American Trading International Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
Seth Merrick Wilen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "My experience at ATI has been nothing short of great, the work environment is awesome everyone has been very welcoming"

I have been working at American Trading International full-time

Pros

Great work environment
    Awesome management
    Good balance of work and play
    Sense of community

Cons

If I have to put down a con and this is me being very nit picky about the situation it would be parking because it's very much manageable

Advice to Management

Keep the good vibes going it makes everyone work harder and it just makes the work environment go alot smoother so keep it up it's been a great experience

2. "redundant hierarchy"

I worked at American Trading International full-time

Pros

Free samples of expired snacks and junk food.

Cons

micro managing
    pto accrual rate
    need approval to do just about anything

"Fake positive reviews from ATI"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at American Trading International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Positivr reviews are written by same person. Duh! Haha all at ATI know. So obvious and says a lot about the place if you have to create fake reviews

Halloween candy in a week. +++++

Cons

Lost hope. Same problems over and over. Big brother mentality.Secretly looking until then I’m here. Everyone is miserable. fake it until we find something else. Yes me included!!! Gotta pay my bills.Yes I love ATI. I love my job! Keep my paycheck coming but Im dying inside. Oscar nomination please!

Advice to Management

What management?

4. "Toxic Environment"

Former Employee - International Sales Coor in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - International Sales Coor in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at American Trading International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The greatest part about ATI was learning exactly what the red flags are of a toxic work environment. That being said, the staff is comprised of very intelligent, diligent, and supportive people. For those who like to travel, the sales team has the opportunity to visit international conventions and meetings on a regular basis.

Cons

The company is owned and operated by a married couple - one on the sales/daily operations side, the other in accounting and "HR". On numerous occasions I witnessed the CEO make openly sexist, racist, and homophobic remarks about job applicants and current staff members. My colleagues and I would often joke that we could tell which candidates would get the job from the moment they walked in the office - young, pretty, and naive were the preferred type. Beyond that, I found the team I was working on to be plagued with infighting and unbearable office politics.

Advice to Management

Hire an independent HR department. Consider the quality of life you deprive your staff of through low wages, petty politics, and penny pinching.

5. "Nice place to work and learn"

Current Employee - Export Logistics Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Everyday is different, everyday is a new opportunity to learn and develop skills. This company cares about people, the management encourage and motivate the teams to achieve significant goals reflected on the company success.

Cons

Sometimes is hard to find parking...

"Amazing Benefits"

I have been working at American Trading International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay and amazing benefits. This is the first time I’ve worked for a company who offers 100% employer paid plans for medical, dental, and vision core packages. Other super awesome benefits include: flexible spending account, dependent care account, 401(k), and discount programs (includes hotel, movie ticket, wellness discounts and theme park discounts), employee assistance program and voluntary life insurance.

Cons

Would like to see Pet Insurance Coverage

"ATI is Awesome!"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant

Pros

I have been working for ATI for the last 10 months and can honestly say it is the best company I have ever worked for in so many aspects. Firstly, everyone is super friendly and willing to help you, not to mention everyone is super passionate about what they do. it is really inspiring and motivating to work with like-minded, positive people. The company offers plenty of employees' benefits; their medical, vision and dentals plans are great! We often participate in several team building activities and special events (with yummy catered food). Furthermore, I really appreciate the fact they really take their time to appreciate employees' efforts and dedication for the sake of the company's success and growth, that really motivates us to do even more! They really listen to what the employees have to say and are constantly looking for ways to make the company even better! We now have a super cool book club, a foodie club (where employees get together every month to explore new restaurants in Los Angeles / attend food-related events), monthly birthday breakfasts and awesome happy hours which some times even include some funny karaoke ! Not one day is ever the same at ATI. If you love International Trade and exciting challenges as well as the opportunity to work and learn from some of the most knowledgeable and fun people in the field, you will totally love working here. I am the Executive Assistant to Mr. Wilen, our CEO & President and have been so fortunate to work closely with him. He is extremely knowledgeable about International Trade and I learn so much every day from him. He has a super positive attitude, always makes me laugh and most importantly, really values my work and treats me with the utmost respect, despite his super busy and some times very stressful and busy work life. I cannot be grateful enough for this wonderful opportunity! I really enjoy working at ATI and look forward to continue to grow together with the company.

Cons

Since the company did not have an Executive Assistant before, there was not much organization around management's schedules and it was a bit of a challenge organizing recurring meetings. However, all managers quickly adapted to calendaring ever since I was hired and now the office flow is a lot smoother and communication has improved a lot.

"Logistics"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at American Trading International (More than 3 years)

Pros

1. The company pays for your medical / dental insurance.
    2. Co-workers are great!
    3. Casual work wear.

Cons

1. ATI likes to micro-manage employees
    2. High turnover
    3. The owner can be very controlling

"Different than before"

I have been working at American Trading International full-time

Pros

In the 2 years I have been at the company I have seen it morph and change constantly, and seemingly for the better every time. Management has made an effort to improve communication with all employees by having monthly meetings, actually taking the time to appreciate employees. They added an HR department, though only one person, it makes a big difference. This company is really going places, its exciting to be a part of the excitement.

Cons

Though I know SAP is for the better, I wish transition was easier.

"Great Work Environment!"

Pros

Wonderful new expanded space. Great team building and office events!! This Thanksgiving potluck was the best year yet! So much to be thankful for at ATI!

Cons

Wish we would have started the happy hours sooner.