American Residential Communities Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
David Helfand
1 Rating

1. "Good Company"

Pros

Communication from CEO was good

Cons

There were not many to speak of

2. "Best company I ever worked for"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Jonesboro, GA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Jonesboro, GA

I worked at American Residential Communities full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They care about their employees, and even though it's a nation wide company they listen to your options and concerns.

Cons

They charge back on commissions, if resident moves out before 9 month period.

Advice to Management

If company was still running I would still be employed with them.

3. "Not a job for the weak."

Current Employee - Community Manager in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Englewood, CO

Pros

Great communication between upper management and the field and a complete willingness to consider almost any suggestion for improvement. Recent changes have made the company more progressive and have given alot of room to grow. There is a definate standard to which you are held and it is made clear from the get-go if you stick to these you will get the back up you need. There is plenty of one on one time with the higher ups (I have met almost everyone) and feel that I can call any one of them if need be. they have also implemented some new practices and programs in the past year that have made our jobs much easier and have cut out much of the paperwork associated with the job. Good bonus structure and benefits.

Cons

Long hours(sometimes up to 12 hrs a day) and fairly low salaries (less than 30K) compared to other property management companies. Minimal staff causes community managers to spend more time on mowers in the summer than watching the budget. Annual fourth quarter cut-backs brings business to a near halt at the end of the year. Annual rent increases cause dissatisfaction among residents even though many communitys have indaicated that they are unable to offer any new services and are from time to time unable to maintain their locations to standard even though they are consiterable higher than the competition.

Advice to Management

The residents here are not rich people, it is important to keep in mind that they are the first to be laid off and struggle during hard times. Maybe we can go one year without increasing rents and actually complete some of the projects we have promised them year after year.