Amerisource Funding Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated April 11, 2017

4.3
Jason Floyd

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Family atmosphere, Freedom to Grow!!"

I have been working at Amerisource Funding full-time

Pros

We are a very close nit and familial company. We celebrate birthdays, deal closings, holidays, milestones, etc... together here at the office. We genuinely care about one another as well as our clients. Many of the people have been here for 10+ years, however there is still an openness to new ideas and ways

Cons

Like any small business sometimes there's "not a policy for that", which means that sometimes management makes decision on "instinct" or "gut feeling". I don't really think this is a bad thing, but sometimes people who are used to a robust corporate policy have trouble understanding an environment other than that.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and continue to train/support the next generation of leaders at Amerisource.

"Great place to work!"

I have been working at Amerisource Funding full-time

Pros

Great work environment! Everyone here genuinely cares about the success of the company and works as a cohesive unit. Management fosters an open door policy, and they are open to new ideas. It doesn’t feel like I’m going to work every day, it feels like I’m going to spend the day with family. Helping businesses achieve their growth goals is our number one priority, so we work hard, but we play hard as well. Everyone here likes to have fun, and the culture is just that. The owners genuinely care about their employees both professionally and personally. I’ve worked for both large and small companies over the years, and AmeriSOURCE is hands down the best company I have worked for!

Cons

I really can’t think of any other than I would agree with the comment below that there can be an occasional lack of communication, but they are taking the right steps to rectify it through town hall meetings, etc.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

"Professional, Dynamic and Friendly Environment"

I have been working at Amerisource Funding full-time

Pros

AmeriSource Funding is a professional, dynamic but friendly place to work. When I first started, I was pleased to find that the team were welcoming and will tried to include and support you whenever they can. The management are approachable and responsive. They interact with the whole team regularly and actively promote the “Freedom to Grow” company ethos. The initial recruitment process was very efficient and professional, it consisted of a long telephone interview with the HR Manager and then subsequently a face-2-face interview with various Managers/ Directors. I was impressed that they really took the time to establish who I was as a person and not just my professional credential. This attitude ensured that I was a good “fit” with the company’s culture. The company building is nice and they have an onsite gym. The team also regularly goes out for walks together on their lunch breaks and often socializes out of office hours. AmeriSource has now been in business for 30+ years with the same Directors at the helm, it is a very stable place to work and has a great business reputation in their respective markets.

Cons

I suspect that whilst the salaries are competitive, they are not at the top end of the market.

4. "Amerisource Funding"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Amerisource Funding full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been at Amerisource Funding for a few years now, and I will honestly say it's the best place I've ever worked. My co-workers are great, and it's pretty obvious by our significant growth and success that management knows what they're doing. It's actually a fun place to work, with a much more familial feel than a strict corporate atmosphere.

Cons

Not many cons, except the occasional lack of communication, but that's every company.

"Great Company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

1) Awesome work environment. Not sure what the other reviews about toxic environment comes from. Coworkers are friendly, management are fair but not demanding, and lots of cross-team interaction.

2) Great advancement/cross-training opportunities. I expressed desire to cross-train with other departments, and the management team found ways to make it happen. Since learning the new roles, I've advanced in the company quite a bit!

3) Tuition reimbursement! I've been at a couple of other companies, and none offered to help me pay for my education. Amerisource encourages its employees to continue their education, and helps fund the cost. It's no small amount either!

4) Work-life balance. This is a M-F, 8-5 job. You are not required to stay late, or come in on weekends. Amerisource also has more holidays than the Federal holidays calendar.

5) Office parties. Seems like it’s every few weeks, we’re celebrating something. Shared baked goods, potluck parties, company-sponsored lunches, and more.

Cons

1) Salary - I agree with some other reviews that salary could be more competitive. However, they have been fair when I've shown that I deserve a desired amount.

2) Advancement - I had to express desire to advance for them to consider it. They advance people when they need it, not when one is deserved. Slightly understandable, since it's a smaller company, but still.

Advice to Management

Senior management should talk to individual employees more often, not just the ones directly reporting to them. It's a small company and it shouldn't be hard to spend few minutes with each employee every now and then. You tell them you care, and they'll work harder.

"A Good Company - With Some Drawbacks"

Former Employee - Operations Specialist in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Operations Specialist in Houston, TX

I worked at Amerisource Funding full-time (More than a year)

Pros

+ Positive Work Environment
    + Close working relationship with managers, VP and owners
    + Great learning environment for someone interested in accounting, banking or factoring

Cons

- Entrapment in Positions that workers don't enjoy
    - Heavy everyday workload (paperwork, software updating)
    - Working relationship with managers, VP and owners does not make them more informed; still blind to employee reticence to being locked in a position

Advice to Management

Stop trapping people in roles they do not like. Pay attention to people who have thoughts about the business. Be more accepting of change.

"Terrible"

Pros

Small enough to not feel like a number.

Cons

People are jumping this sinking ship. Toxic work environment. No chance for advancement.

Advice to Management

Find out why most of the employees are unhappy and are doing the bare minimum

"Exit Review"

Current Employee - Collections in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Collections in Houston, TX

I have been working at Amerisource Funding part-time (More than a year)

Pros

What I love most about this company are the coworkers and the enviroment. I believe one of the most important components of loving your job is having a healthy relationship with you coworkers. Everyone at Amerisource is always so happy to help and truly cares about its employees. They always worked around my school schedule and were understanding of my need to be part time. It is no secret that Amerisource takes care of their employees.
    Another great thing about Amerisource, is while the office is casual and laid back, the company keeps things very professional. Never did I have to question the way the company handled any situation. Instead, I was proud to work for them and learned so much by the way they handle the company.

Cons

The only thing that I did not like about Amerisource was the location of the office. I have nothing bad to say about the company itself.

"Good place to get experience"

Former Employee - Assistant Relationship Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Relationship Manager in Houston, TX

Pros

room for growth; family friendly environment; management and staff are very nice and friendly and usually try to maintain a good relationship; good place to get working experience...especially for recent graduates; they offer a lot of room for growth from within

Cons

high turnover rate...people with degrees hardly ever stay because the salary isn't good enough...especially for the output of work they expect; need improvement on the standard they use to advance employees - management often promotes incompetent and underqualified people... probably because they can pay them less.

Advice to Management

train staff and learn how to let go and give more responsibility. don't micromanage. the salary you offer won't keep quality people....most people want more $$$. create higher standards for promoting...consider hiring people with more experience and offering them a better salary after they've been doing the job efficiently for "x" amount of time. Seek longevity and quality with employees. don't hire people to do the job if they do not have finance background or education...they won't stay.