AmerisourceBergen Reviews in Chesterbrook, PA | Glassdoor

AmerisourceBergen Chairman, President and CEO Steve Collis
Steve Collis

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "All departments are not created equal"

Former Employee - Applications Developer in Chesterbrook, PA
    Former Employee - Applications Developer in Chesterbrook, PA

I worked at AmerisourceBergen full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The best managers/directors I've ever worked for.

Cons

Typical large enterprise issues. Communication downstream.
    The department I worked for was a little under staffed. Many nights and weekends but the team made it enjoyable.

Advice to Management

Managers (and directors) keep doing an awesome job!! I hope to work with you again some day soon.

2. "Great, knowledgeable internal SAP team"

Former Employee - Project Manager, SAP in Chesterbrook, PA
    Former Employee - Project Manager, SAP in Chesterbrook, PA

I worked at AmerisourceBergen (More than a year)

Pros

I worked here as a contract PM for an SAP implementation. One of the best internal SAP staff I've ever dealt with. Professional and helpful.

Cons

Traffic is rough if you're coming from downtown Philly

"Ok place, but not ideal"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Chesterbrook, PA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Chesterbrook, PA

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

continues to be a financially healthy company

Cons

Money is simply ok - Management is a mess

"Bad Management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chesterbrook, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chesterbrook, PA

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are friendly.
    They pay in USD.

Cons

Worst management that could possibly exist.

HR will lie to you and say that pay is competitive, it's not.

Micromanagement. Middle management is too thick. There are as many workers as there are managers except managers don't do any of the true work; they just tell the employees to do the work that they already know to be doing.

Fat middle management segments create roles where no roles need to be, redundant roles, meanwhile not enough workers to actually do the work.

If you don't drink the corporate kool-aid then you will be reprimanded for not caring enough about other departments of the company, even if they don't pertain to your department.

Management will not give warnings. I have been a faithful employee and slipped up once. And for the next two weeks I had evidence trumped up against me that was fabricated, and had my job threatened daily.

They will threaten your job out of the blue as a motivational technique.

Work environment created by management is unhealthy and hostile.

Conflicting priorities given by the tens of thousands of different "bosses" that you have will inevitably cause you to forsake one priority for another, and then you will be yelled at by the managers who's requests you put on hold for the other manager.

Complaining culture from tenured employees fosters in this pseudo-busyness whereby employees can fake being busy and shirk their workload onto new employees.

Give preferential treatment to minorities and women because of PC culture/fear of backlash. Management eats up the concerns of the aforementioned groups with a spoon.

Advice to Management

When you threaten someone's job regularly over one mistake, a mistake that you did not warn anyone about, it does not make the employee want to work harder for you. It makes the employee apply to other opportunities. Perhaps this is why turnover is very high in certain departments with poor managers..

"Sales Training Manager"

Former Employee - Sales Training Manager in Chesterbrook, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Training Manager in Chesterbrook, PA

I worked at AmerisourceBergen full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great type of work, great work hours, used the latest tools

Cons

Strategic initiatives not always in the best direction

Advice to Management

Obtain better management

"Customer System Support"

Former Employee - Tech Support Representative in Chesterbrook, PA
    Former Employee - Tech Support Representative in Chesterbrook, PA

I worked at AmerisourceBergen full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Competitive salary and good health benefits for the industry. The 401k match is pretty lousy. Full match of the first 3% and an additional ½% match the next 2%. No Pension.

Cons

Management within User Services is appalling. New hires are provided inadequate training before being thrown into the fire. Management never makes the necessary tools to complete the job available, technicians are constantly scrambling to share the one login credential between the 15 or so technicians. Management also won’t provide any information in regards to fixing new issues that may arise, unless you do something for them, such as pick up a weekend shift or fill in for more overtime. It is also a necessity that technician’s matchup their pay stubs to their timecards. Management consistently performs overrides to remove overtime from timecards, without any legitimate explanation of why. When confronted supervisors blame the technicians for not clocking out when that same supervisor was the one that forced the technician to work the overtime, to begin with.
    Many of the company events such as holiday parties, technicians are strictly told not to attend and that they are for the rest of the company and not for them. Throughout the year technicians are told by User Services management not to engage in conversation with individuals in other departments because those individuals are much too important and too busy to be bothered. Technicians also do not enjoy many of the company-wide perks such as being off on certain non-federal holidays, or half-day Fridays in the summer, that other departments receive. Being a call center environment this is understandable, but you would think management would provide some other alternative like a time and a half pay rate or floating days off. Management does not care about the concerns of employees. Representatives are constantly told to their face that they are expendable. HR has to be aware of the high turnover rate within the department (literally all through quitting), yet nothing is done about management.

Advice to Management

Clean house from Sandra Lee down

7. "Love It"

Current Contractor - Data Entry Clerk in Chesterbrook, PA
    Current Contractor - Data Entry Clerk in Chesterbrook, PA

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

It is fun working here. They offer free beverages all day long. And sometimes the boss treats us to lunch. They are flexible and understanding if you need scheduling changes.

Cons

I'm only a temp (Contractor).

"Not the best environment"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Chesterbrook, PA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Chesterbrook, PA

Pros

Enjoyed the hiring managers that I partnered with and what AmerisourceBergen stands for.

Cons

Not a good work environment. Management makes you feel like you're walking on egg shells. Does not provide opportunities for growth.

Advice to Management

Appreciate the talent you have and help develop your employees by presenting new growth opportunities.

"Application Developer"

Current Employee - Applications Developer in Chesterbrook, PA
    Current Employee - Applications Developer in Chesterbrook, PA

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen full-time

Pros

AmerisourceBergen has a flexible work environment and appreciates its associates. I truly enjoy my coworkers and feel like I'm contributing to a great cause.
    Good benefits, PTO. Pay is very competitive. Upper management cascade information and future plans with team members; and displays full confidence in subordinates.
    Great work life balance.

Cons

Some time deadlines are very tight.
    Project requirements are delayed sometime and lack of planning in testing.

Advice to Management

Need to invest more on technical and inter-personal training for IT staff.

"Manager"

Former Employee - Manager in Chesterbrook, PA
    Former Employee - Manager in Chesterbrook, PA

I worked at AmerisourceBergen full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, teamwork atmosphere, opportunities abound

Cons

Top 20 in Fortune 500 resulting in having to answer to investors. Recent layoffs in back office operations and sales helped 'trim the fat'. A lot of good talent lost.

Advice to Management

Be more compassionate to those impacted by layoffs and show them a little dignity.