AmerisourceBergen Reviews | Glassdoor

AmerisourceBergen Chairman, President and CEO Steve Collis
Steve Collis

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "Get your experience and then get out"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Sugar Land, TX
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Sugar Land, TX

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay and benefits. Mostly nice technicians.

Cons

Incompetent management, factory-like work conditions, extremely low morale in every department

Advice to Management

Get a clue.

2. "EndPoint Support Technician"

Former Employee - EndPoint Support Technician in Boise, ID
    Former Employee - EndPoint Support Technician in Boise, ID

I worked at AmerisourceBergen full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay was good. Benefits were good but only because large parent company offered them.

Cons

Low moral, communication, and very bad management. They will not tell you the full hours and expectations in interview or job posting. Most of team disliked the boss and job. Constant state of disarray with dangerously low team unity. 99% is on the job learning with what information given in training changed with no one telling you. By far the least organized workplace. They recently had a merger and most everyone is afraid. Apply at your own risk!

Advice to Management

Do a better job and enough with the ostrich principle. Stop pretending there isn't an issue and deal with them.

3. "Warehouse"

I worked at AmerisourceBergen full-time

Pros

Plenty of overtime if that's your thing

Cons

Never know when you will get off for the day

Advice to Management

Grow up . Treat your employees with respect

"Medical Billing Specialist"

Former Employee - Medical Billing Specialist in Fort Mill, SC
    Former Employee - Medical Billing Specialist in Fort Mill, SC

I worked at AmerisourceBergen (Less than a year)

Pros

You can gain experience will looking for a PERMANENT FULL TIME JOB

Cons

These people from leads to upper management are ALL LIARS and will make empty promises of being permanent or contracts being extended in MEETING AFTER MEETING..then CALL you a week after the original contract deadline to tell you the assignment is over. ...cause who wants to face over 15 contracted workers who have been humble hardworkers but lied to

Advice to Management

Tell the truth and don't forget contractors are human beings too.

"Very hostile environment that sets one up to fail."

Former Employee - Benefit Verification Specialist in Monroeville, PA
    Former Employee - Benefit Verification Specialist in Monroeville, PA

I worked at AmerisourceBergen full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only pro I could think of is the good health benefits . There a very few pros with this company if any at all.

Cons

The managers set you up to fail. I came to work on time and worked hard everyday. This environment was very toxic from Day 1. My assistant manager was mean and got a thrill out of finding any errors on people's work. I have always had high reviews at other jobs but the training was awful and there was no leadership what so ever. I worked there for almost a year. It was a nightmare from day 1. I am so glad I just got offered a new job and this is by far the worst company I have ever worked for. We have lost 40 people in my department since starting a year ago. I am amazed HR didn't question the managers why all their employees either left or got laid off. Do yourself a favor and stay away from Amerisource. They will stress you out from Day 1. It was very hard to get work done everyday as people would talk loud all day and didn't respect others as people were trying to work.

Advice to Management

Start to appreciate your employees. Show some respect to them and train them how to do the job the proper way. Having a hostile environment will not keep employees.

"Former buyer"

Former Employee - Buyer in Shakopee, MN
    Former Employee - Buyer in Shakopee, MN

I worked at AmerisourceBergen full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fairly competitive paid time off. The new building is nice but quite the far drive. The insurance benefits are decent.

Cons

This place is so poorly ran and disorganized. Most of the management team is unqualified and has poor managing skills. They do not praise the good work and have low retention rates for good employees.

Females beware. You are not equals here!

Advice to Management

Come out of the Stone Age and pay your employees more competitively. Do not promote people who don't deserve it!!!!!!

"Limited growth"

I worked at AmerisourceBergen full-time

Pros

Most co-workers were nice to work with.

Cons

Opportunities are not shared so no growth potential unless you post out.

Advice to Management

Provide opportunities to your employees. Stop the 6-month layoff rotation.

"HORRIBLE PLACE TO WORK"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Frisco, TX
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Frisco, TX

I worked at AmerisourceBergen as a contractor

Pros

Good location, decent pay.

Cons

no direction from management- you are basically left on your own to struggle. Managers seem to get away with anything they want, even highly inappropriate comments and treating their employees like garbage with no repurcussions.

You are expected to be a mind reader and know what your manager wants when given unclear, ambiguous directions. You are only told what you "should" have done when you are being chastised for using your best judgment to complete a task when given unclear directions.

No room for upward mobility. Very negative environment. I would only advise someone to take a job here if they had absolutely no other options

Advice to Management

Top level Management needs to take accountability and deal with managers who act inappropriately. Everyone deserves to be treated with respect, something Amerisource has obviously ignored.

Negative corporate culture/environment. Change has to start at the top, or nothing changes. Surprised this company does not have much higher turnover than it does.

"Bad Management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chesterbrook, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chesterbrook, PA

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are friendly.
    They pay in USD.

Cons

Worst management that could possibly exist.

HR will lie to you and say that pay is competitive, it's not.

Micromanagement. Middle management is too thick. There are as many workers as there are managers except managers don't do any of the true work; they just tell the employees to do the work that they already know to be doing.

Fat middle management segments create roles where no roles need to be, redundant roles, meanwhile not enough workers to actually do the work.

If you don't drink the corporate kool-aid then you will be reprimanded for not caring enough about other departments of the company, even if they don't pertain to your department.

Management will not give warnings. I have been a faithful employee and slipped up once. And for the next two weeks I had evidence trumped up against me that was fabricated, and had my job threatened daily.

They will threaten your job out of the blue as a motivational technique.

Work environment created by management is unhealthy and hostile.

Conflicting priorities given by the tens of thousands of different "bosses" that you have will inevitably cause you to forsake one priority for another, and then you will be yelled at by the managers who's requests you put on hold for the other manager.

Complaining culture from tenured employees fosters in this pseudo-busyness whereby employees can fake being busy and shirk their workload onto new employees.

Give preferential treatment to minorities and women because of PC culture/fear of backlash. Management eats up the concerns of the aforementioned groups with a spoon.

Advice to Management

When you threaten someone's job regularly over one mistake, a mistake that you did not warn anyone about, it does not make the employee want to work harder for you. It makes the employee apply to other opportunities. Perhaps this is why turnover is very high in certain departments with poor managers..

"I would never recommend anyone works for AmerisourceBergen's specially now since most Management Indian heritage."

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benifits but no respects for employees.

Cons

I can't think of it one since there are many of them.

Advice to Management

Take some managements classes and learn how to manage people and follows EOC rules and regulations.