KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

AmerisourceBergen

Engaged Employer

AmerisourceBergen

Add a Review

AmerisourceBergen Employee Reviews about "people"

Updated Aug 11, 2022

Found 262 of over 1,731 reviews

3.8
AmerisourceBergen Chairman, President and CEO Steve Collis
Steve Collis

What people are saying about AmerisourceBergen

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of AmerisourceBergen and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "people"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company

Sep 19, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture and amazing team. Managers are very supportive. Very collaborative and are focused on innovation. Great to work for one of the biggest companies in the world that is growing.

Cons

Nothing really negative. Could have better perks for working there but other than that the work is great and the people make it all so great.

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Nice Company to Work With

Apr 26, 2021 - Business Analyst II in Chesterbrook, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Most of the people on my team were very easy to work with and friendly

Cons

This was a contract position. One person on the team did not like me and I did not get hired as a full time employee.

3. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Salaries way below industry standards

Jul 30, 2013 - Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love the people I work with, it's a stable company with large earning potential and growth, great benefits package

Cons

The goals that Senior Management set for some of the business units this year were completely unattainable causing some to not get their bonuses. People rely on the bonus to put them somewhere closer to a salary they can survive on. This company does not reward it's employees. A 2% raise on an 'Exceeds Expectations' review per year is not acceptable. People can't live on that and deal with inflation. I hear about a lot of people that are looking for either a second job or looking to leave the company completely.

2 people found this review helpful
  4. 3.0
    Former Employee

Micro-management

Apr 14, 2017 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Most of the people were great to work with and wanted to see the projects succeed.

Cons

HR and Sourcing were a revolving door while I was there. Sourcing management micro-managed the team, suppressed new ideas, and did not connect with the group at all.

3 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Financial Analyst

Feb 23, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people: Employees at ABC are very kind and open-minded. As a newer employee, associates at all levels (even senior managers and executives) are very open and willing to answer questions. They want you to learn, and they realize there is a huge learning curve. It's a very empowering work environment, and they let you go at your own pace. There is a huge push for millennial workers, and the company is eager to know how they can cater to the millennial workforce. With that being said, work/life balance is great. They are continuously trying to improve this balance, as well. The pay is satisfying, as well as bonuses, benefits, and the 401k. I was offered more than I was expecting when I was offered the job. From talks around the department, though, it's definitely an entry-level salary for the company. The company is growing rapidly and is fairly large already (Fortune 16). However, it is still being operated as if it were still a small company. There is a lot of opportunity for process improvements, developing training programs, and other projects. You can literally play a part in a huge change that the company goes through for these reasons. Exposure is huge.

Cons

Honestly, I can't think of anything negative to say about the company as a whole. The only thing I would mention is that the benefits and 401k do not start on day one of employment. They start after a full 30 days beginning on the first of the month after you are hired. Tuition reimbursement is a little over $5,000 a year.

6. 3.0
    Former Employee

Needs to fix culture

Aug 10, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good opportunities and a lot of nice people that will knowledge share. Benefits are fair. Can learn a lot but expect to work a lot also.

Cons

Incredibly toxic and competitive culture. Hires a bunch of young people and overworks them and makes them think it is normal. Compensation isn’t competitive and they are elusive and unclear about all HR processes. Needs to seriously review leadership and culture in certain groups.

5 people found this review helpful