Americans for Prosperity Foundation Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 14, 2016

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "Consultant - Marketing"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Arlington, VA
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Arlington, VA

I worked at Americans for Prosperity Foundation as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

The projects were interesting, the management encouraged freedom for input from the consultants w/out micromanaging. Appreciated good work and rewarded in kind but maintained a competitive air so you'd stay on your toes.

Cons

there was a decent amount of non-marketing bureaucracy that appeared to create delays

2. "Terrible. Absolutely Terrible."

I worked at Americans for Prosperity Foundation full-time

Pros

Salary & benefits. Political connections, under the table partisan work.

Cons

They don't care about their employees. I recently learned that they laid off an entire job title across the country with no warning. If you want a career, don't go with AFP/F.

Advice to Management

Realize that the hard work of influencing public policy is done in the field, not in DC. Treat your people better.

3. "Great place to make a real difference for free-market values"

Former Employee - Grassroots DIrector in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Grassroots DIrector in Nashville, TN

I worked at Americans for Prosperity Foundation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

AFP is doing the most in the best way to advance free-market principles, with a holistic approach to improving the wellbeing of every individual in society.

Cons

Work-life balance struggles because the entire organizations views what they do every day as something far bigger than a job. Not a bad thing, but be prepared to be immersed in your work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, but a little more stability would go a long way.

5. "Field Director"

Former Employee - Field Director in Westminster, CO
    Former Employee - Field Director in Westminster, CO

I worked at Americans for Prosperity Foundation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great leadership. Clear Goals. Great support. Ability to think outside the box and implement new ideas. Fun environment. Advocate for change on a daily basis. Ever changing priorities. Fulfillment in personal and professional life are clear goals.

Cons

It is sometimes difficult to fill your team based on the location that you are based. Ever changing priorities.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Keep people informed and never give up on the good fight. Communication and support are key to a field team's success.

6. "Business Office Manager"

Current Employee - Business Office Manager in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Business Office Manager in Newark, NJ

I have been working at Americans for Prosperity Foundation part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work hours
    Excellent Learning Experience

Cons

no benefits and not full time work
    not full time

7. "A Strongly United Organization With Great Values"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Americans for Prosperity Foundation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people I work with are some of the most amiable, intelligent, and kind hearted people with a similar mission - to advance freedom.

Cons

Sometimes there seems to be a political environment of who "values freedom the most." This is a great thing to strive for, but celebrate each position's achievements instead of being competative.

Advice to Management

Keep being open to feedback, and continue to give it to those who work under you. I have no complaints about my supervisor.

8. "Great"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Americans for Prosperity Foundation as an intern

Pros

Excellent culture and work environment, team members ready to help you if needed

Cons

None that I can really think of, perhaps have less choices of beverages because I might get diabetes haha

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, a great job.

9. "Intern"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Arlington, VA
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Arlington, VA

I worked at Americans for Prosperity Foundation as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

All of the staff at AFP share a passion for the company's mission, which creates a great culture. Plus all of the departments are happy to include interns, so you can try out many different duties. They offer a ton of networking opportunities within the network too.

Cons

I have no idea how you can move up, unless a spot luckily becomes available. I do hear about them creating positions for interns, but their advancement into higher positions is unknown to me!

Advice to Management

Maybe they could create a more structured growth plan for current employees to advance.

10. "Great team, some confusion."

Former Employee - Field Associate in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Field Associate in Raleigh, NC

Pros

Had a lot good days with AFPF. Really got to use and grow my network to initiate a change. And for a part time job with little requirements the pay was good. Promotes from within.

Cons

Lots of last minute decisions so it was hard to plan ahead what weekends I would and wouldn't have off. Forced into a few trainings that did not correlate with my job; they were all things my boss did and told us not to do.

11. "Work here and make a real difference"

Pros

If you care about advancing a better society through less government and greater economic freedom, this is a great place to work. You will work hard, sometimes long hours, but you will be making a real difference in the fights to change American culture and policy for the better. AFP is

Cons

Long hours and a tendency to let work crowd out other, important elements in a healthy, balanced life. It can be done, but it takes extra effort at AFP.

Advice to Management

Balance the customer service guiding principle with the guiding principles of value creation and knowledge. Employees should know that they are expected to advance the mission through customer service with their unique knowledge of the best processes, not merely "get to yes".