Ameris Bank Teller Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 6, 2019

Found 5 reviews

2.4
Dennis J. Zember, Jr.
  1. "Loved the environment"

Former Employee - Bank Teller

I worked at Ameris Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

I loved be able to work with people in my community. It was great to get out with community events as well! I really enjoyed the team I worked with. I loved the hours worked and not having to work weekends.

Cons

I had high goals with primarily working the commerical drive through lane. Not much opportunity to meet sales goals.

Ameris Bank2019-06-01

"Lacking reliable communication and salary"

Current Employee - Teller III in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ameris Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

Your immediate team often acts as a second family

Cons

Too many mergers and acquisitions moving at too rapidly often leaves newly acquired employees to the way side and lacking pertinent information to successfully do their jobs. As a result errors are pointed out by back office as if we ought to know better and in a condescending tone. No longer feels like community banking. Similarly, after having reviewed the salaries of those in comparable job roles, every single person...

Advice to Management

Slow down. Employees want to work but not when guidelines are inconsistent and communication is lacking. Trying too hard to line your own pockets while cutting jobs is an insult. Operations centers could help rather than condescendingly point fingers. And call center employees could mitigate customer concerns rather than just patching them through, angry, and their issues left unresolved. Basic business fundamentals...

Ameris Bank2019-06-06

"It was okay . depends on what circle you fit into"

Former Employee - Teller in Tifton, GA

I worked at Ameris Bank part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good friends made and good pay. I feel like things would be better if they had better management and if people had more opportunities.

Cons

A lot of drama and it really depends on who you know. There are some pros but there are also a lot of cons

Ameris Bank2017-07-18

"What you would expect."

Current Employee - Teller in Savannah, GA

I have been working at Ameris Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are opportunities to grow.

Cons

Sometimes office culture can be difficult, but it really depends on the individuals you work with.

Advice to Management

None.

Ameris Bank2015-03-08
  5. "Ameris Bank, No Thanks!"

Current Employee - Teller in Cordele, GA

I have been working at Ameris Bank

Pros

Great work hours and benefits. I worked with a family-oriented staff. I think that it is great that this bank gives out free gifts for new account customers. It is also a community bank.

Cons

The pay isn't great. Most of the management do not have college degrees. There are not enough women and minority in management positions. Ameris Bank is only located in certain areas: Georgia, Florida, Alabama ans South Carolina.

Advice to Management

I wish that Ameris Bank in Cordele, Georgia had more officers with college degrees. There are quite a few people who are far less qualified for their jobs.

Ameris Bank2009-04-25