American Mobile Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
Susan Salka

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Very Good Company to work for, support employees, good benefits (in 2 reviews)

• I found them to be a good company with which to start my travel career as they seem to make the process simple enough (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • They are the first and only travel company that I have used, However, from fellow travelers I have been told that AMN is the least paying company, (in 4 reviews)

• there is something in it for them and that includes all travel companies, not just AMN (in 4 reviews)

"i loved working for american mobile and would work for them again in a heartbeat"

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Seattle, WA

I have been working at American Mobile Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I loved my recruiter and she was so helpful, I worked at the va in seattle, and it was one of the best years of my life.

Cons

no cons it is a great company.

"The Best Recruiters at American Mobile"

Pros

My recruiter is the absolute best. She has gone above and beyond to help me throughout the entire travel nursing experience. She continues to keep me updated on available positions and really looks out for my best interest in every way.

Cons

I left my secure job , home, and family, in North East Ohio to pursue a more financial, stable and exciting travel positon in Tucson, Arizona. The assignment cancelled after day 4 which left me in a terrible situation. The hospital reported "lack of work" when I attempted to apply for unemployment. American Moblile reported a "mismatch" of work skills. Either way, I was out of a job, unemployed, miles from home, and no where to turn. No other positions where available at the time in Arizona, so I drove to Calif, where I fortunately had family members , and to stay with while I awaited the processing of my California license. I was unemployed for over 2 1/2 months before I decided to head back to the east coast, where I found a position in DC. My California license took over 4 months to process.

Advice to Management

After my first travel experience in Tucson, Arizona, I will never accept another position unless I am personally interviewed by the manager on the assigned unit. I was not interviewed by any staff from Tucson Medical Center before I was hired for the travel position. I cannot begin to tell you the hardship I experienced as a result. I quit my job, packed up my life, and headed to Tucson. After only the second day on the unit , my contract was cancelled. Additionally, I was told I would have two days of orientation on the floor. After one day, I was left on my own with a workload that was unacceptable, while other nurses sat on the computer on FB or did homework. The nursing staff I worked with was confused that the hospital had hired Travelers. The nurses told me there was not even enough work for them. Nurses were being cancelled and sent home due to lack of work. These comments led me to question why I was hired as a traveler and then cancelled from my contract so quickly.

3. "Great service, wonderful people to work with!!!"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at American Mobile Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been looking for employment for several months and as other nurse recruiters in the beginning were actively touching base with me every so often, they have seem to have lost interest in finding me a job. But, Staci who lives in San Diego has stuck with me for the last couple of months, not "forgetting" about me and checking in with me as well as telling me about job opportunities at least once or twice every two weeks. She is awesome. And when Staci found me employment, then Tracelle took over with getting me all squared away with the forms I needed and is a very nice person. I look forward to having a long relationship with American Mobile with many opportunities for employment.

Cons

Really, can't think of one thing, honestly.

"Everyone is very friendly and helpful with any questions you have."

Current Employee - Sonographer in Bellingham, WA
    Current Employee - Sonographer in Bellingham, WA

I have been working at American Mobile Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've only worked with AMN for a short time,but my experience so far has been great. I would recommend other to work AMN.

Cons

I wasn't very pleased with the housing. It seems that most travel companies try to keep housing on the cheaper end. Which the place you live,temporarily,should be a very important and almost feel like home.

Advice to Management

Putting yourself in the shoes of the traveling health care workers could help. This would give you an idea of what you would want if you were on a travel assignment for work.

"Telemetry or Step-down RN"

Current Employee - RN Staff Nurse
    Current Employee - RN Staff Nurse

Pros

My recruiter Valorie is great, she is quick to get me out to hospitals in locations where I want to go. She matches me with the type of work I am specialized to do.

Cons

I have no cons to share.

Advice to Management

I have no advice to management to share.

"Travel RN"

I have been working at American Mobile Healthcare full-time

Pros

Very flexible company in terms of finding assignments in your preferred work area. Recruiters are very helpful and willing to assist.

Cons

Getting in touch with a representative on the phone line can be very challenging to say the least due to long wait times.

Advice to Management

Improve telephone line experience by having more representatives available do wait times are not as long.

"Sleepy Hollow and Train to big Apple"

Former Employee - Surgical Assistant in Sleepy Hollow, NY
    Former Employee - Surgical Assistant in Sleepy Hollow, NY

Pros

Big park on the Hudson river was a scenic beauty. Lance-bowman was an excellent recruiter.

Cons

Housing was in poor condition.

Advice to Management

It was 2005 and the year didn't let me go back that far.

8. "RN, HEMO-DIALYSIS Team Leader/Travel Dept."

Former Employee - Dialysis RN in Terre Haute, IN
    Former Employee - Dialysis RN in Terre Haute, IN

I worked at American Mobile Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very Professional, service driven, RN STAFFING TRAVEL AGENCY. Very Good Company to work for, support employees, good benefits. I enjoyed working with American Mobile Health Care Services. Very efficient Pay Roll Staff, all hiring ,contact, business related forms ,all done electronically. Office personnel very polite, Professional, knowledgeable of services, resources, 24hr management or on call Supervisor Staff members to aide with issues ,emergency, or just spport. Educational resources sfor job related issues, . My Recruiter was a perfect match for my work goal re later needs, assisted me with my preferences on all my work assignments, never felt pressured or desperate to take an assignment, always had my choice to work or not work assignment and start date. My Recruiter Amana Solar, she is #1 in my book, THE BEST.

Cons

There's nothing I would say is a down fall related to how this company is manged, as an employee my work needs and job related gold was met. A very good company.

Advice to Management

A increase in pay , after completion of multiple assignments or a bonus for completing multiple consecutive assignments, especially if it's a challenging area to work .

"Overall satisfied with job."

I worked at American Mobile Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good location. Good team of people that I worked with. I enjoyed working with the clients and ever day was different.

Cons

Turn over seemed high and didn't seem to be many advancement opportunities.

"Assignments via American Mobile"

Current Employee - Staff RN in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Staff RN in New York, NY

I have been working at American Mobile Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was a travel nurse with American Mobile from late 2009 to July of 2012. Overall, I was satisfied with my experience, and would recommend American Mobile to others. I was very satisfied with my recruiter, Amanda Solar (she is the best), whom I felt addressed my needs and supported me in my assignments, and whom I felt "went to bat for me". The only negative I have is regarding compensation, which is detailed below.

Cons

I did not like having to negotiate a salary each time I renewed an assignment or started a new asssignment. I felt that as a professional with many years experience, I should not have had to negotiate a commensurate salary.