AmerisourceBergen Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated November 20, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

"Awesome leadership - knew how to develop teamwork"

Former Employee - RN Case Manager in Carlsbad, CA
    Former Employee - RN Case Manager in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at AmerisourceBergen full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Outstanding leadership
    Good work ethics
    Appreciation for job done well
    Transparency

Cons

Due to loss of contract with Pharm company many of us were laid off.

Advice to Management

They have it right, this was just a business fluke

2. "Call Center Assistance Manager"

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people. Others want you to succeed and upper management is generally open and willing to work to assist you.

Cons

Employees work 11:30 to 8:00 until reaching seniority.

Advice to Management

Work to expect more from contracted companies. Be open to questions; if we ask a seemingly superficial question it's because we have weighed hidden potential outcomes already. Continue to maintain open communication with representatives.

3. "Director"

Current Employee - Director in Chesterbrook, PA
    Current Employee - Director in Chesterbrook, PA

Pros

In recent years the senior leadership has made a lot of changes to position us for exceptional growth over the next few years. The new leadership team is not content with how thing used to be done. They are looking for innovation that will secure and keep our status as an industry leader.

Cons

If you don't like change, this isn't the place for you.

Advice to Management

Take care of the customer.

"Loving my new job/company!"

Pros

People; Company stability and growth and continuous expansion; challenge.

Cons

internal IT support for employees needs work - but everyone internally knows this - and the necessary changes are being put in place....so this should be fixed soon.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

"Good company"

Former Employee - Minnesota in Eden Prairie, MN
    Former Employee - Minnesota in Eden Prairie, MN

I worked at AmerisourceBergen full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits, most employees have 5 or more years experience at their jobs

Cons

Pay could be more competative

Advice to Management

Involve employees on the programs that effect their jobs to assist in a more efficient way to complete tasks

6. "Maintenance Tech."

Former Employee - Maintenance Technician
    Former Employee - Maintenance Technician

I worked at AmerisourceBergen full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really enjoyed working here. The employees are happy and upbeat and it really shows in their work. This is the direct result of the attitude of middle and upper management team members. All of whom come from the rank and file. I have rarely seen a happier workforce. This is a very large distribution center of several hundred thousand square feet. It is fast paced, but, not in a bad way. It runs like a well oiled machine I know it seems cliche but there it is. There are some orders filled during the day but its not super busy. this is where we (the maintenance staff) perform PMs on conveyor systems, stackers, De-stackers, and strapping machines. during the evening shift and on thru the morning hours, orders are filled. I left Amerisource to return to college and finish my degree. but I would certainly work there again. the benefits are spectacular as well with insurance,401k, ect...Its very hard to explain how happy everyone is and how diverse the workforce is. you will find no discrimination here Race color creed or orientation all are here.

Cons

Very odd hours, very tightly controlled access. very fast paced.

Advice to Management

Tuition reimbursment would be good.

7. "Intern"

Current Employee - Intern in Frisco, TX
    Current Employee - Intern in Frisco, TX

Pros

The people are wonderful and the pay is great.

Cons

There was no downside working here

"survey"

Pros

I like working here at amerisourcebergen

Cons

There have been too many changes here lately

"Excellent for Entry-Level, Junior, and Above"

Current Employee - SAP Basis Administrator in Chesterbrook, PA
    Current Employee - SAP Basis Administrator in Chesterbrook, PA

Pros

Entry-level and junior associates are given plenty of training, resources, and nurturing to ensure your success. You are never left alone - a mentor, a boss, a buddy is always there to help you get what you need to succeed. The only way to fail is to literally not try at all!

Compensation is market level, the 401k is good, and the benefits package is great. Any doctor or dentist will tell you that your plan is excellent!

Work-life balance is a high-priority, but there are times you must grind out the 50/60/70 hour week. This is very team-dependent, but for every long and hard week there is the occasional long team lunch, early Friday, and and standard 40 hours.

Senior management varies depending on person and department, but most people are very passionate about both ABC and developing their teams. There is a common saying that "harsh bosses do not last long at ABC" because of the culture of respect.

You will be hard pressed to find better culture and values at any company. Respect and fairness is found at all levels. Truly, we do shape healthcare for our customers, and help get patients the medication they need at a price they can afford.

In short - WORK HERE. ABC is an excellent company.

Cons

Compensation could always be a bit higher, 401k matching could be a little higher.

There is no real cafeteria, but instead there are vendors that bring food... While most people love the Chikafila vendor, it would be nice to have a real cafeteria with some hot foods available for breakfast and lunch.

Not every team has a great work-life balance, especially short-staffed IT teams. It would not hurt to identify overworked teams and hire another employee to share the load.

In short - our problems are minor, and will likely be addressed due to very receptive management... again, WORK HERE.

Advice to Management

Management has been very engaged in finding out what associates think and feel. More importantly management has been very receptive in implementing the suggestions or solving complaints. Keep up the engagement and solutions... we notice and appreciate them!

10. "Summer Intern"

Pros

The people are culture are fantastic. They are so willing to help each other and although it is a large company, it still maintains a smaller company feel.

Cons

It is tough to see/learn about other parts of the company