American Museum of Natural History Reviews
71% would recommend to a friend
(206 total reviews)
Ellen V. Futter
49% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Low pay for entry level." (in 15 reviews)
- "low salaries for the cost of living in NY" (in 9 reviews)
- "Toxic Management and Politics:" (in 9 reviews)
- "Ignorant upper management." (in 7 reviews)
- "Career advancement and salary compensation and raises even for the employees in financially profitable departments are extremely rare." (in 4 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of American Museum of Natural History and is not affected by filters.
Found 206 of over 275 reviews
Updated Dec 2, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Mar 18, 2023Digital Collections AssistantFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsNew York, NY
Lovely people, fun work, and it makes a difference
None really, if you don't want to do cultural work don't work here
- 5.0Mar 8, 2023Independent ResearcherFormer Employee, less than 1 yearNew York, NY
- Great team, great location, and lively environment
The food available is not the best, however, there are good food options in the neighborhood.
- 5.0Jun 9, 2021Desktop SupportFormer Employee, more than 8 years
One of the most happiest place to work. Coworkers and boss were very good
I really had none when I worked here. A wonderful place.
American Museum of Natural History Reviews FAQs
American Museum of Natural History has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 275 reviews left anonymously by employees. 71% of employees would recommend working at American Museum of Natural History to a friend and 48% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 10% over the last 12 months.
71% of American Museum of Natural History employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated American Museum of Natural History 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.