American Traveler Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.9
Robert L. Bok

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The managers are always willing to help and guide you in the right direction to better your work" (in 5 reviews)

• "It has been a great experience working with them so far" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "No cons that I would confidently state" (in 12 reviews)

• "I have nothing negative to say abou tAmerican Traveler" (in 6 reviews)

"Very Happy!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at American Traveler full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Been with the company for a while now. They treat their staff great! Many perks to the job. Impressed with the hiring process and how they give detailed training with the ability to work along side /team up with seasoned staffers so that you gain knowledge to be successful. Whether your a new grad starting out in the work place or coming in from the corporate world, they take time to give you the tools you need to do well. They do a good job of making the days/weeks fun with added incentives, games, contests. Office is modern, clean and always getting updated equipment. I feel a strong sense of caring for employees and wanting to see all become successful.

Cons

None at this time.

Advice to Management

No advice to give, I'm Happy.

Apr 6, 2018 – Vice President of Recruitment

We are so glad to hear that you and your coworkers appreciate the extra efforts we put into your development and success. The perks and incentives are well deserved! Keep up the good work.

2. "OK"

I have been working at American Traveler full-time

Pros

great training and good pay

Cons

not enough room for growth

Sep 24, 2018 – Vice President of Recruitment

Thank you for your feedback. Please reach out to your supervisor to talk about your career goals, we would love to help you grow.

"Consultant"

I have been working at American Traveler full-time

Pros

If you're outgoing you'll get the job. The 2 nurses are helpful the training is in depth. Working remotely becomes an option with due time. Many employees enjoy this perk.

Cons

Commission structure and goals were changed regularly. At least 20 people have quit or been fired in the past year alone. That is a conservative number. Most chose to leave. It is a revolving door. One new hire even stopped showing up to work with no explanation.

Managers try to bully you into not taking time off even for a doctors appointment. They like to sit at their desk and gossip about clients and employees. We can all hear you fyi. CYA culture is prevalent so document everything. There is much more I can say but you'll see if you accept the offer.

Advice to applicants: RUN and fast. There are OTHER JOBS. If you take this job ask your coworkers how many people started with them then look around. Read every document before signing anything. Ask questions. Again there are other jobs...

It's interesting how when you see a 1 star review several 5 star reviews are written in the next few days...

Advice to Management

Your turnover rate is abysmal. Work on that.

Sep 24, 2018 – Vice President of Recruitment

Our Consultants have an average tenure of 8 years with American Traveler, that is remarkable in a sales and service environment and in the current employment climate. Thank you for noting our... More

4. "Account Management"

I have been working at American Traveler full-time

Pros

AT challenges you to perform at your best and gives a lot of incentives to employees. Most of the employees are friendly and pleasant.

Cons

Just a little far of a drive from my home.

Sep 24, 2018 – Vice President of Recruitment

I hope the long drive is worth the rewards of your career success!

5. "HR"

I worked at American Traveler full-time

Pros

office culture, coffee, free breakfast co workers

Cons

management, nurses, boca, hot in building old

"Consultant, Overall Good Experience"

Former Employee - Consultant in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Consultant in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at American Traveler full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Upbeat environment
    -Multiple Company Events
    -Decent pay for New College Grads (Higher than what most of the jobs of this stature offer)
    -Managers are easy to talk to
    -Given the tools needed to succeed, everything else is on you

Cons

-Slight favoritism (Every company has this)
    -Most employees are New Grads so the environment can be a little unprofessional at times
    - Long hours

Advice to Management

None. People need to realize that this sort of job is all about how much time and energy you put into it.

Sep 24, 2018 – Vice President of Recruitment

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate hearing from you.

"Great Company, Great People!"

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at American Traveler full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Great team; the office is young, fun, and it is a supportive working environment
    -Awesome incentives to work hard, ranging from fun gifts to all expenses paid vacations!
    -Constant opportunities to learn and become a subject matter expert in the industry
    -Promotions are almost always from within the company
    -What you put in, you get out with this role--it can be quite lucrative, especially for a recent graduate
    -Very rewarding, I feel good about the work we do, and ultimately the quality care we are able to provide nationwide

Cons

This is a performance based role, so those who strive to be top performers may feel a bit more stress day to day, but this is also a result of how individuals chose to prioritize and plan their day.

Overall, the perks of being a successful consultant outweigh the negatives that come with any sales focused role.

Advice to Management

Ask for feedback from all employees, from new to senior level.

Apr 6, 2018 – Vice President of Recruitment

Thank you so much for this wonderful review! You are so right that a sales-focused business can be stressful, but while we work hard, we also play hard! Your input, and the feedback from our... More

"Outstanding"

Current Employee - Emergency Department RN in Charleston, WV
    Current Employee - Emergency Department RN in Charleston, WV

I have been working at American Traveler full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great housing provided if you take their housing. Healthcare benefits are amazing. Great Pay. Your recruiter goes above and beyond to ensure you have the best experience in the area your are at.

Cons

none that I can Think of at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep it up

Apr 2, 2018 – Managing Director

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate you taking the time to add your review!

"Amazing People"

Former Employee - Accountant
    Former Employee - Accountant

I worked at American Traveler full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked as a corporate employee for a few years . It was my first major job out of college . I was able to grow so much within the company . I learned and was given opportunities I don't think i would have been given anywhere else . The best part of the company was and still are the people. Everyone has the same goal . To make the traveler's experience wonderful . Every department had their own ways of getting to that goal . The CEO and The VP were wonderful. They always thought of ways to improve and make every process as efficient as possible. The sales team was always willing to work with accounting to accomplish the concurrent goals. The sales team leaders always communicated with accounting to ensure the travelers were happy . The IT Team is exceptional . They had a proactive approach to every thing . They did nit wait for emergencies to happen they thought of solutions before the problems arose . They always were willing ans able to ensure accounting achieved their vision even if it seemed impossible worded in a few companies since leaving American Traveler , and I can honestly say the IT systems Administrator is a magician . He could fix and retrieve anything . Ther wasn't a single issue that he did not fix , Every issue that came up , he had s effective solution for. He didn't just push your problems to the side he handled everyone questions all day long . Anything that was needed he was always there with a smile on his face . I Can not say enough good things about this CEO . He gave me the opportunity to learn my craft. If you would like to really grow within a company and feel like you are part of something greater this is the place for you.

Cons

The only con is it and becomes a family and very hard to say Goodbye.

Advice to Management

Keep Rocking!!

"HORRIBLE- STAY AWAY-"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at American Traveler full-time (More than a year)

Pros

ONLY PRO IS LEAVING!!! RUN!!!

Cons

They hire you with false pretenses and only have positions for sales- so it's great if you want to be in sales right? NO!! RUN!!! COLLEGE KIDS RUN!!!!! They loop college kids in and this is NOT what the real world is like!!!! You're on Salary from 9-6 but they make you stay late, come in early and work through lunch like it is a requirement! NEWS FLASH: ILLEGAL!!! Management is a disaster. All fake teams; everyone talks bad about everyone. It's DRAMA! Horrible work environment. Rude people. BIG BROTHER X A MILLION!!!!!!! They make everyone feel like they don't work hard enough. Sell a nurse....? NOT GOOD ENOUGH! They make you convince nurses into places they HATE, then you're stuck dealing with an unhappy nurse that walks off the job!!!!!! WORST MANAGEMENT, WORST JOB EVER. I'm at another sales job run PROPERLY and what a nice change!!!!!!!

ONCE MANAGEMENT SEES THIS REVIEW- THEY WILL HOLD A MEETING & TELL ALL THE MANAGERS TO MAKE FAKE REVIEWS & THEN PAY TO REMOVE THIS BAD ONE! TALK ABOUT ILLEGAL!!!

Advice to Management

YOU'RE DOING EVERYTHING WRONG! & YOU KNOW IT!!!!!!!!!!

Apr 2, 2018 – Vice President of Recruitment

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Our corporate staff is very important to our management, our hospital clients and to our Travelers. We are proud of how... More