American Panel Reviews | Glassdoor

American Panel Reviews

1.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Danny Duncan

1. "Think Twice Before Working Here"

Former Employee - Refrigeration Assembly Technician in Ocala, FL
    Former Employee - Refrigeration Assembly Technician in Ocala, FL

I worked at American Panel (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company has plenty of work seasonally.

Cons

Company hires unskilled labor off the street for low pay but expects educated and certified employees to work for the same wage. Poor working conditions hot with very few fans to cool you down on those 90 degree days. Company does not give raises or do annual performance evaluations.Some have been there 10 years with no raise. Tools and equipment are sometimes broken and of cheap quality, poor and unusable condition which effects speed and quality of work performed. If you work 2nd or 3rd shifts expect the first round of layoffs just before Thanksgiving. The next set just before Christmas. Supervisors allow lead people play games to intentionally disrupt your production to make you look bad. This effects your ability to perform your work in an attempt to favor other lazy employees in order to make them look better. If you are a go getter and expect your hard work, education and willingness to take on multiple job tasks to get ahead and out shine others in your dept. you will be very disappointed. The cost to properly insure others in your family is too expensive. This is a dead end job.

Advice to Management

You already know what needs to be done.Time to start cleaning out the dead wood in the company.

2. "It was like a punch in my face. The harder I worked the less I got and the more the people who were sorry go promoted."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ocala, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ocala, FL

I worked at American Panel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are none because they don't care for good employees.

Cons

They promise you to move up in the company, promise promotions and they never happen. They never give raises

Advice to Management

Get a backbone and stand up for those who work hard and maybe you wouldn't have such a high turn over. Also you have supervisors who don't do there jobs and still get paid bigger money. Try giving raises or even reviews once in a while and you might, just might hang on to good employees. You are a terrible company that does not appreciate or value hard working employees and because of that I only hope that you do not succeed and only then you will see what you are doing wrong. I will tell everyone I know not to apply at your company because they will be paid dirt wages and never, ever get promoted or a raise even if you work hard and deserve it. I hope you sleep well at night.

3. "Great"

Pros

Great pay and benefits. Clean work environment.

Cons

Factory is not air conditioned.

5. "Assembly"

I have been working at American Panel (More than a year)

Pros

Granted 40 hours per week

Cons

Salary does not reflect the work that one puts in.

Advice to Management

It is a collective effort by all departments so it is unfair for some departments to get an increase and others do not, it's only tells us that some persons are favored more than others

6. "Trimmer"

Pros

Job offered good benefits.

Cons

Will give promotions without raises and havent given a raise in over 15 years as told by a majority of the workers that worked the for over 15 years. Have a huge turnover rate due to a cycle of hiring in the summer and mass firing in the winter.

7. "The worst company I've ever worked for!!!"

Pros

None. Just a horrible place to work.

Cons

Everything!!! Just a horrible place to work.

Advice to Management

Get new management. Just a horrible place to work.