American Senior Benefits Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.7
Jim Sweeney

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • ASB provides great training and support (in 4 reviews)

• Great job helping seniors with insurance products (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • I guess it would be the hard work in the first few years (in 5 reviews)

• simply READ THE CONTRACT before you sign it (in 3 reviews)

"Awesome and Unique Opportunity"

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Bloomington, IN
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Bloomington, IN

I have been working at American Senior Benefits full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Leads are given to you
    -Management is always there to help
    -Nice training
    -You can win great trips and gets bonuses from carriers
    -Paid every week

Cons

None to list at this time!

Advice to Management

You have created a wonderful culture!! Keep it up and people will be running to learn about and join ASB!

2. "An Amazing Career"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at American Senior Benefits full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I get to work with friends, both in people I report to and those that report to me. I was age 50 when I contracted with ASB. I was scared that I might fail. I worked hard. The first three years went well, but were long hours. Year four was over $100,000. Today, over 11 years after I started, I make over $350,000 per year. My renewals are almost $200,000! I travel more than any one person aught to. I own my business. If I died, my renewals would continue to my children for the life of the policies I wrote! I get paid some of the highest commissions in the industry. I work with over 100 companies. I perform a service for my clients. I am able to help them with some of the most important decisions in their lives. Candidly, this career has been life changing for me! I look forward to the years ahead and to my retirement someday. A retirement better than I ever dreamed of.

Cons

I guess it would be the hard work in the first few years. If your afraid of that... this is the wrong job for you!

Advice to Management

Keep taking such good care of us! Thank you for treating us like an extended family. Thank you for constantly updating and improving all the tools, leads, training and recourses we have! Thank you for the heartfelt hug each time we meet.

3. "Own your Business"

Current Employee - TEXAS (TX) in Arlington, TX
    Current Employee - TEXAS (TX) in Arlington, TX

I have been working at American Senior Benefits full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Unique Opportunity for Insurance agents who want to expand their Business
    Be your own boss, offer solutions from several carriers, training locally and regionally. Market is pre- retirees and retires. Solutions offered, Distribution Planning, Medical, Long Term Care

Cons

Need to be self starter, experienced sales person. Ability to learn quickly.
    Commission sales only.

4. "The best Hybrid independent/captive!!!"

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent (Who Give Honest Advice) in West Des Moines, IA

I have been working at American Senior Benefits full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Take the best aspects of being a captive agent, (training, support, leads, systems Ect..) and combine it with the unlimited carrier offerings that an independent agent would have, along with generous compensation levels and you would begin to understand how great American Senior Benefits' business model really is...
    I have been an insurance agent for over 10 years for both captive, and independent realms, & with American Senior Benefits for 7 years for what it's worth..

Cons

Commissionable sales is not for everyone...
    You cannot simply "punch in and punch out" of a Time Clock to get paid. You must fully engaged to earn 6 figures ++ that you're looking for

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work fellas!!

5. "Manager"

I have been working at American Senior Benefits full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None you work they get paid and you have to fight to even get half of what you earned. They have you assign your commission to them, thats your first mistake.

Cons

Everyone on top take a portion of your commissions, the recruitment process for new agents is a con. They show up thinking that they are there for a salaried position, it's a bait and switched into a commission only sales job. Where they have an out of pocket expense of over $500 just to get started. Sell your family and friends before you go broke and let are let go and they keep your earned and renewal commissions.

Advice to Management

Be honest with everyone I know that's hard for a lot of you to do, especially in Ocala Fl.

6. "Don’t look any further"

I have been working at American Senior Benefits full-time

Pros

Finest opportunity in financial services today. The company gives everyone the best products to meet clients needs, coupled with the best prospecting programs, payouts, and vesting and ownership. If you have talent and are willing to work hard, you will find no better company or culture in America.

Cons

None, other than if you don’t work hard don’t expect success

"medicare specialist"

Former Employee - Medicare Sales Representative in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Medicare Sales Representative in Columbus, OH

I worked at American Senior Benefits part-time (More than a year)

Pros

at the Columbus, Ohio office, so far, none

Cons

Until they keep a manager without any turnover there is nothing but cons

Advice to Management

try and give your people who were hired by your manager some help even though you then fired that manager!

8. "Making a difference"

Current Employee - Operations Director in Gainesville, FL
    Current Employee - Operations Director in Gainesville, FL

I have been working at American Senior Benefits full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I really see how what we do makes a difference in people's lives. In some cases, we save people a tremendous amount of money, and sometimes we save them just enough.

Cons

Overcoming preset judgments to lump us in with the other types of companies.

9. "Agent"

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Chico, CA
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Chico, CA

I have been working at American Senior Benefits full-time

Pros

Everything I need to help people and fell like I'm making a difference in people's lives.

Cons

You have to work hard. But it's wirth it

Advice to Management

Thanks for always being there for me.

"Successful Agent"

Current Employee - Agent in Maple Grove, MN
    Current Employee - Agent in Maple Grove, MN

I have been working at American Senior Benefits full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

"Putting People Back in the People Business" is who we are and we live by this. I've been with ASB since 2009. I struggled as a new agent and new to the sales industry. I kept at it until I got it right, and now I'm earning a good living.
     There is no better opportunity, no ceiling, and you get what you put into it. They are about training, support and growth. I am proud to be a part of this agency, and I will be around for life.

Cons

The only way to fail, is to not put in the work. Starting out you need do cold calling. It's not fun, but you have to start somewhere. I've seen a lot of agents fade out.. but only because they didn't commit to doing the work. They had the ability, but didn't give it time (or their time). No one's going to spoon feed you. Well maybe a little, but at some point you need to be cut off so you can learn and grow. The difference between a starving agent, and a successful agent, is the diligence shown in the beginning of their career and the consistency in your work week.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. I appreciate you all!