Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance "great benefits" Reviews | Glassdoor

Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance Reviews

Updated Jul 19, 2019

3.5
Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance President Kenneth J Ciak (no image)
Kenneth J Ciak
  1. "Great company to work for"

I have been working at Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Benefits, 401k, pension, advancement opportunities, solid ethical company, decent compensation and very diverse. This company believes in giving back to the community.

Cons

Technology seems to be where this company struggles the most. We are just beginning to have a fully integrated online experience this year.

Advice to Management

Introduce yourselves to the new hires. The company is located in Green Bay, but most of the hiring will be done in Las Vegas. It would be helpful to have Ken and company come to Las Vegas more often.

Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance2013-09-22
  2. "Love my career, love my company!"

in De Pere, WI

I have been working at Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance

Pros

Great benefits package! Great people to work with. Very casual, yet professional work environment. Many development opportunities. Fredom to do the job the way it needs to be done to deliver superior client service.

Cons

As with any growing company change is a constant. Individuals who are flexible and can effectively handle that element will do well here.

Advice to Management

Ensure communication to employees stays relevant and communicate frequently to ensure all employees understand how they can impact the bottom line every day.

Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance2011-09-27
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "Ameriprise is a great place to work!"

Actuarial Analyst in Green Bay, WI

I have been working at Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance

Pros

Leadership is great and the teamwork across the departments is fantastic. People are treated respectfully and fairly. Great benefits and great co-workers.

Cons

Not much room for growth or advancement.

Advice to Management

You're doing a great job, keep it up!

Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance2010-02-24

"Great place to work."

Actuarial Analyst in De Pere, WI

I have been working at Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance

Pros

They are very flexible about hours and time off. The benefits are great, lots of vacation time and you can also purchase an extra week. Once you've been there 5 years, you get 5 weeks of PTO which you can take in as small as half day increments. They are flexible about time off in most areas of the company. Phone centers are stricter just because they have to have adequate coverage. Leaders are great at communicating issues and truly listen to employees concerns. The do a company survey every year in the fall and really read employees feedback. If there is a particular issue, it is always addressed with the senior leaders and things do change for the better.

Cons

Pay is on the low side because of where we are located. Very small raises -typically 2% per year which is nothing. We only get 6 holidays a year which no longer includes the day after Thanksgiving. We are open on Christmas eve too which is difficult for people with out of town relatives. We also only get 3 sick days per year which is truly not enough. They do roll to the next year if you don't use them but it's still not much.

Advice to Management

Watch the pay scales but everything else is working well.

Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance2009-03-22