KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

American Traveler Reviews

Updated Apr 20, 2021

Found 122 of over 184 reviews

4.2
American Traveler CEO Robert L. Bok (no image)
Robert L. Bok
Pros
  • "I was new to travel nursing when I started and Michelle talked me though all the steps to becoming a traveler(in 12 reviews)

• "Management is always available for support when needed, but not overbearing(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I do not have anything negative to say about this company(in 6 reviews)

• "Unaffordable health insurance, with high deductibles(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

American Traveler is a great company to work for!

Feb 11, 2021 - Traveler
      Business Outlook

Pros

. Pay was always on time, if there was any issues it was taken care of. My recruiter My Consultant, Kristian Zandee, checked on me frequently and was available if I had questions. American Traveler works for you and anything is possible with this agency. Great team. Thank you for all you do”

Cons

I thought there was a lot of compliance stuff to get together, more than a typical job, but my compliance rep helped me to get all the paperwork in and on time.

2. 4.0
      Current Employee

Positive

Apr 20, 2021 - Onboarding
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good entry level job, good team

Cons

Low pay not much room for growth

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Consultant

Mar 4, 2021 - Consultant in Boca Raton, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

there is high turnover, if you do not want this to be you make a lot of calls, more than the "goal". most coworkers are super nice! In general pleasant work environment.

Cons

cons here like any other job. Annoying days etc.

4. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great Company

Feb 4, 2021 - Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company had an excellent training program with a lot supportive staff members

Cons

You have to make a lot of cold calls in the beginning to build your pipeline

5. 3.0
      Former Employee

Ok - but don’t fully value employees

Jan 21, 2021 - Account Coordinator in Boca Raton, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people I worked with were very nice.

Cons

Not enough financial compensation. Hard work was not really valued, certain positions such as recruiters were protected from any scrutiny.

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Useful Experience

Nov 8, 2020 - Recruiter in Boca Raton, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free snacks, nice office, a lot of autonomy

Cons

After first year, poor commission structure, poor training, can't keep recruiters

7. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good company

Oct 26, 2020 - Payroll Specialist in Boca Raton, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Caring managers, good benefits, and very flexible during Covid.

Cons

Not much growth available, unless you're in consulting/recruiting.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

I always brag about ATS

Aug 27, 2020 - Consultant in Boca Raton, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Has Five Star Customer Service

Cons

Its a self disciplined Job

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Career Move!

Aug 27, 2020 - Consultant in Boca Raton, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Not a normal sales environment. You create a bond with not only your co-workers but your personal clients as well. Everyone is willing to help each other overcome obstacles and support your personal wins at the job. Management has went over and beyond pre-pandemic but especially during. They made it priority we were setup comfortably to work from home before quarantine was mandated. With immense pressure in the industry especially during Covid, the VP and CEO personally reaches out to ask how we are doing and what can be done to make us more successful. I have been with the company for sometime and shortly after was offered opportunity to grow. This immediately became an unexpected career move and a big reason was opportunity to make more money year after year and my work environment/culture.

Cons

This job isn’t for you if you aren’t self-sufficient or can’t overcome obstacles. After training you essentially run your desk autonomously and if you lack structure, this might not be the job for you. This job is very lucrative if you are willing to put in the work and grow your business. It’s sales.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company To Work For

Aug 26, 2020 - Recruiter in Boca Raton, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

AT has been very accommodating to me both personally and professionally. They truly care about their employees, their well-being & their professional growth and this was all prior to the pandemic. Management has stepped it up that much more in height of the crisis to ensure their employees were not only safe and taking care of themselves during this time but were also equipped to perform their jobs successfully while working remote. The company culture has become that much closer as we're all working together to be as successful as we can despite the circumstances.

Cons

Not a con but a declaration: Self- motivation is a HUGE role in this job. Management will assist you as much as they can but if you're not self- motivated you will not be successful.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 122 Reviews