American Traveler Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.4
Robert L. Bok

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • American Traveler has truly made travel nursing fun and easy (in 8 reviews)

• It has been a great experience working with them so far (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • No cons that I can think of really (in 7 reviews)

• So far I have nothing negative to say about American Traveler (in 4 reviews)

1. "Very Happy with my career at American Traveler"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at American Traveler full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I am challenged, motivated and rewarded. I know what is expected of me and I want to excel because everyone around me does too and it matters to our clients.

Cons

Nothing at this time it is a great company we all strive to work hard and the company appreciates that.

Advice to Management

Nothing at this time

2. "Supply temporary housing for traveling nurses for 3-month durations."

Former Employee - Housing Coordinator in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Housing Coordinator in Boca Raton, FL

Pros

The company tries to remain fun with lunches and group trips for those who win based on group merit. They also offer internship programs for college students.

Cons

Deadlines were hard to reach without assistance from manager which was few and far between. Parking was always cut throat. Pay was not great. Majority of employees had a bad attitude. Management cared more for their sales employees than any of their administrators.

Advice to Management

Help your coordinators complete their tasks instead of disappear for 2 hours at a time to chat with other departments.

3. "Consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at American Traveler (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been working with ATS for more the 6 years and love the environment. My direct management team is always available including upper level management as well. The overall feel is that they really care about their employees with continued fringe benefits it keeps a smile on your face!

Cons

Nothing at this current time

"We love AT!!!"

Current Employee - Registered Respiratory Therapist in Greenville, NC
    Current Employee - Registered Respiratory Therapist in Greenville, NC

I have been working at American Traveler full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast, responsive, always looking out for employees, dedicated...Erika Brenner has been awesome during our time with AT!!! She is always available, no matter the time or day....she's always a phone call away!!! She works her butt off to make sure she takes care of us and it shows with EVERY assignment! Nance, the housing supervisor is always fast and easy to deal with. She goes above and beyond to meet our expectations!! We love AT!!!

Cons

None that I can think of!!!

Advice to Management

Payroll department was shaky at best when we first started!! It has become much better!!! Erika Brenner is an all-star and employees like her are your best retention asset!!! She's simply fabulous!!

"Ok company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at American Traveler (More than 8 years)

Pros

At first had a lot of company functions and contests. Most of the employees were friendly and easy to work with. Not a lot of overtime.

Cons

Lots of favoritism in all departments. Once you fall out of favor, you are out the door. Some unqualified people in senior management.

6. "Great Place to Work!"

I have been working at American Traveler full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Wonderful company that is extremely supportive of it's employee's and also provides unlimited resources that allows the Consultant to excel in their jobs.

Cons

No complaints! Terrific place to work!

Advice to Management

None - I would highly recommend this company!

7. "Motivating place to work"

Current Employee - Consultant in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at American Traveler full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. The employees are smart, supportive, and energetic people who all share a common goal. I am always happy to go into the office and see my co-workers.
    2. As a consultant you are able to work independently and have the option to work remote if you prove yourself.
    3. You learn a lot and are always challenged.

Cons

Some days can be stressful due to factors out of your control.

Advice to Management

A flex schedule would be nice.

8. "The worst of the worst"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at American Traveler full-time (More than a year)

Pros

What can I not say about this place....first of all, online job descriptions are not accurate. You apply for one thing (like "HR Recruiter" which really doesn't exist here) and you get thrown into Consulting (aka recruiting nurses). It's an absolute joke and I can't believe how they use false ads to get nursing recruiters/consultants. They treat you like crap and the harder you work, the more they take advantage of you. The VP is an absolute terror to work with. Future employee, beware.

The only good reviews on here are from nurses (who obviously don't deal with the corporate bs or fake reviews that must be incentivized because EVERYONE always talked about how afraid they were of getting fired or how much they hated the place). If you don't start producing in 2 months, you get fired. The worst job environment I have ever worked in. Run as fast and as far as you can!

Cons

Terrible pay, VP is constantly up your behind to produce more numbers, Poor morale/hostile environment, False job advertisements, no human resources department to deal with employee issues, constant turnover and "new classes" every 2 months to bring in new victims to take the place of those who couldn't produce, I could go on...

Advice to Management

Be transparent and upfront about the job and expectations.

9. "Great Job, Individualistic While Team-Oriented"

Current Employee - Healthcare Recruiter in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Healthcare Recruiter in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at American Traveler full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Weekly meetings, the freedom to run your own branch of the business on your desk, getting to speak with different RNs and CSTs of all different backgrounds and learning about all the skills their specialties entail, contests within departments sometimes to push productivity levels and engage employees even more, and a family-feel to the company where you can talk to co-workers or management about anything going on work-related or personal.

Cons

Work-Life Balance is a little trying for me where it's a sales position technically and you are expected to work harder and longer every week in order to meet goals and deadlines. 9am-6pm plus.

Advice to Management

Keep being awesome!

10. "Steady and Stable"

Current Employee - Compliance in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Compliance in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at American Traveler full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company looks for opportunities to help employees to grow and develop in their chosen career fields and will help employees develop strengths that will benefit both the employee and the company. In five years, I went from an entry level employee to managing a department.

Cons

My long commute is a con.

Advice to Management

Continue working on 'team building' for the company.