Amerisafe Consulting and Safety Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 28 reviews

4.5
  1. RN

Current Employee - Staff RN in Steubenville, OH

I have been working at Amerisafe Consulting and Safety Services part-time for more than a year

Pros

I love working PRN for Amerisafe. They have been able to provide me with hours for extra income while accommodating my full time schedule. It is a great atmosphere where you can travel to different sites or be placed at a site where you meet coworkers and contractors from all over the country!

Cons

I cannot think of one thing that’s negative!

December 10, 2018Recruiter

Thank you for the positive review. This is definitely a unique opportunity to be able to work with various clients at different locations. We're glad we're able to accommodate your schedule and provide supplemental income.

2. Registered Nurse

I have been working at Amerisafe Consulting and Safety Services part-time

Pros

Incredible work environment, very much a part of the team

Cons

There are really no negatives, the job itself is so much better than LTC or my previous hospital jobs

Advice to Management

Keep working hard for your people, it shows!

December 10, 2018Recruiter

Thank you for the review. Occupational health nursing definitely differs from long term care and hospital nursing because of the autonomy and slower pace. Hard work is always recognized and greatly appreciated at Amerisafe Group.

• Occupational Health Nurse

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Hopedale, OH

I have been working at Amerisafe Consulting and Safety Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexibility, Safety, On-site training, teamwork, best decision I ever made was to switch from where I felt like a number and coming to work here where I feel valued and that I am helping my patients.

Cons

None that I can think of at this time.

December 10, 2018Recruiter

Thank you for the review. We take a lot of pride in providing comprehensive on-site training for our nurses. Teamwork is the backbone of our organization. We hope you continue to feel valued and remain with us for many years to come!

• RN

I have been working at Amerisafe Consulting and Safety Services part-time

Pros

I believe my managers are supportive and actually care about me . I have a great amount of respect for the organization.

Cons

The job assignment may require long drive to get to job sites.

Advice to Management

To continue to value and respect your employees.

December 10, 2018Recruiter

Thank you for the review. We absolutely care about each and every employee. We recognize that some of our job sites are in remote locations. We truly appreciate your flexibility and willingness to travel and provide care for those employees.

• Great Company to Work For!!

Current Employee - Medical Administrative Assistant in Greensburg, PA

I have been working at Amerisafe Consulting and Safety Services full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Good benefits, time-off, flexible schedule, fantastic co-workers, amazing Manager, Amber is truly in a class by herself!! Your input matters here!

Cons

Can work long hours sometimes, have to work with difficult people at times. These are not bad things in my opinion, but challenging and I like to be challenged.

• Administrative Technical Advisor

Current Employee - Administrative Technical Advisor in Greensburg, PA

Pros

This job allows me to constantly use a very unique skill set! Occupational Health Division has amazing leadership.

Cons

Not necessarily a "CON", but very fast paced with an ever changing calendar of events.

• Outgoing Work Place

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Greensburg, PA

Pros

Very outgoing work place. Keeps you on you on your toes so you can never say your bored. Great people to work with.

Cons

Not many cons from my perspective.

December 10, 2018Recruiter

Thank you for the review. Our employees are a vital part of our success. No two days are the same at Amerisafe Group as we're constantly finding innovative ways to grow our business.

The worst organization I’ve worked for in my 25 year career.

Former Employee - Temp Safety in Penn Hills, PA

I worked at Amerisafe Consulting and Safety Services full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

There are no pros to them.

Cons

No benefits, managers treat you less than, no respect for your hard work, management will lie in your face just so will stay on a project long enough to finish it. Pay is well below the market. No chance of raises even if knock it out of park in performance and client expectations. No support from the main office.

Advice to Management

No advise will help, arrogance is their short coming.

• Poorly managed

Former Employee - Rescue Technician

I worked at Amerisafe Consulting and Safety Services part-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Pay is great when its correct. Great training opportunities. Newer equipment.

Cons

Super spotty work. Bickering between upper management and project managers creates constant uncertainty about future employment. Some techniques and practices are archaic. Definitely more concerned about appearance than performance.

Advice to Management

Either jump in all the way with rescue or sell it off.

• Sales

Former Employee - Executive in Chicago, IL

Pros

Not any pros. Very deceitful and unethical company. They will ask you to lie about their safety rating (EMR) and they ask you to tell potential customers you are able to provide services they do not currently offer. They go under multiple names to hide their poor safety rating (EMR).

Cons

Unethical company, not a company you want to do business with. They ask for all your clients and book of business to take it and run with it.

Advice to Management

Do business the right way, treat petiole with respect and value employees.

Found 28 reviews