American Senior Benefits Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.0
Jim Sweeney

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "ASB provides great training and support" (in 4 reviews)

• "Great job helping seniors with insurance products" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "I guess it would be the hard work in the first few years" (in 5 reviews)

• "simply READ THE CONTRACT before you sign it" (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great opportunity"

Current Employee - Senior Agent
    Current Employee - Senior Agent

I have been working at American Senior Benefits full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Mentorship in a challenging industry, slowly add responsibilities so you are not overwhelmed. Senior agents will do all the technical work to get you started.

Cons

Takes a lot of hardwork to get going. Not for someone who wants a 9 to 5 and to slack off.

2. "Love my job!"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Ocala, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Ocala, FL

I have been working at American Senior Benefits full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work environment! Work ethic is definitely a must to make it in this business but it is so rewarding in the end. The first 6 months were the toughest but with the support from the company and employees it made it worthwhile. I am so glad I am able to enjoy the benefits of all my hard work and I have essentially created my “own” business. I couldn’t be more thankful in finding this career.

Cons

Not for those who don’t put in the effort to work.

Advice to Management

Thanks for all the support and excellent training.

3. "Great Sales Career"

Current Employee - Unit Sales Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Unit Sales Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at American Senior Benefits full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Pay,
    Quickly paid,
    Good lead system
    great culture and atmosphere

Cons

It is a commission based job but with unlimited earning and renewal opportunities

4. "An incredible opportunity"

Current Employee - Sales Agent
    Current Employee - Sales Agent

I have been working at American Senior Benefits (More than a year)

Pros

The pros of this job have to be the salary and the flexibility, I feel like I can plan my days how I want to and that I will get out what I put in. If I feel like working 12 hours one day and then 0 the next I can build my schedule that way.

Cons

Cold calling is difficult but necessary to get started. That is the only con that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, the culture of the company is amazing.

5. "not worth the stress of it"

I worked at American Senior Benefits full-time

Pros

the actual job was wonderful

Cons

the job itself was great all the crap in the office wasnt, if you are family and home oriented you wont fit in because they only like single party people.

Advice to Management

get real

"Awesome and Unique Opportunity"

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Bloomington, IN
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Bloomington, IN

I have been working at American Senior Benefits full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Leads are given to you
    -Management is always there to help
    -Nice training
    -You can win great trips and gets bonuses from carriers
    -Paid every week

Cons

None to list at this time!

Advice to Management

You have created a wonderful culture!! Keep it up and people will be running to learn about and join ASB!

7. "An Amazing Career"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at American Senior Benefits full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I get to work with friends, both in people I report to and those that report to me. I was age 50 when I contracted with ASB. I was scared that I might fail. I worked hard. The first three years went well, but were long hours. Year four was over $100,000. Today, over 11 years after I started, I make over $350,000 per year. My renewals are almost $200,000! I travel more than any one person aught to. I own my business. If I died, my renewals would continue to my children for the life of the policies I wrote! I get paid some of the highest commissions in the industry. I work with over 100 companies. I perform a service for my clients. I am able to help them with some of the most important decisions in their lives. Candidly, this career has been life changing for me! I look forward to the years ahead and to my retirement someday. A retirement better than I ever dreamed of.

Cons

I guess it would be the hard work in the first few years. If your afraid of that... this is the wrong job for you!

Advice to Management

Keep taking such good care of us! Thank you for treating us like an extended family. Thank you for constantly updating and improving all the tools, leads, training and recourses we have! Thank you for the heartfelt hug each time we meet.

8. "Own your Business"

Current Employee - TEXAS (TX) in Arlington, TX
    Current Employee - TEXAS (TX) in Arlington, TX

I have been working at American Senior Benefits full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Unique Opportunity for Insurance agents who want to expand their Business
    Be your own boss, offer solutions from several carriers, training locally and regionally. Market is pre- retirees and retires. Solutions offered, Distribution Planning, Medical, Long Term Care

Cons

Need to be self starter, experienced sales person. Ability to learn quickly.
    Commission sales only.

9. "The best Hybrid independent/captive!!!"

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent (Who Give Honest Advice) in West Des Moines, IA

I have been working at American Senior Benefits full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Take the best aspects of being a captive agent, (training, support, leads, systems Ect..) and combine it with the unlimited carrier offerings that an independent agent would have, along with generous compensation levels and you would begin to understand how great American Senior Benefits' business model really is...
    I have been an insurance agent for over 10 years for both captive, and independent realms, & with American Senior Benefits for 7 years for what it's worth..

Cons

Commissionable sales is not for everyone...
    You cannot simply "punch in and punch out" of a Time Clock to get paid. You must fully engaged to earn 6 figures ++ that you're looking for

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work fellas!!

"Manager"

I have been working at American Senior Benefits full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None you work they get paid and you have to fight to even get half of what you earned. They have you assign your commission to them, thats your first mistake.

Cons

Everyone on top take a portion of your commissions, the recruitment process for new agents is a con. They show up thinking that they are there for a salaried position, it's a bait and switched into a commission only sales job. Where they have an out of pocket expense of over $500 just to get started. Sell your family and friends before you go broke and let are let go and they keep your earned and renewal commissions.

Advice to Management

Be honest with everyone I know that's hard for a lot of you to do, especially in Ocala Fl.