American Power and Gas Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
American Power and Gas CEO Tom Cummins
Tom Cummins

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • American Power and Gas has a terrific call center established (in 13 reviews)

• American Power and Gas has a very stable platform for their call center that instantly impressed me (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Hard work is more important than smart work (in 4 reviews)

• Some employees in the call center were a little scary, seems they hire ex criminals but never worried about safety (in 3 reviews)

1. "Really impressed with this company!"

Current Employee - Program Coordinator in Seminole, FL
    Current Employee - Program Coordinator in Seminole, FL

I have been working at American Power and Gas full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment, great pay, supportive management team, HUGE expansion plans

Cons

Really nothing, insurance could be much better but I think they're planning to upgrade the plans in the future

Advice to Management

Keep on rocking! I am very impressed with the executive team - they are true professionals and are realizing their global expansion plans!

"The pay is the best in the AREA BY FAR"

I have been working at American Power and Gas full-time

Pros

Over the last 5 years at American Power & Gas, I have seen many changes within the company. With over 25 years in the telemarketing industry, I have seen some of the best and worst in the industry. APG is by far one of the best places I have worked. The tone of the office is upbeat and positive, the pay is the best in the AREA BY FAR. A sales agent should easily make $100K annually by showing up and following the guidance of training and management. This is one of the few call centers that is not only a job, but if you are willing to work hard you can make a career. Even with my vast knowledge of the industry, APG was able to teach me even more productive techniques. I have and will continue to recommend AP&G as a great place to work. AP&G is not only dedicated to improving the way of life for the employees but also improving and helping the community, with the vast charitable organizations that AP&G makes donations of not only money but also time and labor to assist them in times of need.

Cons

I don't have any worth mentioning.

"Job is what it is"

I have been working at American Power and Gas full-time

Pros

Unlimited Potential
    Weekly Pay
    Daily Bonuses
    more then 5 words are here

Cons

Job sucks
    Non Stop Rejection
    glassdoor is messing up saying I dont have 5 words

4. "Lies"

Former Employee - Energy Sales in Seminole, FL
    Former Employee - Energy Sales in Seminole, FL

I worked at American Power and Gas full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They put a good show for newbies.

Cons

Lies. "We have your back" "No worries" 12 week probation/training. Went from.."You sound great." to gone.

Advice to Management

Stop with the "We got your back."

"HR Department Review"

I worked at American Power and Gas full-time

Pros

None None None None None

Cons

They tap you out then walk you to the front door. Had to give one star just to place this review

Advice to Management

Fire the HR department and get professionals

"The Truth About AP&G"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Largo, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Largo, FL

I worked at American Power and Gas full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fairly good training structure but poor execution, professional office space, good services offered, good pay...but there's a catch to that...of course. See the cons...

Cons

They lie to you right out of the gate - saying "We give you 12 weeks to succeed in training because we know how hard this job is!" That was absolutely 100% false in my case and in many others' cases as well. Ultimately, they hire large groups of people (called a "Cattle Call") and they then start firing people after just a few days. In my experience, they started firing other people in my training class after just 3 days!...and nearly every single day thereafter until it was my turn. By the time they fired me, they had already fired approximately 12 people in the 3 weeks I was there. This works in AP&G's favor as they still make money off of all the HARD work their former trainees had drummed up for them. They only seem to keep just a few people from each training class...mostly women. The training room is noisy - the supervisors often yell back and forth around the room which is already noisy enough with the din of talking people, plus somewhat loud music playing over your head while you're on the phone trying to handle business. It's not a standard professional vibe at all and it makes it very stressful to train in those conditions. When you're on a call with a potential client, the trainers are literally line-feeding you in your ear, expecting you to literally ignore the person you're speaking with and just say whatever they're telling you to say. This has caused trainees to LOSE deals...the deals they need to be kept in employment with AP&G! Especially when the "trainees" don't get rewarded for the sales they DO make (no commissions or spiffs for trainees)...but the company sure does make a profit off of your hard-earned work! Very stressful work environment with little to NO job security!!! If you want something stable that you can rely on...this is not likely going to be what you need! I showed up every day, on time, acted professionally at all times, tried hard every day, and even got a few "deals"...and still...fired. Says a lot about the company.

Advice to Management

Don't lie about giving people (who work hard and show up on time, like me) 12 weeks to "Get through training"....it's just a flat out lie! The loud music and constant loud chatter from the trainers is so unprofessional and just makes it harder for people to succeed.

"I love it here!"

I have been working at American Power and Gas full-time

Pros

I love working at AP&G. The trainers and staff are GREAT! Very helpful very understanding. Great training, Great pay, overall great company to work for :) !

Cons

No complaints come to mind

"You are in control of your attitude"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant to Vice President of PR and Marketing in Seminole, FL

I have been working at American Power and Gas full-time

Pros

This company is teaching me so many great things! I started out as a sales rep and have come extremely far! The company feels like family, I work in the office with great minded people, and we respect each other. The primary goal of this company is to constantly improve our methods and work environment

Cons

There aren't really any cons, there is always room for improvement in a company. We do work very hard, and some might say that this employer pushes you hard. I personally love being in an environment where everyone is lifted up and inspired to be the best version of themselves they can be!

Advice to Management

Keep showing up and working hard.

"Great Job"

Pros

I enjoy working here and the benefits are good

Cons

There are good and bad things to any job but I can't think of anything specific that would be helpful.

"horrible"

I have been working at American Power and Gas full-time

Pros

reasonable starting pay, paid training

Cons

bad ethics, treat employees like cattle