AmerisourceBergen Accounts Payable Clerk Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"What a waste of time"

Former Contractor - Accounts Payable Clerk in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Contractor - Accounts Payable Clerk in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at AmerisourceBergen as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

These are the most self centered individuals I have ever worked with. I had a temporary job in accounting, filling in for someone that probably had paid medical leave. I am there learning a whole payroll process, with a ridiculous learning curve, all while being told I had no chance at getting a "real job" at this dump. The manager was a train wreck. Insecure, overly competitive, needed to always be the smartest person in the room, blamed me for her errors. Extremely disappointing. Yet when I kept doing a great job, she needed to find something to get on my case about - so ended up making a scene, when I was 20 minutes late (which was still before 9). This at the busiest time of the year, when I was handling all the invoices, wires, tax notices, and emailing everyone. Every day this woman is being fake kind to me, asking how my night was, etc. just to exploit me, to do HER job. So I find it ironic and comical that her own ego got in the way. Then she exploded on me and said I had to leave or she would force me to leave. Yes, that is how AmerisourceBergen rewards temporary employees for getting to work every day at 7 am for two months. Disgusting.

Cons

It is the same old game at every Pharma company. They pretend they are an "exclusive club" and that they are so happy. They are a joke.

Advice to Management

Stop pretending you are better than people. Handle small non-issues privately, instead of making a scene and embarrassing yourself. This manager not only proved her unprofessionalism, and incompetence to communicate after talking to me in a condescending and disrespectful tone, but also showed that she does not reward hard work from temporary employees. That makes someone not only a failure as a manager, but disgusting as a human being.

"Accounts Payable - Thorofare NJ"

Current Employee - Accounts Payable Clerk in Thorofare, NJ
    Current Employee - Accounts Payable Clerk in Thorofare, NJ

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay is ok and benefits are good

Cons

Lots of perks and special considerations if you are in the right click with management. Your best bet is to be a buddy to one of them(outside of work). Unrealistic demands from managment and dont expect to have a life outside of work. Lots of favoritism. They send out another survey for employees to complete, but they have not done anything with the results from the last one (don't expect management to follow through with the results). Upper management needs to look at the "whole" picture, Accounts Payable management leave much to be desired. There are many unfair and unethical probiing questions from Management and do not expect Human Resources to be helpful. Some employees can use up their vacation and personal time and still get more time off, while others have to fight for their entitlement. Many unfair practices within the management team.

Advice to Management

Realize that employees have a life outside of work and be realistic. Expectations are a two way streeet.