Cover image for AmerisourceBergen
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

AmerisourceBergen Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Nov 30, 2021

Found 48 of over 2K reviews

3.7
AmerisourceBergen Chairman, President and CEO Steve Collis
Steve Collis

What people are saying about AmerisourceBergen

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of AmerisourceBergen and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

A really good company to work with.

Nov 28, 2016 - Quality Assurance Tech in Groveport, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly atmosphere. Room to grow within the company. Excellent pay, bonuses, raises and company events.

Cons

Upper management likes to implement new ideas without consulting the techs on the floor that do the job daily.

2. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Very stressful. Unrealistic expectations.

Nov 30, 2021 - Telehealth Nurse Navigator Remote
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote work is a plus.

Cons

Upper management doesn't care about employees so turnover is high.

2 people found this review helpful
  3. Join the AmerisourceBergen team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0

It's Ok

Nov 28, 2021 - Warehouse Associate in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent wage Good benefits Fair amount of PTO

Cons

Bad upper management Too focused on numbers Unrealistic expectations by certain managers

Be the first to find this review helpful
  5. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Horrible place to work

Aug 17, 2021 - Director in Memphis, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

The pay was decent. The work was relatively simple and the facility was nice. The people I worked with, my direct team were decent.

Cons

Terrible management. No sense of business or quality. They were not willing to invest in necessary improvements. Very sexist upper management with no actions taken

6. 2.0
    Current Employee

It’s an ok company. You can find better.

Feb 3, 2021 - Specialist II - Account Services in Orange, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Maybe pay, time off, work from home flexibility

Cons

No diversity, lots of favoritism, changed from hourly to salary because of overtime, no diversity in upper management, favorites are promoted, will work you to death with no reward, pay is different if you transfer internally vs if you are hired externally (employees from the outside will get paid more than you when you transfer to another department), they hire managers with no managerial experience

7. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

BEWARE the moral character of this organization is atrocious.

Oct 20, 2020 - Risk/ Compliance in Chesterbrook, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Having the opportunity to work remote during Covid. The stress I experienced pushed me to pursue and land my dream job.

Cons

Extremely Toxic Executive Management. While I've heard the phrase "work place bullying"... for the first time in my 20 years of working in a corporate environment, I experienced it first hand. The lack of integrity , transparency, and trust I experienced in such a critical part of the organization was disheartening. (READ THE OTHER REVIEWS) Team player = Must be a yes man/woman While the company townhall calls push for work life balance and self care, Sr Level Management will work you to the point of mental exhaustion, constantly reiterating; "This is not a 9-5 company". Asking for assistance with an unreasonable workload is translated as "I am not experienced enough to perform my role responsibilities" (That's until the regulators advise the same) While the company values displayed on the website is a "good read" DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT have the expectation of adherence within the Risk & Conpliance Business Areas. - Open door Policy... Don't even bother - Upper Management will take credit for hard work performed by direct reports, however lacks the ability to take ownership when he/she is the point of failure. Opportunities for career advancement, innovation are selling point (lips service) in the interview process, don't count on it. .

8. 3.0

It is what it is

Oct 19, 2020 - Benefits Verification Specialist in Fort Mill, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits, decent pay, holidays off, bonuses for going above productivity

Cons

Unstable job (unknown if you would be let go or not), disorganized management (upper management changed 3 times within a year), mandatory overtime for months.

9. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great Company, Terrible Management

Sep 1, 2020 - Warehouse Supervisor in Shakopee, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is very good for the work being done. Benefits are flat-out amazing. Decent 401k match. Lots of free meals and employee recognition. Good place to get some experience.

Cons

Upper management at the Shakopee DC has a severe nepotism problem that is readily apparent to everyone that works there but somehow escapes the notice of the regional directors. If you are not one of the "favored" you will be given an absurd amount of work that no reasonable person could complete and then terminated when you fail to accomplish it. I personally saw this happen to five other supervisors and/or managers in my time there.

2 people found this review helpful
  10. 2.0

A few bad apples

Sep 4, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

A challenging work environment, high compensation including good bonus, great benefits; mostly great co-workers - smart, hardworking, team players.

Cons

Expected to work constantly like most large corporations - on holidays, PTO, when sick. If you're being bullied by a bad manager, don't look for support. Ran into a couple of very sexist men; upper management turned a blind eye to the bullying and bad behavior because this guy brought results they wanted.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  11. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Favoritism and constant change...

Aug 21, 2019 - Customer Service Representative in Naperville, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The benefits and vacation

Cons

When I first started at the company, it was pretty decent. We had upper management that knew what they were doing. We had metrics that were normal and reasonable. Of course those people were fired and replaced with people who are...well...much less than stellar. Constant changes in rules and metrics without giving them a chance to pan out. They could not agree on a QA rubric to save their lives, for example. They claimed they cared about our customers and their patients, however they would penalize you for actually taking the time to solve customer issues. There are reps there who only take inbound calls but do nothing the customer asked- probably because they're fearful it will impact their average handle time (AHT). Yet curiously we didn't even have metrics when I left, apart from QA. So how can someone be held to a standard like AHT when there is NO standard? Unless you are a favorite, or they have to hire you for the sake of affirmative action, do not expect to get promoted or shown much mercy or favor. There are backstabbing supervisors there and some coworkers are the same.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 48 Reviews