American Renal Associates Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

American Renal Associates Reviews

Updated Nov 8, 2019

2.6
American Renal Associates CEO Joseph Carlucci
Joseph Carlucci
Pros
  • "Good pay, most of my co-workers were very friendly, benefits were decent(in 12 reviews)

• "Good company to work for, good work-life balance and decent pay(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "inadequate staffing, no electronic medical records, too much paper work, no 401k match, work overload(in 17 reviews)

• "Poor management, limited growth, expensive insurance, no 401k match(in 17 reviews)

"Burned out"

Current Employee - Collector in Beverly, MA

I have been working at American Renal Associates full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lately I can’t think of any pros.

Cons

Long hours to work on never ending projects. Can we just work on what we were hired to do ? Changing the work every five minutes has everyone stressed and unhappy.

American Renal Associates2019-05-10
  2. "Make sure you are aware of the managemnt"

Former Employee - Ccht in Ruskin, FL

I worked at American Renal Associates full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Like working for the company, been there for fifteen years.

Cons

Management CM, very unstable, ran a lot of good staff away, then came back to run the rest of us away, Good job ARA, you lost a lot of good staff, by allowing this to happen, and knowing of all the complaints, and still did nothing to protect your loyal staff.

American Renal Associates2019-10-21

"Bad news, RUN!"

Current Employee - Staff RN in Fresno, CA

I have been working at American Renal Associates full-time for less than a year

Pros

Patients, peer coworkers, hours of operation

Cons

Cut hours from 12s to 10s without vote and only 2 week notice. Chaotic work environment enhanced by poor management and charge nurses. Primary care expectations without the least effort given to achieve a primary nursing assignment, required to write care plans on patients you may not have even seen that month, or ever. HR completely unresponsive to employee complaints regarding inappropriate behavior and speech from manager. Corporate completely unresponsive even though an executive witnessed inappropriate unprofessional behavior from manager. Payroll takes PTO hours at a greater rate than earned to make up for cut hours even though employee called and SPECIFICALLY TOLD THEM NOT TO DO THAT!

American Renal Associates2019-11-08

"How Everyone Feels But No One Can Say (While Employed with ARA)"

Former Employee - Biling/Management Team in Beverly, MA

I worked at American Renal Associates full-time

Pros

I worked at ARA for several years. At first there were many pros (perk wise) such as summer BBQ's, employee appreciation gift cards, and hour lunches. The pay also was good for the job you were performing. However, those things no longer exists for current employees. n the last few years the company perks have been basically nonexistent. Not to mention, any employee appreciates is close to none.

Cons

One thing that has remained consistent is the poor management team. I have had approximately 7 managers in my several years with the company and with the exception of one or two managers, the majority of my direct managers have been condescending, unprofessional, and unrealistic. Management has unrealistic employee expectations. Instead of being transparent (as they claim to be), they hide company news and news that directly effects teams/team members. Everything is kept a secret and employees are kept in the dark. Nowadays most managers all manage in the same dictating manner and their “open door” policy is not honored. Mangers speak negatively about other peers and employees and tend to share information to others that is employee related and private. Including but not limited to medical, family, and/or personal life matters. Management does not liked to be asked questions and will often tell you to “google” things when you ask them. Training is non existent. They barely have any processes and procedure documents available. Instead of hiring new employees to replace the ones that have left (turn around is very high despite what they say) they force people to leave their current departments to become billing collectors/admission coordinators. Employees are also known to be written up for speaking up or for not completing tasks that they were never trained on. The pay/annual increase is hard to obtain and you’ll be lucky if you make an extra 20 cents a year. Favoritism does exists. If they like you, management will accommodate your schedule, promote you when you threaten to leave, and share information with you that they shouldn’t behind closed doors. Management expects you to do others jobs and not be recognized or credited for it monetarily and title wise. Company morale is extremely low and often you will hear people say they cry on their way to work.

American Renal Associates2019-11-08
  5. "Good hours, not enough staff"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at American Renal Associates full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Hours are good, Winter holidays off

Cons

Just enough staff to get the job done, most days are a struggle

American Renal Associates2019-10-02
  6. "Monotonous"

Current Employee - Billing Specialist in Beverly, MA

I have been working at American Renal Associates full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people are very nice

Cons

The job is monotonous, there is not much room for upwards growth

American Renal Associates2019-09-24

"The company is a mess"

Current Employee - Undisclosed in Beverly, MA

I have been working at American Renal Associates full-time

Pros

Ultimate goal of helping patients on dialysis

Cons

Corporate management is so poor: 1. No communication from organization leaders, which is a crucial misstep in the current management of this company amid financial issues and lawsuits. 2. There is no morale among staff members and leadership refuses to acknowledge the issue. Little office perks are being cut left and right. 3. No IT infrastructure leading to very manual processes and poor data management (systemic issue throughout the company, lack of technological resources and shared data sources)

American Renal Associates2019-09-03

"Horrible"

I worked at American Renal Associates full-time

Pros

There are none that I can think of

Cons

Low pay terrible managers

American Renal Associates2019-05-27
  9. "No cap salaries"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at American Renal Associates full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

No cap salaries, great starting salary

Cons

No formal training, you have to be experienced

American Renal Associates2019-04-15

"Communication is lacking"

Pros

Over the past few years there has been great strides in improving efficiency and processes, still a lot to do, but it’s a start.

Cons

Top leaders and management has no sense of transparency in communicating with lower level staff. It’s very difficult to continue improving things within the company of top leaders refuse to improve communication skills among the depts.

American Renal Associates2019-04-07