Ameritech College of Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

Ameritech College of Healthcare Reviews

Found 36 reviews

2.8
Sherry Jones

"Great Organization living up to its values"

Current Employee - Executive in Draper, UT

I have been working at Ameritech College of Healthcare full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

- Competent & Caring Leadership. - People-Centric - Extraordinary work/life harmony - Strategic - Development opportunities - People and culture are one-of-a-kind

Cons

There are a few old guard faculty that can be really negative and resist change but it's not really a con.

Advice to Management

Allow the detractors to work themselves out.

Ameritech College of Healthcare2019-03-06

March 11, 2019HR Director

Thank you for the positive feedback and advice to management. We're very proud of our Total Rewards approach to employee satisfaction. We're so happy you're part of the team.

2. "Faculty"

Current Employee - Nursing Faculty in Draper, UT

I have been working at Ameritech College of Healthcare full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Faculty who care about students. Nursing program WAS great. WAS.

Cons

Stressful days for faculty who are overburdened with the number of students. Not enough clinical sites or proper clinical training for the growth. Owner is more concerned about money than training nurses properly. Faculty is NOT listened to. Basically, it’s do your job or we will find someone else. Furlough days of the past were hard but we all understood that they were needed to keep our jobs. Now we have double the...

Advice to Management

You have got to stop taking so many students! We cannot train them properly. Pay us what we deserve. We are your bread and butter!!!

Ameritech College of Healthcare2019-03-03

March 11, 2019HR Director

Please attend an employee forum and voice your issues openly. I think you will find if you connect more with leaders and peers in a positive way, most of your concerns are not warranted or in the process of being improved.

"WARNING: Steer Clear"

Current Employee - Staff in Draper, UT

I have been working at Ameritech College of Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Located off a freeway (easy access), students who are dedicated to the hard work of the program, most of the nursing faculty. You can get $50 a month paid towards student loans.

Cons

The building is not structured for a college. Parking is a nightmare. Very “top-heavy” administration and there is a high turnover of staff and other employees. Cliquish and not friendly. Very expensive to attend school if you’re a student (right around 60k for an associates degree). No raises for a long time (for faculty who do the work and teach 100 or more students in each cohort) but administration continue to get...

Advice to Management

Stop over-hiring and value the employees you have. Look at other school for examples of how to run things. Give faculty much-deserved raises.

Ameritech College of Healthcare2019-02-28

"Disorganized chaos"

Current Employee - RN, Bsn

I have been working at Ameritech College of Healthcare part-time for more than a year

Pros

Faculty & students. Students like their teachers (but not the school so much)

Cons

Inconsistency and disorganized would be two words I would use to describe this college. It's hard to determine who is in charge or worth trusting. Very cliquish. Faculty isn't given enough training or resources for example, Faculty isn't given adequate preparation time before the start of the new semester, whether its didactic or clinical courses. so they have to spend a lot of outside time trying to get their courses...

Advice to Management

Not that anyone will listen BUT gather up our clinical team and listen. We are worried about what is going on and we hear it out in the clinical sites from students and the hospitals and facilities. You preach about communication and transparency but we are still waiting for it from your end. Show some recognition for all faculty since clinical does a lot for the school too. Convince us that we aren't going to have to...

Ameritech College of Healthcare2019-01-11

February 5, 2019HR Director

Thank you for your review. We're sorry to read your feelings, it seems there are some old wounds addressed here, not the worries of a new employee. I have data to show you and some vision to share if you can stop by my office. I'd like to address your issues personally.

"Great Vision For the Future"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Pros

Supportive leadership; Ability to move up; Caring about students and staff/faculty, not just in the here and now, but in preparing for the future; Big picture thinking and positive vision.

Cons

A lot of changes that I think will ultimately lead to a great program and place to work but there have been some bumps along the way. Those that don't have as much resilience may struggle more but things are settling down.

Advice to Management

Don't let the long term goals distract from the short term wins.

Ameritech College of Healthcare2018-10-30

November 1, 2018HR Director

Thank you for your positive feedback! It is nice to see an employee connect vision to job satisfaction. You are supported, there are future opportunities, and we will make sure you have the resources to succeed.

"Great Decision to Come Aboard"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Pros

What impresses me the most about Ameritech is the high level of education, experience, and natural talent of my coworkers. On top of that, they are an incredibly nice group of people. The more people I get to know, the more I realize what a privilege it is to work here. I'm happy. I feel trusted and empowered to do my job and make a positive impact.

Cons

The college has grown a lot, even in the few months I have been here, and few people are having a hard time adjusting to change.

Advice to Management

Thanks for all you do. Continue to help people feel valued and appreciated. Be persistent in the vision and strategy for the future, people are getting excited around here!

Ameritech College of Healthcare2018-10-17

"Own our Future"

I have been working at Ameritech College of Healthcare full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Love the new leadership at Ameritech. There have been different types of leaders in the past, but the Owner has found the right people to lead. Not only are they keeping the high quality education the community expects from our students, but creating a future that is full of excitement and opportunity the like of which I have never seen during my many many many years at Ameritech. I love working here and tell myself how...

Cons

There have been growing pains with the vast amount of growth in the RN enrollments, but I feel that they are being handled in the right way.

Advice to Management

Keep bringing in amazing and qualified talent to fill these new positions.

Ameritech College of Healthcare2018-10-17

October 22, 2018HR Director

Thank you for the positive feedback! It means so much to hear from employees who understand how Ameritech's student-centered approach also benefits their work experience.

"Middle Management"

I worked at Ameritech College of Healthcare full-time

Pros

Helping people to become nurses, which will help more people.

Cons

New management is unethical and is not providing proper training required as directed by accreditated bodies.

Advice to Management

Provide true clinical rotations for future nurses and not just simulations. People lives will be in your students hands, which hands are not properly trained.

Ameritech College of Healthcare2018-11-17

November 19, 2018HR Director

Thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear your views regarding the preparedness of our graduates. For over a decade, Ameritech has produced skilled, successful, and sought-after nurses. It's what we're best known for. Accordingly, we welcome all feedback, especially from former ...

"RIP Ameritech"

I worked at Ameritech College of Healthcare full-time

Pros

This school used to be about community and producing caring, holistic nurses. Amazing instructors if they stay after the changes being made.

Cons

The school is shifting its brand into a strict, formal, impersonal institution. Faculty does not support the shift, but must follow to keep their employment.

Advice to Management

Treat student as students, not children. Try a little harder to at least pretend you are not only in this for sheer profit. Turn this around before it’s too late.

Ameritech College of Healthcare2018-09-05

"Great Place to Work and Go to School"

Pros

Excellent student outcomes Management that challenges and appreciates you Competitive pay and good benefits Fun group of people passionate about students

Cons

There has been a lot of change lately, which some will see as a negative even though college is growing and heading in the right direction.

Ameritech College of Healthcare2018-07-11