American Rental Property Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.2
Mike Gerrity

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Things are on the up raise!"

I have been working at American Rental Property Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Making small differences in our tenants rental experience. We work with low income individuals that trust us to be there for all of their rental needs. In the last couple of years the company has defiantly started making changes for the better and it really shows when speaking with our tenants. We receive free lunch every day and there is the opportunity to learn as much as one possibly can about this business.

Cons

You must be very self motivated and able to work with little direction. This could also be a pro as well. The only true con is with little direction those that are not self motivated seem to focus their day on things they like to do rather than things that need to be done. We also need some type of warning system when employees continue to mess up so it would be more of 3strikes your out. This would also make employees feel more secure because they would know what they are doing is right or wrong and if their job is at risk

Advice to Management

Keep going in the direction you are going!!

2. "Market Manager"

I worked at American Rental Property Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Had a lot of vision and the corporate office was fun and energetic with catered lunches.

Cons

Didn't pan out how expected. too much responsibility for recent graduates that aren't real estate license holders.

3. "Absolutely Awful"

Pros

There are none - Absolutely none. None.

Cons

The worst company I've ever witnessed. Communication is the WORST.

Advice to Management

Have your workers actually call the clients back, and maybe they will actually lease out some houses. Unfortunately, this company doesn't do any business. They just waste everyone's time.

4. "Ambitious, perhaps too much so."

Pros

Good first full time job out of college.

Cons

Lack of Leadership and systems to grow at expected pace. Not a place to work long term. Benefits were a joke. Bonus opportunities we seldom awarded, and required triple overtime to achieve them. I did the math and it would have been better to get a low paying part time job than to work extra to get the bonuses.

"apartment leaser"

Pros

Can't think of a single one.

Cons

Run as fast as you can the other way!

6. "Office"

Pros

Lunch provided great co wokers

Cons

Disorganized.. Upper doesn't care about tenants

Advice to Management

Pay more

7. "Good intentions, but definite lack of direction and transparency."

Former Employee - Market Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Market Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at American Rental Property Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent compensation and bonus structure. Employees at corporate that I interact with were always super friendly. Create own hours/work habits. Learned a lot about home rehab/interacting with tenants

Cons

Was not trained. Have to pay out of pocket to purchase tools/lock sets. Too many Chiefs at the office. Never received a straight answer. Lack of transparency which is difficult being the only employee in a market across the country. Most homes managed are in bad neighborhoods and under rehabbed. Company tends to over promise and under deliver with tenants. Company will spy on your movements using GPS.

Advice to Management

Have a very specific training program for market managers. Be more transparent with your market managers. Too many people have hands in the pot when it comes to vendor payments. This slows down the process for jobs to start, which frustrates contractors, creates less quality and timely work and in turn creates a bad relationship with the tenants. The market manager will care less about his/her job and the company when he feels that the company doesn't have his back. Purchase homes in nicer communities that will 1) bring in better tenants and 2) create immediate profit off of a rehab. Most neighborhoods I managed in were in decline and they have been since the 50s with no change in sight. And lastly, do to others what you would like done to you. I understand that a business is supposed to create profit, but that does not mean do unethical things to save money.

8. "Loving Work"

Current Employee - Leasing Specialist in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Leasing Specialist in San Diego, CA

I have been working at American Rental Property Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is my first job in California and I've never been happier to be part of a great team! ARPS is a fun place to work because it's always changing, and it is very exciting to help shape processes with new ideas which management is always eager to hear. Plus they provide breakfast and lunch everyday!

Cons

ARPS is a small company so everything is always changing which is very rarely a con with ARPS

Advice to Management

Keep listening to new ideas from your employees and keep up the great work!

9. "Exciting New Vision Creating Tons of Opportunities"

Current Employee - Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in San Diego, CA

Pros

Awesome business model in mega-growth industry of rental homes
    Committed, Creative Leadership, driven to create a future for their people
    FREE Lunch
    Somewhat flexible schedule
    Room to expand responsibilities if you are interested in growth.
    Great place for people looking to take charge of their career.

Cons

As a relatively new company, there are still growing pains galore.
    They had a rough start from a personnel standpoint and some of the decisions made then have a hangover effect ( but quickly changing)
    Not great if you just want to punch a clock and stay the same

Advice to Management

Keep you foot on the gas pedal, we are really starting to rock and roll.

10. "Company will kill your spirit"

Former Employee - Property Manager in La Jolla, CA
    Former Employee - Property Manager in La Jolla, CA

I worked at American Rental Property Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company offers real jobs, and can help grow your experience in the property management field. Some of the employees that work there are great.

Cons

Management lies about bonuses. The atmosphere of the company crushes your spirits. The owner has experience exploiting his work force. The expectation is to work 12 hour days. The company is anything but a meritocracy with friends of the owner or CEO getting paid well when everyone else gets terrible wages. There are issues with sexism.

Advice to Management

Sell the company to owners who will treat employees like assets instead of an expendable workforce.