American Transmission Reviews | Glassdoor

Mike Rowe

1. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I have been working at American Transmission full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

To me, the best part about ATC is the employees. I enjoy the culture and I feel like I am part of a winning team. The benefits are great; 401K, pension, vacation, sick/personal days, paid holidays, etc. The company provides leadership training and team workshops for new leaders and managers. People are consistently promoted from within the company. Even when the workload can get heavy, I enjoy going to work every day and feel like I am respected and appreciated.

Cons

With multiple locations the offices do not always have the same feel and culture but it is always being improved upon.

Advice to Management

Continue improving communication across the company and keep promoting from within. It is important to work with people who enjoy what they do and while I feel that in my current team I'd like to see it continue across departments. Value diversity in prior work experiences and keep training/educating current staff so they grow with the company.

2. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

I have been working at American Transmission full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

ATC truly cares about their employees. ATC offers a professional environment, competitive salaries and benefits, growth opportunities, and many soft perks.

Cons

At ATC, employees are expected to work hard; however, they are also well rewarded for their time and energy. Work hard; play hard.

Advice to Management

Employees appreciate the "open door" policy that is consistently upheld across middle and senior leadership. The level of transparency is foundational to the wonderful culture offered by ATC.

3. "Great place to work, great project teams"

I have been working at American Transmission full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work hours, great retirement and health benefits, good and constant communication from management. It is clear that members of the leadership team have take lessons from Performance Management courses because they implement those practices in the office. There is certainly a team mindset in most of the different groups I have worked with and an emphasis to hire people that are great team members.

Cons

There is not much diversity in terms of ethnicity and age.

5. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pewaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pewaukee, WI

I have been working at American Transmission (More than a year)

Pros

ATC is the best company I've ever worked for. They truly care about their employees, customers and the community. It's a fun place to work with so many talented people. Management sets you up for success.

Cons

I cannot think of a thing.

6. "Great company and great people"

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at American Transmission full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Team work and great work atmosphere. Great benefits and the work life balance is amazing. I would recommend this company due to the great leadership at the executive level.

Cons

Due to the medium size of the company , Career advancement could somewhat be challenging but I think because ATC works as a team, any employee can also participate to the progress of the company.

7. "Transmission Planning Engineer"

Current Employee - Transmission Planning Engineer in Waukesha, WI
    Current Employee - Transmission Planning Engineer in Waukesha, WI

I have been working at American Transmission full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Coming from a previous utility sector job ATC maintains the slow and steady utility mantra. This is excellent for career stability and a core job focus. Depending on the particular group retirements have led to a somewhat younger work force which enables skill development and the ability to implement newer ideas. ATC has great oppurtunities to volunteer and offers lots of events for workers to attend.

Cons

More typical utility mindset and approach. Change is slow and incremental with very few shakeups to either policy or goals. Career advancement not based on seniority isn't spectacular unless you can leverage it with a department shift.

Advice to Management

Continue being open to feedback from surveys and implement those changes in more tangible ways.

8. "A Great Place to Work"

I have been working at American Transmission full-time

Pros

ATC is tops among utilities, in nearly every way. Great reputation, great people solving real problems, great pay, great benefits, great office buildings, great environment, great place to live.

Cons

Internal policies regarding performance management tend to shift too often.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great track record. Stand behind your employees, and they won't let you down.

9. "Best Place I have Ever Worked At"

Pros

Stable employment, unique and specialized industry, flexible work scheduling, great pay and benefits, allowed to perform your job function without being micromanaged.

Cons

Limited opportunities for lateral job changes within the company, Wisconsin winters.

10. "Great Community"

I have been working at American Transmission full-time

Pros

Great people, I was immediately made welcome and everyone is very willing to help you learn about the company and what you need to know to be successful in your career.

Cons

I really don't have any that I can articulate at this time, as I have only been with the company for about 10 months.

11. "worst place to work"

Current Employee - Engineer in Pewaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Engineer in Pewaukee, WI

I have been working at American Transmission full-time

Pros

easy working environment, low pressure, can hardly loose a job.

Cons

hard workers do not get appreciated, if you are good at 'socialization', you can become a manager pretty fast. Most people have no goals or aspirations about the work. People spend more time talking/chatting than doing work. Minimum development opportunities.