Cover image for American Traveler

68% Recommend to a Friend
95% Approve of CEO

Found 131 of over 196 reviews

4.0
American Traveler CEO Robert L. Bok (no image)
Robert L. Bok

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

Review

Jan 7, 2023 - Sales Associated in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everything is great love it

Cons

None is bad no issues

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Personal Experience

Dec 19, 2022 - Payroll Specialist in Boca Raton, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Your team will become your best friends

Cons

You have to work holidays

3. Join the American Traveler team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good resume builder

Sep 29, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

This company hires people with no experience so it helps to build your resume. It’s a great starting company if you are trying to get in to the healthcare staffing field

Cons

Hugh turnover rate, they are constantly understaffed so you are always doing two jobs at once for the salary of a very low paying starting wage. Lots of micromanaging as well. It makes you feel like you are just a number and very little room to grow within the company

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great for self-sufficient, hard workers

Jul 22, 2022 - Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

Uncapped commission Supportive team Work Remote No micromanagement Excitement of sales Excellent work-life balance

Cons

Ebbs and flows of sales cycles This is not an “easy work from home” job, you do have to put in the effort to see the benefits Lots of calls at the beginning

1 person found this review helpful
  6. 5.0

Great place to work!

Aug 2, 2022 - Onboarding Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

I really like the job very easy and flexible.

Cons

Set hours from 9-6, No overtime available.

7. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

It is a good starting job

Jun 20, 2022 - Recruiter in Boca Raton, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

They have Flexible hours and some of the management is really caring about their employees

Cons

Pay is not great and the staff can be very rude including a few members of the management team. They are short staffed and have alot of turn over.

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great

Mar 6, 2022 - Registered Nurse in Jacksonville, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Loved my recruiter. She was great.

Cons

Late paychecks were concerning. Bad payroll.

9. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to learn but not for a career

Mar 24, 2022 - Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent training & good location

Cons

The management is not great. They are respectable in terms of always ensuring goals are not just met but exceeded but also create an incredibly toxic work environment.

3 people found this review helpful
  10. 2.0

For Hard Workers

May 8, 2022 - Account Coordinator in Boca Raton, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great teamwork - we all help each other

Cons

Low pay, lots of work, People can be rude

11. 5.0
    Current Employee

Amazing Company to Work For!

Aug 26, 2020 - Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

I am truly blown away by American Traveler's response through the pandemic. For us corporate employees, we quickly transitioned to a remote company without missing a beat in meeting our business needs, our camaraderie & teamwork, and most importantly, our customer service to our Healthcare Heroes. When transitioning to remote work, the company worked around the clock to make sure we had the proper support and full access to work remotely successfully without any technical glitches. When the demand for our services in providing healthcare professionals to our hospitals increased tremendously due to COVID, every department kicked into high gear and supported the hospital clients and healthcare professionals night and day, putting in extra time to ensure our clients felt supported and appreciated because we truly care, which I believe defines the culture of American Traveler. I am proud to be a member of this hard-working team who not only provides amazing service to our Healthcare Heroes, but who also supports fellow co-workers through their daily challenges and celebrates in their successes.

Cons

Challenges beyond my control that create frustration where I cannot directly alter the outcome can weigh heavy on me, sometimes outside of normal work hours. I am one to take a lot of pride in my work and carry it with me, and in a sales job like this one, the stress of the highs and lows can certainly be challenging.

2 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 131 Reviews
</>Embed

American Traveler Reviews FAQs

American Traveler has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 196 reviews left anonymously by employees. 68% of employees would recommend working at American Traveler to a friend and 71% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, American Traveler employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at American Traveler. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

68% of American Traveler employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated American Traveler 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at American Traveler to be culture, management, career development and the cons to be benefits .

Popular Careers with American Traveler Job Seekers