Amerit Fleet Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Dan Williams

Pros
  • Amerit Fleet Solutions Response Sep 27, 2016 (in 10 reviews)

• Flexibility and work from home potential within department (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • No cons to share at this time - overall I have had a great experience and look forward to continuing my career with Amerit Fleet Solutions (in 7 reviews)

• There are no cons working for this company (in 8 reviews)

1. "Excellent Company"

I have been working at Amerit Fleet Solutions full-time

Pros

This is a friendly and professional company to join. I've had a great introduction into the business and especially to my team. I'd like to recognize how supportive management is; really caring about all employees.
    The office environment is great - motivated and welcoming colleagues. I've felt part of the team since day one.
    Benefits and compensation are competitive. A healthy work/life balance is promoted.

Cons

As with any growing company, it's fast paced and changing; indicates a strong business plan and long term focus.

Advice to Management

Continue your excellent work and support of teams throughout Amerit Fleet Solutions.

"Up and coming"

Current Employee - Lead Technician in Von Ormy, TX
    Current Employee - Lead Technician in Von Ormy, TX

I have been working at Amerit Fleet Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay is good and work is mainly individual person per task when it is an Amerit run shop and not a customer run shop. The good technicians are dedicated and are always willing to go the extra mile.

Cons

They way they have handles technicians when a contract has ended is very impersonal. Technicians who are losing income because they are being laid off are given very little notice especially in locations where the contracts seem to be going well. This is my 4th contract with Amerit and it was very quick notice with the previous three. They also seem to retain poor performers during the contract which I believe leaves poor taste on the customer.

Advice to Management

Offer more management training to gauge advancement and retention potential. When a contract is going poorly try to fix the issues by trimming the fat so customers see immediate improvement. Remember that actions speak louder than words and customers will focus on the continued small bad things than the continued great things we do.

3. "Recruiter's Paradise"

Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Walnut Creek, CA
    Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Walnut Creek, CA

I have been working at Amerit Fleet Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- The industry just has friendlier, more responsive candidates, period. You will build rapport with these folks, and they will be grateful that you found them something better. That is basically non existent for any other company in the Bay Area because they mostly specialize in tech candidates who have much rougher personalities.

- Compensation plan is incredibly generous. The base pay is more than you would get at any other company like this, and your monthly commissions can be anywhere from $5-15k on top of that.

-3/5 days are worked remotely at home. You are given a company phone as well.. And you'll need it because you will stay busy. The days will fly by, even at home.

-Happy hours every other week or so. Definitely a work hard, play hard culture here.

People seem to all be crazy about STEM but that last M doesn't just stand for Math, it stands for Mechanics. There is such a HUGE demand for mechanics for large companies right now. Amerit Fleet realizes this.

Cons

- The business is growing so fast that there are occasional growing pains.. like too many new devices on the wifi network, etc. Just start-up problems really.

Advice to Management

You're definitely on the right track. This business has found a very special niche and I could even see it being acquired by a tech giant wanting to own that. Shout out to Natalie in Recruiting and Amein the COO for being incredibly supportive, friendly and inspiring.

5. "Nice place"

I have been working at Amerit Fleet Solutions full-time

Pros

Friendly and supportive environment, open lines of communication with management and colleagues

Cons

As can be expected in any fast-growing company, workload intensity and urgency of tasks can fluctuate quite a bit

6. "Amazing Company!"

I have been working at Amerit Fleet Solutions full-time

Pros

AFS is a great place to work! I love the flexibility, the people, and management here. Its been such a pleasure working here. I am always recognized for my hard work and management makes you feel like your opinion matters. They help and encourage growth.

Cons

The work load is crazy because the company is growing so quick but it prepares you to be able to handle anything.

Advice to Management

COO is always involved with providing support and ensuring employee happiness. Thank you!!

May 12, 2017 – Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for the recognition and your review!

7. "Above and Beyond"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

I have been working at Amerit Fleet Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Genuinely cares for employees well being, everything that is said is in writing, paid weekly, home nightly, great pay!!!!

Cons

Growing fast, with that comes growing pains, nothing that is not taken care of!!!

Advice to Management

Stay humble and people focused. :)

May 12, 2017 – Chief Operating Officer

Thank you! We will stay humble and focused on our employees!

8. "My experience."

Current Employee - Onsite Manager in Shreveport, LA
    Current Employee - Onsite Manager in Shreveport, LA

I have been working at Amerit Fleet Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amerit Fleet Solutions is the first company that I have ever worked for where I feel like they truly care about their employees.

Cons

I haven't found any.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

May 12, 2017 – Chief Operating Officer

Thanks for the review. We do feel it's important we connect with our employees as it's only because of them we have success. We'll work hard to keep it up.

"Great Company!"

Current Employee - Lead Technician in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Lead Technician in Orange, CA

I have been working at Amerit Fleet Solutions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great pay and benefits. Lots of room for advancement if that's what you want to do. I have a great manager Sal S. is very professional and has lead me to grow alot in my role as a lead technician. I work at a large account, my primary job is to ensure our customer has safe and reliable vehicle's to use.

Cons

None. Indeed makes me write 5 words. :)

May 12, 2017 – Chief Operating Officer

Thank you so much for your review! Sal is awesome - thank you for recognizing him!

10. "Auto technician"

Current Employee - Automotive Technician in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Automotive Technician in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Amerit Fleet Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Constant pay never a shortage of work. I work with a good group of guys. Lots and lots of work.

Cons

Lots and lots of work not a lot of down time. No a/c in the shop but that's normal.

May 9, 2017 – Chief Operating Officer

Thank you so much for your review! I'm so glad to hear you work with good group of folks - that's so key!

11. "Not recommended"

Current Employee - Technician in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Technician in Houston, TX

I have been working at Amerit Fleet Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Full time work 40 hours a week

Cons

Once a contract is landed they stick people there and move on from the contract instead of focusing on customer satisfaction. Employees are stuck in one spot and never move up in the company. I've been in the same spot for well over two years and never even a phone call or email from management, most days it feels that you're forgotten.

Advice to Management

Focus on promoting from within instead of hiring from outside.
    This company needs restructuring starting at the top and working down from there.

May 12, 2017 – Chief Operating Officer

Dear Houston Technician: I'm so sorry for your experience. What you are saying is exactly the opposite of what we advocate here at AFS. You, and anyone reading this should know that a core part of ... More