American River HealthPro Credit Union Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Awesome culture."

Former Employee - Call Center Manager in Rancho Cordova, CA
    Former Employee - Call Center Manager in Rancho Cordova, CA

Pros

CEO really committed to the vision and captured the hearts and minds of staff. The culture stimulated innovation in me. I really loved it a lot.

Cons

We were acquired by SAFE CU.

Advice to Management

Start another credit union.

2. ""Okay" at best, lots of good "pros" with some really bad "cons" to even it out."

Former Employee - Account Service Representative in West Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Account Service Representative in West Sacramento, CA

Pros

Good benefits, decent enough pay for what you do, no "make your sale quota or you are fired" kind of attitude. Provides 401K as well but does not match contributions.

Cons

My experience was that the company itself is not really that bad, the problem is with some of the management. Regional Managers tend to have personal relationships with the local managers outside the work force. They go out and do stuff together on the weekends basically. As a non-manager in a regular branch this means that when you have a problem with your boss you really don't have anyone to turn to. Go to your boss and you'll find yourself unemployed. Go over your bosses head to the Regional Manager and they won't do anything since they are buddies with their subordinates. In the end you find yourself dealing with lazy bosses who frequently abandon their branches early everyday to take care of personal non-work related activities, leaving your branch with a "skeleton crew" to get work done. My experience would have been much better had my boss actually acted professional about his job. He played favorites, catered to the needs of those he spent time with outside of the office and denied similar requests for special needs to those with whom he did not associate with outside of work.

Advice to Management

Earn the confidence in the staff that they can come to senior management with their thoughts and concerns about the branch managers so that the work place can be a better place to spend 40 hours a week at.