AmerisourceBergen Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated June 20, 2017

1. "Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - Software Developer II in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Software Developer II in Springfield, MO

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Environment is nice, Everyone works together well, Flexible hours, Ability to work from home if needed. Processes are coming together nicely.

Cons

It Seems that the management team does not do a good job communicating with each other to communicate with the rest of the team. This has gotten better in the past few months but still isn't where it needs to be. Lots of changes....constantly.... this is also getting better but still a con for now.

"National Customer Support ll"

Former Employee - National Accounts in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - National Accounts in Richardson, TX

I worked at AmerisourceBergen full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits,vacation time off, and end of year raise and bonuses.
    Flexible work schedule/hours.

Cons

No consistency with communication with management.
    Too many chiefs no Indians.
    Favoritism.

3. "Client Support Representative II"

Former Employee - Client Support Representative II in Frisco, TX
    Former Employee - Client Support Representative II in Frisco, TX

I worked at AmerisourceBergen full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company offers great benefits, and encouraged hard working individuals to apply for new opportunities within the company as then became available. Diverse workforce created a really good working environment.

Cons

At the time, workforce management current members had difficulties structuring time-off for the Client Support Reps/Customer Service Reps due to an understaffed department. Just getting a half-day for a doctors appointment was near impossible.

Advice to Management

to make better efforts to meet time-off needs, so employees can care for the health and families.

4. "Software Engineer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at AmerisourceBergen full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits and work environment

Cons

Less career opportunities and motivations

5. "Senior Reimbursement Counselor"

Current Employee - Senior Reimbursement Counselor in Fort Mill, SC
    Current Employee - Senior Reimbursement Counselor in Fort Mill, SC

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you are an over achiever you will progress.

Cons

I have nothing to say.

6. "Shipping"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, TX

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits are fairly decent

Cons

The work week and the daily schedule could be better

Advice to Management

Newer or more updated equipment would be a great asset to the operation. Find a solution to spread the operation to 3 shifts.

7. "Accounting Systems Analyst"

Former Employee - Accounting Systems Analyst in Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Accounting Systems Analyst in Anaheim, CA

I worked at AmerisourceBergen (More than 10 years)

Pros

Working with AmerisourceBergen Corporation has been very rewarding, I would not change a thing.

Cons

I have no negative feedback to provide.

8. "ABC"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good culture. Lots of opportunity.

Cons

Lots changing with recent impacts including layoffs

Advice to Management

Not sure what advise to give to management.

"It's Decent Pay, Very Chill Environment, Mostly Professional"

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Richardson, TX

Pros

Depending on which call queue you are placed in, there's not a lot of effort required to do your job. Weekends are always off which is a great bonus for a lot of us. Only when system issues arise does the call volume shoot up. More often than not it's an average of 2-3 minutes per call. The main thing we are responsible for is checking stock on available items and reaching to confirm availability.Sometimes depending on the time of your shift, you may not get a call for a good 10 minutes. This allows a lot of downtime to work on other tasks or even browse the web. (within reason). They do believe in their employees and offer great incentives like awards for providing excellent service and going above and beyond. Also, the equipment is decent (at times slow) but more so it's nice and the workspace is nice, clean and efficient. Large food area and majority of the time there is a food truck out on the lot to eat from. They now offer hour lunches (adds 30 minutes to either the beginning or end of your set schedule) Workforce Management chooses this, unfortunately you cannot however it's way better and offers more flexibility throughout the day. Also most of the supervisors are down to earth and friendly. Senior management on sight has gotten the hint to be more receptive and offer more flexibility to the agents. This is huge compared to how it was when I first started over a year ago.

Cons

I find the most difficult things to deal with are at times are dealing with situations where there was a lack of follow-through by the previous agent who may have assisted a customer. At times this can get stressful because a representative didn't leave clear notes or sometimes management may not have caught a process issue.
    This career doesn't play around with tardies. 1 minute late, is considered a tardy so timeliness is key for your success at AmerisourceBergen.
    Management (including call center supervisors) are held to a different standard compared to the call center CARE representatives. (This is apparent when it comes to how AmerisourceBergen disciplines it's associates compared to how they "manage" their supervisors.
    Across the organization there's been what they've been calling it as "restructuring" which to them is better term that they use instead of just saying layoffs. Fortunately the CARE team isn't affected however it does change the level of security for advancements within this facility. I don't see where I could truly grow in this environment which is why I'm looking for better opportunity. If they offered it I'd probably be more inclined to stay.

Advice to Management

Work on being more diligent with how supervisors are managed. At times, I'd question the accountability that is placed on them. Supervisors can stroll in minutes late on a day to day basis where as CARE reps wouldn't even be allowed to do that. We'd be out of jobs. Also we had some supervisors who specifically ran reports to catch tardies that were not caught within a specific time. (ahem 6-7 months prior). To me this was HIGHLY petty. At one point you couldn't stop this supervisor for letting people go for tardies but now that there is more leniency, majority of the people are leaving the facility for something greater. Also, hold the supervisors to the same level of accountability that CARE reps are held too.

10. "Working at Amerisource has its pros and cons."

Former Employee - Reimbursement Counselor in Frisco, TX
    Former Employee - Reimbursement Counselor in Frisco, TX

I worked at AmerisourceBergen full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Competitive pay, great benefits and great PTO. They have a great 401k match plan and also offer stocks. The pay is level set so its usually no room for negotiating.

Cons

Lack of training in certain parts of the organization. The training department consist of 4 associates. No refresher training but they do assign mentors once you get out of training.