Cover image for Amerisource Funding

52% Recommend to a Friend
74% Approve of CEO

Found 13 of over 13 reviews

3.4
Amerisource Funding Managing Director Jason Floyd (no image)
Jason Floyd

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on

Finance

13d

a

Commercial Customer Service Representative

What’s the best way to have a lack of compensation and incentive conversation in your department? I went above and beyond for years doing extra work, organizations etc and nothing has been reflected in pay. I thought my 5 year was going to finally show something but it did not. I’ve inquired about pay but it’s gotten nowhere.

7 Comments

Finance

110.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Amerisource Funding~15694
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Family atmosphere, Freedom to Grow!!

Apr 11, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

We are a very close nit and familial company. We celebrate birthdays, deal closings, holidays, milestones, etc... together here at the office. We genuinely care about one another as well as our clients. Many of the people have been here for 10+ years, however there is still an openness to new ideas and ways

Cons

Like any small business sometimes there's "not a policy for that", which means that sometimes management makes decision on "instinct" or "gut feeling". I don't really think this is a bad thing, but sometimes people who are used to a robust corporate policy have trouble understanding an environment other than that.

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Dont Get Sucked In

May 4, 2022 - Operations Specialist in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company parties for holidays, birthdays, and trips.

Cons

They promote a family atmosphere, but are quite the opposite. There's no advancement. Management does not listen to what's working and what's not. There's no set training procedure so everyone does 1 task differently. Mid-management gets burnt out because they are assigned too much work from executive staff.

3. Join the Amerisource Funding team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0
    Former Employee

Mildly stressful

Oct 2, 2021 - Collateral Analyst in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice people to work with

Cons

Company is growing, not enough analysts to keep up with the growth

5. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Stay Away!

Nov 7, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Okay entry level to get career started

Cons

*Pay *Toxic work environment *No actual family atmosphere, it's all talk. End of the day employees are numbers *Favoritism with management and RMs *Unprofessionalism at management level as far as rumors/gossip etc *The fact that people with college degrees do not stay here should tell a lot *There is literally no room for employees to grow, professionally or financially. *No recognition/encouragement. They prefer employees that have no opinion and follow orders without questions *Try to hire employees with no degrees so they can do the workload but not expect pay. People with degrees are either maxed out for pay, willing to work for less than they deserve, or end up leaving.

6. 5.0

Great Company!

Jul 21, 2016 -  in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

1) Awesome work environment. Not sure what the other reviews about toxic environment comes from. Coworkers are friendly, management are fair but not demanding, and lots of cross-team interaction. 2) Great advancement/cross-training opportunities. I expressed desire to cross-train with other departments, and the management team found ways to make it happen. Since learning the new roles, I've advanced in the company quite a bit! 3) Tuition reimbursement! I've been at a couple of other companies, and none offered to help me pay for my education. Amerisource encourages its employees to continue their education, and helps fund the cost. It's no small amount either! 4) Work-life balance. This is a M-F, 8-5 job. You are not required to stay late, or come in on weekends. Amerisource also has more holidays than the Federal holidays calendar. 5) Office parties. Seems like it’s every few weeks, we’re celebrating something. Shared baked goods, potluck parties, company-sponsored lunches, and more.

Cons

1) Salary - I agree with some other reviews that salary could be more competitive. However, they have been fair when I've shown that I deserve a desired amount. 2) Advancement - I had to express desire to advance for them to consider it. They advance people when they need it, not when one is deserved. Slightly understandable, since it's a smaller company, but still.

7. 3.0

its ok

Nov 3, 2020 - Solution Architect in Plano, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

decent package to work there

Cons

not motivation work, working with old tech

8. 5.0

Professional, Dynamic and Friendly Environment

Mar 15, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

AmeriSource Funding is a professional, dynamic but friendly place to work. When I first started, I was pleased to find that the team were welcoming and will tried to include and support you whenever they can. The management are approachable and responsive. They interact with the whole team regularly and actively promote the “Freedom to Grow” company ethos. The initial recruitment process was very efficient and professional, it consisted of a long telephone interview with the HR Manager and then subsequently a face-2-face interview with various Managers/ Directors. I was impressed that they really took the time to establish who I was as a person and not just my professional credential. This attitude ensured that I was a good “fit” with the company’s culture. The company building is nice and they have an onsite gym. The team also regularly goes out for walks together on their lunch breaks and often socializes out of office hours. AmeriSource has now been in business for 30+ years with the same Directors at the helm, it is a very stable place to work and has a great business reputation in their respective markets.

Cons

I suspect that whilst the salaries are competitive, they are not at the top end of the market.

9. 5.0

Great place to work!

Apr 7, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment! Everyone here genuinely cares about the success of the company and works as a cohesive unit. Management fosters an open door policy, and they are open to new ideas. It doesn’t feel like I’m going to work every day, it feels like I’m going to spend the day with family. Helping businesses achieve their growth goals is our number one priority, so we work hard, but we play hard as well. Everyone here likes to have fun, and the culture is just that. The owners genuinely care about their employees both professionally and personally. I’ve worked for both large and small companies over the years, and AmeriSOURCE is hands down the best company I have worked for!

Cons

I really can’t think of any other than I would agree with the comment below that there can be an occasional lack of communication, but they are taking the right steps to rectify it through town hall meetings, etc.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Exit Review

Jan 2, 2014 - Collections in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

What I love most about this company are the coworkers and the enviroment. I believe one of the most important components of loving your job is having a healthy relationship with you coworkers. Everyone at Amerisource is always so happy to help and truly cares about its employees. They always worked around my school schedule and were understanding of my need to be part time. It is no secret that Amerisource takes care of their employees. Another great thing about Amerisource, is while the office is casual and laid back, the company keeps things very professional. Never did I have to question the way the company handled any situation. Instead, I was proud to work for them and learned so much by the way they handle the company.

Cons

The only thing that I did not like about Amerisource was the location of the office. I have nothing bad to say about the company itself.

2 people found this review helpful
  11. 3.0
    Former Employee

Good place to get experience

Jan 13, 2012 - Assistant Relationship Manager in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

room for growth; family friendly environment; management and staff are very nice and friendly and usually try to maintain a good relationship; good place to get working experience...especially for recent graduates; they offer a lot of room for growth from within

Cons

high turnover rate...people with degrees hardly ever stay because the salary isn't good enough...especially for the output of work they expect; need improvement on the standard they use to advance employees - management often promotes incompetent and underqualified people... probably because they can pay them less.

3 people found this review helpful