KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Amerishore Reviews

Updated Aug 13, 2017

Found 20 of over 20 reviews

4.2
Amerishore General Manager Tracy Derr (no image)
Tracy Derr

Former Intern, more than 1 year

Consultant

Aug 13, 2017 - Consultant in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome experience. Great mentors Client facing opportunities

Cons

Poor pay in exchange for great experience.

2. 4.0
    Former Employee

Amerishore intern review

Sep 28, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Real project experience Great people Long internship

Cons

Low pay Can be instability depending on how many projects are available

3. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Excellent way to gain hands on expirience

Jul 9, 2016 - Student Associate in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

* Real work, you are adding actual business value * Access to lot of interesting onboarding material and free access to pluralSight * Access to real production applications, I learned a lot from that! * Eric is an awesome manager

Cons

* You may be on the bench for a long time * You don't really get to work with the experienced Neudesic consultants

4. 4.0
    Current Intern

Great environment!

Mar 13, 2016 - Anonymous Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great manager and all of the other interns are students in the same classes as me!

Cons

None that I can think of

5. 4.0

Associate consultant

Nov 9, 2015 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good experience. All your co-workers are still in college, a lot from UH. Big chance you're going to be working with your friends. Managers are very nice as well. Free snacks!

Cons

Pays are low. Might need to work after hour or weekend.

6. 5.0

Working at Amerishore

Oct 24, 2015 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work! You're working with real clients with real world issues and projects.

Cons

Intern pay is low but the experience you gain is worth a lot.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great experience and leadership opportunities!

Oct 19, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunity to gain experience on several IT projects, this gives you the ability to experience different practices and work with different clients in a years time. Sufficient training for several topics and a great education/mentoring culture. The manager is always open to help you and not only that but teach you with great explanation. Associates have the ability to gain responsibilities around the office which give them the opportunity to lead and take ownership.

Cons

Pay is not the best, but you're really here for the experience. Projects can get kind of slow at times, but you are given several resources and training portals to always be advancing your skills.

8. 5.0

Great experience and mentoring

Oct 13, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Real projects with real experience. This is not an internship, its a job and you deal with real clients on a day-to-day bases. With one year at Amerishore, you can several projects under your belt. Mentoring is the key to the success of Amerishore.

Cons

Part-time schedule offers 20 hours. Great for people who want to balance their school schedule and work, which Amerishore is flexible with, but not great to pay the bills. Trade off is the great experience

9. 4.0
    Current Intern

Associate Consultant

Oct 3, 2015 - Anonymous Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great experience and Mentorship. Ability to be on multiple projects. Learning environment. Awesome close-niche community! Working on projects with your classmates can be fun.

Cons

Pay is not the best.

10. 5.0
    Former Intern, more than 1 year

Great Experience, Genius Management, and Gratifying Work

May 22, 2015 - Student Associate Consultant in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Management genuinely cares about your personal development. When I felt restless on a specific project, Eric immediately began searching for other projects that I could jump into. - They have a "Star Board" that allows you to express the skills you'd like to work with on your next project. Amerishore understands that we are getting ready for the real world, so they try to put us on different projects with various skills (SSRS, QA, ASP.NET, SharePoint, etc) - There are 2 managers- Alica and Eric. This allows for a great separation of powers, so not one of them is receiving ALL of the questions at once. Alicia is great for questions about SCRUMs, scheduling, SharePoint (She was the leading national SharePoint consultant for Neudesic before coming to Amerishore, so there is a lot of knowledge there.), etc. Eric is great for technicals skills and they are both great for career development advice. I called them the Dynamic Duo! (In my head...) - Bi-weekly Lunch and Learns - HUGE alumni network - Amazing culture - Plenty of exposure to Agile Development, Visual Studio, SQL Server Management Studio, etc. - Management trusts employees greatly. "Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand.” - VERY flexible schedule. - I can personally vouch that Amerishore was an extremely valuable experience. After interning here, I was given 3 offers from some very prestigious companies.

Cons

- The pay was a bit low, but I was aware of that that from the start. However, this is a co-op internship meaning you can stay here for 2+ years rather than 9 weeks. Also, people usually come to Amerishore for the experience, not the cash. - Limit of 20 ,or sometimes 30, hours a week

Viewing 1 - 10 of 20 Reviews

Amerishore Reviews FAQs

Amerishore has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 20 reviews left anonymously by employees. 83% of employees would recommend working at Amerishore to a friend and 82% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Amerishore employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Amerishore. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

83% of Amerishore employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Amerishore 4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Amerishore to be benefits, management, career development and the cons to be workplace, compensation.