American Traveler Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.5
Robert L. Bok

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • It has been a great experience working with them so far (in 7 reviews)

• American Traveler has a great group of mentors for their internship program that are always willing to help and teach us something new (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • I have nothing negative to say abou tAmerican Traveler (in 5 reviews)

• No cons working at AT at this time (in 8 reviews)

1. "Positive Working Environment"

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at American Traveler full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1. Quiet Atmosphere - When you have a lot of work to get done, having a quiet atmosphere is a must. This is a strong point for the Accounting department.
    2. Work Related Obstacles - Whether this being an issue, a mistake, or simply a new project, the management team is always there to give positive guidance on how to move past it. In my experience this has always led to a desired outcome.
    3. Necessary Accounting Skills - I came to this job with little to no accounting experience. I have learned so much working here and the skills I have acquired now allow me to be a much more efficient and productive employee.

Cons

1. Cold Office - Every so often the office tends to get very cold. This may not be a con to some people but for me I get cold very easily. This is usually solved with a jacket!

2. "Good experience"

I worked at American Traveler part-time

Pros

Allows Ambassadors to build own schedule and plans.

Cons

When I was there, direct contact had poor communication and unclear timelines.

3. "so loving my job"

Current Employee - Current Employee in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Current Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at American Traveler full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very friendly and helpful co workers. very professional, with room for advancement

Cons

I have nothing negative to say abou tAmerican Traveler

Advice to Management

Keep up the Great work

"An exemplary organization!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at American Traveler full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

When you love your job and the people you work with, you are excited to come to work everyday and that is the environment American Traveler cultivates. You are challenged and supported, you have the independence and autonomy to run your own business, and you are given executive level decision making opportunities each and every day. The corporate staff around you is professional and you can always turn to a manager or coworker for help or to celebrate in your victories. They also know how to make things fun! We have contests, happy hours, corporate luncheons, food every week, games, the list goes on and on. They recognize employees efforts at quarterly meetings and make you feel like a valued member of the team. Compared to other sales environments, AT really encourages sales employees supporting each other and working together as a team to accomplish their goals in a fun, competitive way.

Cons

None that I can offer at this time.

Advice to Management

Management truly cares about the well-being of their employees and they push us to be the best we can be. They share in our success or offer solutions when issues arise. The weekly reports are a great way to help us manage our business and provide feedback.

"Kudos for sending nurses to flood areas in Texas!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at American Traveler full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have always been proud to work for American Traveler, now even moreso with the efforts we're making to get nurses to flood areas in Texas. From the perspective of an employee of over 7 years I understand the importance of productivity in a sales business. Yet management works hard to create an upbeat and engaging atmosphere. They continually train, encourage and support staff. We work hard, but we play hard as well with regular events, contests, offsite happy hours, and quarterly meetings. This translates directly to the Traveler experience by the level of service we provide.

Cons

Having to decide which of the 8 flavors of free brewed coffee offerred here every day.

Advice to Management

I have always been impressed by the level of ethics and professionalism with internal staff and our travelers.

"Has been a great learning experience."

I have been working at American Traveler full-time

Pros

AT is well structured highly competitive and steadily growing company. Our success is achieved through the efforts of self motivated employees who work with our management team. The support from management coupled with employees who are driven by success create a cohesive work environment. The fast pace and a comfortable office setting has resulted in happy and successful employees.

Cons

It is fast paced and competitive - can be stressful - not for the weak but well worth the effort. Overall a great place to work!

"Best Decision I Ever Made"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at American Traveler full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The corporate culture is awesome! I absolutely love the people and the environment. They have a great team; management takes time to help and invest in you. They are always looking for ways to improve systems and procedures to make the work flow smoother. Every job has its stresses but they have your back, someone is always willing to assist or step in to help in any way. Employee perks are fantastic; weekly contests and/or treats to energize you and make it fun. Corporate meetings with giveaways like trips, gift cards and other prizes. Having worked for other companies before coming here, this is the best decision I have made.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

None

"Great work environment"

Former Employee - Consultant in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Consultant in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at American Traveler full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had a great experience working at American Traveler. The culture is upbeat and it is a very team-oriented environment.

Cons

No cons working at AT at this time!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Don’t be mislead"

Pros

There are some really nice people working there. I really liked the CEOs wife she was a big part of why I wanted to take the job. The traveling reps were helpful and welcoming. The meetings and anytime they served food was a nice perk Too.

Cons

There is no opportunity for any upward mobility. They entice you with “Business Development” and then put you through the ringer trying to make it as a recruiter first being micro managed and never fully told how you make money or how you get the job you really wanted. And they lie to recruit you having others say “you run your own business” but there’s so many limitations it’s impossible. The two managers are helpful but it’s a shame they just take orders. One person runs the entire place her mood dictates the day I found it odd when people would ask how “she was” and didn’t ask for vacation or were scared to do anything if “she” was in a bad mood and if she doesn’t like you bye bye you get no chance. The CEO came around with high fives now and again but then the big door closes and everyone panics... its a negative place Happy now I “didn’t make it”.

Advice to Management

Care more about the happiness of all your employees making it a place people do want to work instead of caring so much about the fake appearance of your company. Don’t lie or hide the truth -the advertisement of this company/job was misleading.

"Very Happy with my career at American Traveler"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at American Traveler full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I am challenged, motivated and rewarded. I know what is expected of me and I want to excel because everyone around me does too and it matters to our clients.

Cons

Nothing at this time it is a great company we all strive to work hard and the company appreciates that.

Advice to Management

Nothing at this time