worked at American Marketing and Publishing (Less than a year)

Pros

Extensive training. Good if you prefer not to be confined to an office.

Cons

Much wear and tear on vehicle. Too much turnover with employees. No work and personal life balance. Almost cult like expectations of employees.

Advice to Management

None

"Not the greatest"

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at American Marketing and Publishing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great training experience in the begining

Cons

You're literally selling ad space in phone books
    Your'e basically on your own after the week training
    If you get stuck in a tiny country town where no one wants to buy telephone book ads you're not going to do well

Advice to Management

Increase technology
    Keep the motivational training the same

American Marketing and Publishing Response

Mar 14, 2017 – Recruiting

We very much appreciate your feedback and agree that our training and the inspirational culture that we have our strengths of the business. Furthermore, we commend you for taking a job out of your ... More

10. "Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Bloomington, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Bloomington, IL

Pros

The number one thing that I like about AMP is the opportunity for advancement. From the beginning I have felt that there is a great opportunity to build my own career path. Additionally I feel and have experienced great compensation benefits with AMP. With fair pay scales, excellent commissions and incentives there is a strong chance at being very financially successful with the company. Lastly, I really enjoy the strong support systems built into my role. Both the management team and the sales support team, I am able to succeed in a true team environment.

Cons

With improvements in some technologies, such as Ipad or laptop, I could be more productive while in the field.

Advice to Management

Keep promoting from within. This not only allows people who know the job and company to help lead those in those in the field, but also motivates others to keep striving and move on with the company. This will be great for employee retention and motivation to do better each day.

"Good training"

Pros

Good training well equipped to sell

Cons

Lots of your own gas and wear and tear

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing!