American Valet Reviews | Glassdoor

Mike Pendergraft

1. "Veteran Valet"

Current Employee - Valet in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Valet in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at American Valet part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Easy job and the possibility of earning good tips.

Cons

Only one good account in Tucson.

2. "Discrimination and Racism"

Current Employee - Assistant Account Manager in Glendale, AZ
    Current Employee - Assistant Account Manager in Glendale, AZ

I have been working at American Valet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I get to relax at an easy account as an assistant manager and talk on my bluetooth. Tips are okay but not as good as Uber.

Cons

The people I work with don't do their job and have a problem with me being black.

Advice to Management

Stop violating my rights.

3. "Valet"

Current Employee - Lead Valet in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Lead Valet in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at American Valet (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice people, great cars, fun coworkers

Cons

The office is full of people who only care about themselves. They have no ability to schedule properly and do not take into account where you live, or how long it will take you to get to the private party.

Advice to Management

Take a better look at the bimbos you hire in the office and make sure they can do their job properly

5. "Valet Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Pros

Easy job driving pretty nice cars typically. Going home with cash every night was nice. Freedom to make your own decisions on how to handle situations with in reason.

Cons

Pay was very inconsistent. I was given management responsibility of my location and yet received no extra pay. No hourly when I worked there so if no one wanted to use valet I basically volunteered for 4-6 hours. My manager was nice, but a push over and very cheap. Coworkers were lazy and wouldn't let anyone know they weren't going to work their shift until hours after it's started. My manager said he had guys that were living comfortably on the wages they made valeting, but my 6 hour + nights only averaged $30-$40

Advice to Management

Do a better job finding good employees and locations that will compensate them. If employees are averaging less than minimum wage in tips and commission combined for a location start paying hourly. Don't wait two months to do something about pay, good employees will look for another job while bad employees will just steal from you.

6. "Valet park car's"

Current Employee - Valet Parking in Glendale, AZ
    Current Employee - Valet Parking in Glendale, AZ

I have been working at American Valet part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Get to drives you dream of or seen on TV.

Cons

It's a young kid job lots of running and very low pay. Tips sucks depending what account you are.

"Never Again"

Former Employee - Valet in Glendale, AZ
    Former Employee - Valet in Glendale, AZ

I worked at American Valet (Less than a year)

Pros

There are only two pros to this job. You're able to meet a lot of awesome people as well as jobs a lot of nice vehicles.

Cons

To many to list. You can get fired for anything and everything. Managers threatened unlawful searches of personal belongings such as, pockets, purses and wallets.
    During training and work, managers insisted that everyone claim $3.00 in tips. This was to circumnavigate wages so the company wouldn't have to pay minimum wage if you didn't make enough. Tips were put into a big pot and split after 24 hours. (Unsure how much managers kept for themselves)

Advice to Management

Take care of your people, embrace integrity, service, and excellence. Do not lie to employees or make unlawful threats.

8. "Fun with the right people with room to grow"

Former Employee - Valet in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Valet in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at American Valet part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Worked with many different kinds of people, including many managers, which leads to a fun and varied work environment. Working in private parties allowed me to travel to a lot of different properties and I never got bored. Pay was good for the most part, but since valet is a service, good pay is not a guarantee. Oh and you get to drive cool cars from time to time.

Cons

Running. Lots of running so be sure to have good shoes and replace shoes as needed. And working at certain locations can suck, like a massive mountain of a hill to run back up once you have parked the car at the bottom.

Advice to Management

Continue to be personable with your employees and finding account managers from within that have been there and done that. They will continue to be a resource for your employees.

9. "Valet"

Former Employee - Valet in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Valet in Austin, TX

I worked at American Valet (Less than a year)

Pros

You are able to make your own hours and choose where you want to work as long as you put in the effort. Fast paced environment. You have to know how to drive a manual car.

Cons

Management didn't run smoothly. People were hired that didn't know how to drive a manual and that slowed down the process.

10. "Disappointed job"

Former Employee - Greeter in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Greeter in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at American Valet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you talk to the company you could pick where to be located at

Cons

It felt like the company was disorganized. Did not like the way they ran things.

Advice to Management

Management do your work

11. "Good Money"

Former Employee - Valet in Marana, AZ
    Former Employee - Valet in Marana, AZ

Pros

Great crew with easy to get to know staff. Was exciting to brush shoulders and shake hands with celebrities. Money was good as long as you had a hard working crew.

Cons

Corporate pretends to care with incentives but not benefits, no paid time off, no short or long term disability. Took away equipment to stock other accounts. Some co-workers stole tips from the pool.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the crew's.