AmerisourceBergen Reviews | Glassdoor

AmerisourceBergen Reviews

Updated May 24, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • work/life balance does not exist (in 27 reviews)

• Long hours daily, rarely work a normal 8 hour shift (in 23 reviews)

"Former Chesterbrook employee left in 2014"

Pros

Great Co workers and Chesterbrook is convenient location for 76, 202, 30, 252 travelers.

Cons

HR leadership is horrible and unethical. Tons of unanswered formal complaints against them. IT is downsizing. There is no dining -only vending machines or food trucks. Executives disliked the location so much, they moved to a fancy office and left everyone else behind. Benefits are way too expensive if you fall between 60k and 100k per year. A lowly coordinator who makes 60k pays same as CEO for benefits.

Unless you are looking for a job in pharmacy specifically, don't work for Amerisourcebergen. The support teams (IT, L and D, HR, etc.) suffer as cost rather than profit centers.

Advice to Management

Add a gym onsite. Bring back dining room (closed for flood and never reopened)

Investigate issues in IT and HR. I hear people in HR are afraid of their bosses. People who loved their work and their job are now exceedingly unhappy. Pay attention to formal complaints.

Value the employees who work their life away to make you obscene amounts on money, ...because it doesn't feel like you do. Create some mid level manager accountability so they fully support their teams.

Fix the benefits pricing for folks who make 60k or more. Rediculous that the pricing is split at that level and not at 100k or even higher.

"Toxic Work Enviorment"

Former Employee - Reimbursement Counselor in Monroeville, PA
    Former Employee - Reimbursement Counselor in Monroeville, PA

I worked at AmerisourceBergen full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Job Stability
    beautiful work setting
    in house café
    free parking
    culturally diverse workforce

Cons

No sense of team, poor leadership skills at many leadership positions Elitist attitude of staff and managers. inconsistent application of corporate policies regarding dress code and monitoring/enforcement of productivity. Blatant disrespect my management. The corporate values are just in word, not deed

Advice to Management

mystery shop the programs by phone, and in person to see. Especially if the person is a highly capable man of color.

"How to become disillusioned"

Former Employee - Finance in New Hyde Park, NY
    Former Employee - Finance in New Hyde Park, NY

Pros

It was a job, and it was local.

Cons

Too top heavy with poor managers - who got in because of who they know, not what they know.
    Managers do not support their staff.
    Everyone out for themselves.
    Very poor morale.

Advice to Management

Train your management staff, and review them. Listen to the people who are the ones actually doing the work which sustains your company.

"Warehouse/shipping/scanning, everything..."

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at AmerisourceBergen full-time

Pros

NONE, but maybe one: The best benefits package I have ever seen, hands down. But, found out why, because the job is terrible. You also usually get two days off a week. Good luck with inventory it is all day and on your day off.

Cons

You might as well be working back 3 centuries ago building pyramids and getting whipped by task masters. WILL BE WORKED TO DEATH AND 10-12 Hour days is the NORM! None of the people are friendly cause they all hate the job, don't expect anything other...People will quit after one day to 90 days to a year. You are a number and will be treated as such. Good luck is all I have to say. If you get put in shipping, especially you will end up hating your life. Probably better off just not even bothering with this job and calling it a day. Because if this is your job for the rest of your life, or the next two years, it might as well be like living in hell. The ol saying smoke em if you got em applies here.

Advice to Management

Pay 18-25 dollars a hour, only way to get people to stay. Give all holidays off, quit making orders so huge and taking 12 hours to complete the process

"Chargeback analyst"

Pros

East schedule. Nothing else. Some of the people are nice. Good location. Quiet atmosphere

Cons

Management. Unprofessional staff. Rude, ignorant. Self centered.

"Employment opportunities"

Former Employee - MHE in Sugar Land, TX
    Former Employee - MHE in Sugar Land, TX

I worked at AmerisourceBergen full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is nothing good about this company. Everithing is a hoax. Stay away if you have a college degree.

Cons

horrible compliance. Very umprofessional, uncouth and ill prepare management. Management will not abdocate for anyone, not even for worngfull discrimination. Legal oriented and risk oriented. If you have a college degree, this company is not for you.

Advice to Management

Be more ethical, moral, and more sensitive toward MHE I and MHE II warrhouse personell.

"It's a job"

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen full-time

Pros

It's a job. Better to be working than not

Cons

Management is terrible, more worried about people's feelings than the work thats being performed. Stop hiding in your offices.
    Pay your employees the standard...

Advice to Management

Grow a pair, if your employees can't do their jobs get rid of them. Go to classes, learn how to manage. Support the people that deserve your support and cut out the idiots.. Stop hiring friends.

"Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Bruno, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Bruno, CA

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is alot of opportunity to learn on the job about specific disease states and available reimbursement.

Cons

You will not grow here unless you have an in with upper management. The current management staff is overworked and underpaid and have no motivation to go above and beyond for a client. There have been horrible stories of discrimination in this office.

Advice to Management

Hire managers from outside of the organization to change the damaged culture.

"Sr Reimbursement Counselor"

Pros

You have a job. And if you are on a pretty good team you could get OT.

Cons

It's like being in high school. They don't value good hard workers. You got to be cool with this manager or that manager to get on perm. Never work with this company again.

"Employees don't quit jobs, they quit toxic companies"

Current Employee - Business Unit Director in Conshohocken, PA
    Current Employee - Business Unit Director in Conshohocken, PA

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen full-time

Pros

As many have posted, there are absolutely no accolades with which to grace AmerisourceBergen or anyone in a senior leadership role.

Cons

This is the type of company that you run away from, make an appointment with a therapist, and undergo years of therapy to recover from what you have been put through.

Our compensation packages are market bottom; bottom of the barrel scraping poor. We cannot recruit any real talent with these salaries so we end up hiring the worst of the worst. We end up with new hires that have absolutely zero leadership skills, no chance of ever becoming leaders, yet think that the adolescent attitude that got them through high school will prevail in the corporate world. In 4 years, I have lost all of my top performers. You should see what I am left with and what I can afford to hire!

Make no mistake, the company is making money. But it is being bled dry by senior leadership. We all see the articles in the news where $2.4 billion went to buy back company shares and the next day our CEO sold over 20,000 of his company granted stock options. That's were the money is going. It is certainly not going into my business unit's budget! Simultaneously, our bonus goals are close to impossible to achieve. Good luck reaching your 40% bonus goal under these conditions! We can't motivate or engage a single associate when the company is making billions yet is being run down into a flea market type of environment.

If you have any hopes of career advancement, keep on dreaming. The only way to advance within the current state of organizational dysfunction, is to be friends with someone who can promote you or to be part of the in crowd. You will not be promoted on experience, merit, education, or hard work. None of that matters when we are all insulating ourselves with our friends to ensure that we will never be threatened by someone more competent or knowledgeable. You will only reach the point that we allow you to reach. Yes, I am guilty of that practice. But in this internal environment, that is the reality and the practice.

Not convinced yet? Then some much needed perspective follows. Look at our top competitor's website; also, look at their GlassDoor site. Notice how they are an employee centered company? Notice how they portray themselves in the corporate world completely different than AmerisourceBergen? Read their GlassDoor reviews. The differences should tell you a lot. If you are internal to the organization, take a look at our Vision, Mission, and Values. There's nothing in there about you, about providing you with a world class working environment. It is all geared towards making that last buck.

Advice to Management

At a certain point all toxic organizations reach a point of no return. We have reached that point and pushed down on the gas pedal to go deeper into the abyss. Such a shame that what was once a desirable company, has been turned into a piggy bank to make a handful of people wealthy at the expense of those whose lives we should be improving. I know that you can't tell, I am referring to improving the lives of our associates.