Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance Inside Sales Associate Reviews | Glassdoor

Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance Inside Sales Associate Reviews

Updated Mar 24, 2019

3.9
Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance President Kenneth J Ciak (no image)
Kenneth J Ciak
  1. "Good Company"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Associate in Green Bay, WI

I have been working at Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance part-time for less than a year

Pros

Inbound call center, so you never have to cold call Company promotes within Opportunity to train and learn to sell auto, home, and umbrella policies quickly

Cons

You are on the phone all day, which can be exhausting

Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance2019-03-25

"Not bad, but drains your soul"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Associate in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

I liked that I didn't have to take my work home with me. I knew that when I left work it would not follow me home. There were some great people in this office, but that can be said for many companies. When I first started the commission was highly competitive, but more on that later in the con section. Base salary was nice and I got small raises throughout my time there to reflect my performance.

Cons

Hours are a complete toss up. You have to "earn" your hours based on performance against other reps and sometimes you can get stuck with a terrible 1pm-midnight shift and there's nothing you can do about it. It is very difficult to get PTO unless you give them TONS of warning and the attendance guidelines here make it nearly impossible to get sick or have a flat tire without being put on a warning. Management breaths down your neck and managers from the home office in WI are out to get good sales people in this office. The company lost a ton of money in 2014 and 2015 so they put in new guidelines that make it nearly impossible to sell policies to customers and make the whole process of buying a policy old fashioned and difficult. My paycheck was whittled down to almost nothing after all of their changes.

Advice to Management

Treat your salespeople like PEOPLE. Remember that we are the ones bringing you customers and we are not your enemy!

Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance2016-01-21