AmerisourceBergen Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"AWFUL - look elsewhere"

Former Employee - Process Improvement Professional in Fort Mill, SC
    Former Employee - Process Improvement Professional in Fort Mill, SC

I worked at AmerisourceBergen full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free soda, good parking, new building, nice landscaping on the outside. The furniture was new and conference rooms had ok technology

Cons

Where do I begin. Incestuous leadership and favoritism. Leaders that helped Lash Group grow from a kitchen table are NOT capable of leading an organization of that size. They need fresh leadership at all levels and a fresh perspective.

Favoritism is rampant and you're either in or out.

The constant change of direction was tiring. Hurry up... wait... hurry up... wait... my director was less than knowledgeable. Should not have been promoted to her position. My old department saw huge turn over as a result of her poor leadership.

I can honestly say this was the worst job in my career. Good luck and I hope your experience is not like mine.

"NEVER DO CONTRACT WORK WITH THEM"

Former Contractor - BVS in Fort Mill, SC
    Former Contractor - BVS in Fort Mill, SC

I worked at AmerisourceBergen as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The only good thing I can think of is the fact that we were paid weekly and thats completely it!

Cons

Idk if its different for fulltime employees but my experience with this company as a contract worker was HORRIFIC. For one they had everyone who wanted direct deposit to submit all bank info 2-3wks before even starting but we did not receive our DD until about 2months into the assignment. We were told that we would have to get paperchecks but had to drive all the way to the Carowinds parking lot on a Friday after 5(just imagine the traffic and some of us were already driving a hour or more there) to pick up our checks bc Amerisource would not allow the temp agency to pass out our checks on their premises smh. The temp agency and amerisource NEVER sent us any emails or calls letting us know when our contract would end. On the last day of our contract our badges were deactivated and we could not even get out of the building. Someone else had to use their badges to buzz us out. Some of us had personal items that we kept at our desks everyday left that Im assuming they just threw away since we could not come back bc our badges didnt work. Its like they were extra nice in the beginning to get us to do the work and once we finished everything and they no longer needed us they just let us go. I will NEVER WORK FOR THEM OR AEROTEK AGAIN. DO NOT RECOMMEND IT.

Advice to Management

Contract workers are people too and we deserve to be treated as such. Stop treating contract employees like we are robots and only sent here to lighten your companies workload. I was ranked number 1 or 2 on my team the entire time I worked for this company as a contractor but I was treated otherwise. If this is what your company represents then I want no part of it.

"What a waste of time"

Former Contractor - Accounts Payable Clerk in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Contractor - Accounts Payable Clerk in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at AmerisourceBergen as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

These are the most self centered individuals I have ever worked with. I had a temporary job in accounting, filling in for someone that probably had paid medical leave. I am there learning a whole payroll process, with a ridiculous learning curve, all while being told I had no chance at getting a "real job" at this dump. The manager was a train wreck. Insecure, overly competitive, needed to always be the smartest person in the room, blamed me for her errors. Extremely disappointing. Yet when I kept doing a great job, she needed to find something to get on my case about - so ended up making a scene, when I was 20 minutes late (which was still before 9). This at the busiest time of the year, when I was handling all the invoices, wires, tax notices, and emailing everyone. Every day this woman is being fake kind to me, asking how my night was, etc. just to exploit me, to do HER job. So I find it ironic and comical that her own ego got in the way. Then she exploded on me and said I had to leave or she would force me to leave. Yes, that is how AmerisourceBergen rewards temporary employees for getting to work every day at 7 am for two months. Disgusting.

Cons

It is the same old game at every Pharma company. They pretend they are an "exclusive club" and that they are so happy. They are a joke.

Advice to Management

Stop pretending you are better than people. Handle small non-issues privately, instead of making a scene and embarrassing yourself. This manager not only proved her unprofessionalism, and incompetence to communicate after talking to me in a condescending and disrespectful tone, but also showed that she does not reward hard work from temporary employees. That makes someone not only a failure as a manager, but disgusting as a human being.

"Patient Coordinator"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at AmerisourceBergen as a contractor

Pros

NONE...they place over 25-30 people in one room and treated them like animals

Cons

Ghetto behavior from managing staff. Did not know the job and was not interested in correctly applying it's procedures-processes.

Advice to Management

Get out of ghettoville management behavior and learn professional standards.

"Patient Case Coordinator - Frisco,TX."

Former Employee - Patient Case Coordinator in Frisco, TX
    Former Employee - Patient Case Coordinator in Frisco, TX

I worked at AmerisourceBergen full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great health insurance benefits which start 1st date of 1st full month of employment. Great 401K and lots of additional coverages available even for your pet.

Cons

Extreme micromanagement, Unorganized, Under-paid but overworked, horrible managers who are extremely rude. Management could care less if you're dead as long as you're there.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like you care or at least pretend to care. Pay attention everyone is quitting for the same reason. Your employees are people not robots....

"Customer System Support"

Former Employee - Tech Support Representative in Chesterbrook, PA
    Former Employee - Tech Support Representative in Chesterbrook, PA

I worked at AmerisourceBergen full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Competitive salary and good health benefits for the industry. The 401k match is pretty lousy. Full match of the first 3% and an additional ½% match the next 2%. No Pension.

Cons

Management within User Services is appalling. New hires are provided inadequate training before being thrown into the fire. Management never makes the necessary tools to complete the job available, technicians are constantly scrambling to share the one login credential between the 15 or so technicians. Management also won’t provide any information in regards to fixing new issues that may arise, unless you do something for them, such as pick up a weekend shift or fill in for more overtime. It is also a necessity that technician’s matchup their pay stubs to their timecards. Management consistently performs overrides to remove overtime from timecards, without any legitimate explanation of why. When confronted supervisors blame the technicians for not clocking out when that same supervisor was the one that forced the technician to work the overtime, to begin with.
    Many of the company events such as holiday parties, technicians are strictly told not to attend and that they are for the rest of the company and not for them. Throughout the year technicians are told by User Services management not to engage in conversation with individuals in other departments because those individuals are much too important and too busy to be bothered. Technicians also do not enjoy many of the company-wide perks such as being off on certain non-federal holidays, or half-day Fridays in the summer, that other departments receive. Being a call center environment this is understandable, but you would think management would provide some other alternative like a time and a half pay rate or floating days off. Management does not care about the concerns of employees. Representatives are constantly told to their face that they are expendable. HR has to be aware of the high turnover rate within the department (literally all through quitting), yet nothing is done about management.

Advice to Management

Clean house from Sandra Lee down

"inventory clerk"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

I worked at AmerisourceBergen full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

AC THEY HAVE AC I have to have 5 pros so they do pay you, not great but they do

Cons

This is the worst place to work at period. They were horrible people who fired a deaf guy, one guy who had a stroke and wrote up others who couldnt make it during a flood. They dont care about you at all. Leaving this place was the best thing i ever did. This place is HELL

8. "Bv"

I worked at AmerisourceBergen as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Tacky with procedure and handling things

Cons

None at all refuse to entertain

Advice to Management

If contractors are working better communication

"Just run."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Whitestown, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Whitestown, IN

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen full-time

Pros

Heh. Its a paycheck. If you are in need of a job, this is a bridge until you find a new one AT BEST.

Cons

Extremely unprofessional co-workers, ambivalent and willfully ignorant management, long hours, low pay, bottom dollar everything. If you are considering a job here...look at the faces of the people in the warehouse. This can be you. There are better places to work.

Advice to Management

I am sure Management would like to work somewhere also.

"The worst management team I have ever worked for. They target people they don't like. Double standards to the fullest!"

Former Employee - Back Office in Naperville, IL
    Former Employee - Back Office in Naperville, IL

I worked at AmerisourceBergen full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay, decent benefits, if working under decent management work is easy and not too stressful. can't think of any other pro for the company.

Cons

Everything. No respect, unprofessional, management are bullies, hypercritical leadership, everything is a double standard if management doesn't like you. You will get targeted for simply having a bubbly personality

Advice to Management

Stop the bullying. Just because someone doesn't fall into your ideal criteria does not make them a target for bullying.