Cover image for Americor

Finance

2m

a

Commercial Customer Service Representative

What’s the best way to have a lack of compensation and incentive conversation in your department? I went above and beyond for years doing extra work, organizations etc and nothing has been reflected in pay. I thought my 5 year was going to finally show something but it did not. I’ve inquired about pay but it’s gotten nowhere.

12 Comments

Finance

141.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Americor~1300257
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Americor? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Americor employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great management and very profesional(in 19 reviews)
  • "Americor's work culture is great!(in 17 reviews)
  • "Great for people who like constant low debt/ unqualified inbounds and cold calling for 6(in 16 reviews)
  • "Everyone is willing to take time to help each other out.(in 9 reviews)
  • "From the day that I started till today, we have training which is great.(in 9 reviews)
Cons
  • "The company is trying to relocate most of its operations to Idaho to try to stay afloat from what I heard from another manager.(in 8 reviews)
  • "Low pay(in 7 reviews)
  • "Long hours are necessary if you want to make $$$$$(in 7 reviews)
  • "Long hours and leads are not always so great(in 5 reviews)
  • "But it’s worth it cause I love my job and make great money(in 4 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Americor and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Amazing Company

Jan 31, 2023 - Client Service Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunity for growth is endless. Leadership is amazing and are eager to help you grow.

Cons

Nothing to say it's good company

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A place where your work becomes your family

Jan 31, 2023 - Senior Debt Consultant in Irvine, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have spent almost 2 years working for Americor and have enjoyed the people and the process of helping others the entire time I have been here. We really do change lives including my own and it's been a blessing to find a home with a company that cares and it's evident every day.

Cons

Some turnover, but most of that is based on employees lack of follow through or loyalty as well as commission structure changes. It's hard to see so much time spent helping others get better at there job just to see them walk out the door.

3. Join the Americor team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

i love Americor

Jan 30, 2023 - Debt Consultant in Irvine, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love my Americor family! Over the past 3 years I have found my home because of the culture, growth potential and amazing leadership who truly care about helping you set and achieve goals in your career.

Cons

must have good work ethic...( not really a con)

5. 5.0

Great Opportunity at a Growing Field

Jan 13, 2023 - Community Outreach Coordinator in Irvine, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Opportunity to grow. - Management trusts you. - Free Lunches once in a while

Cons

Some days can definitely be more stressful than others due to the nature of clients.

6. 5.0

Awesome Company With Intelligent Leadership

Jan 13, 2023 - Marketing in Irvine, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

very happy at this company. they pay me well, treat me well. growing super fast so there's always exciting projects to work on, and they empower you to own your projects and give you the tools to execute. great training team so your never left without guidance. the leadership consists of powerhouse executives that have years of experience leading major companies. they're always doing things for their employees, like holiday parties, swag, taco tuesday, snacks, outings. it's a fun, enjoyable and fulfilling place to work out.

Cons

don't really have any cons. i like what i do, who i work for, and i believe in the mission of the company helping real families out of debt

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Americor's work culture is great!

Jan 13, 2023 - Marketing in Irvine, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Americor's work culture is great! The leadership team is very helpful and supportive. Everyone is always willing to help and see you succeed.

Cons

No cons for me :)

8. 5.0
    Former Employee

Corporate Sales Environment

Jan 12, 2023 - Sales Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

A lot of money to be made and great training program to get you to where you need to be to hit your goals.

Cons

They expect many extra hours. If you show up on time and leave on time, it's not good enough to make it. It is kinda an unspoken rule that you need to work 12 hours/day to be respected. Especially in the beginning. But if you have that kind of time/hustle it is a good place to be.

9. 2.0
    Current Employee

Not for top talent/top producers

Jan 25, 2023 - Client Advocate
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Training - Upbeat culture - Technology is good - Bountiful resources to master the sale - Can be rewarding if you believe in the product and feel like you're helping those who really have no other solution but to settle their debt - Quite a few lead sources and the phone rings off the hook

Cons

- The pay isn't that great when you do the math considering the absolute grind that it is - It's unfortunate, but it feels like a sweatshop due to the constant pressure to work overtime. Taking an hour lunch is not respected, 30min works best for them. Frankly, the OT is needed every single day if you want to make decent commissions - I guess it is "micromanagement" but it's really just the hounding the managers are compelled to do in order for people to hit numbers - It is a good product for people who are basically desperate... If you're good at sales, you will likely persuade a lot of people into taking this route that should probably find another solution before resorting to this. - It's a transactional sale/churn and burn - not sustainable long term due to burnout

1 person found this review helpful
  10. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Negotiations

Jan 8, 2023 - Negotiator in Irvine, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fast paced, fun, work from Home

Cons

None, I really like what I do.

11. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Meh

Jan 19, 2023 - Client Advocate in Irvine, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great location, good pay, upbeat work environment, great culture, amenities, snacks, etc

Cons

Way too much micromanaging that I can't even pinpoint on the sales managers because they're just trying to please the higher ups. They will also hound you over and over again to stay late, come in early, etc. even though it's not required. They'll make you feel bad to eventually say yes to their requests. With this, work/life balance can be tough at times.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 250 Reviews
</>Embed

Americor Reviews FAQs

Americor has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 251 reviews left anonymously by employees. 64% of employees would recommend working at Americor to a friend and 58% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Americor employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Americor. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

64% of Americor employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Americor 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Americor to be culture, management, career development and the cons to be benefits, work life balance, compensation.

Popular Careers with Americor Job Seekers