Amica Insurance Reviews

3.4
Amica Insurance President, CEO and Director Robert A. DiMuccio
Robert A. DiMuccio
Pros
Cons
  • "They don't actually care about having front line support representatives having a work life balance(in 18 reviews)

• "Call center environment which slowly evolved to a(in 18 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Couldn’t be happier"

Current Employee - National Service Representative III in Spokane Valley, WA

I have been working at Amica Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love what I do. Clearly management and Amica care about its employees and customers. Lots of contests and games to keep things fun. Management comes in on major holidays to cook for us.

Cons

Tech is on the slow side, but Amica is getting there.

December 13, 2019Amica Insurance

Thank you for your review! We%E2%80%99re glad to hear you feel this way about Amica, and we%E2%80%99re happy that you%E2%80%99re enjoying your job and the company%E2%80%99s holiday meals. If you%E2%80%99d like to share additional feedback with us directly, please email us at employeefeedback@amica.com. Thank you again!

2. "Associate Adjuster"

Current Employee - Associate Claims Adjuster

I have been working at Amica Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great employee benefits, Offers long term career within company, Amazing training, Relocation benefits

Cons

Company cars are required for this position and can impact monthly income

December 13, 2019Amica Insurance

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and are glad to hear you%E2%80%99re happy with the training and company benefits. We review our total rewards package on a consistent basis to ensure that we balance pay and benefits. This includes examining the usage of and need for company cars. However, if you%E2%80%99d like to discuss this with us further, we%E2%80%99d welcome the opportunity to speak with you. Please email us at employeefeedback@amica.com and we%E2%80%99ll get in touch with you directly. Thank you!

3. "Best interview process!"

Current Employee - Assistant Account Representative in Lake Oswego, OR

I have been working at Amica Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

I learned a lot from Amica during the interview process. All managers and recruiters were very knowledgeable and friendly. Excellent benefits and wonderful company culture! Great experience.

Cons

Nothing but a very positive experience. Definitely recommend.

June 23, 2020Amica Insurance

Thanks so much for your review and recommendation of Amica! We’re glad that you experienced a smooth onboarding process, and we appreciate the kind comments about our managers, recruiters and company culture. Thanks again, and welcome to the company!

4. "Best Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster

I have been working at Amica Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing benefits Great coworkers Opportunity for growth

Cons

Lower salary, but the benefits make up for it

June 12, 2020Amica Insurance

Thank you for your five-star review! We appreciate the feedback you shared about your coworkers, the benefits and opportunities for growth at Amica. Thank you again for your recommendation.

5. "Enjoyed my time one of the best places I had worked. Great people"

Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in East Providence, RI

I worked at Amica Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great People, very skilled, excellent work environment

Cons

Only used at the time Assembler Programming Language

June 11, 2020Amica Insurance

Thank you for your five-star review and recommendation! We’re glad to hear that you experienced an excellent work environment during your time with Amica, and we appreciate the kind words. At Amica, we’re always re-evaluating the technology we use, and we are actively moving from Assembler. We are excited about all the modern technologies we continue to use such as Java, ReactJS, Guidewire, Salesforce and Cloud architectures. Thank you again for your review and this feedback and please continue to monitor our career page for opportunities in technology at Amica!

6. "Great Pay"

Current Employee - FNOL Representative

I have been working at Amica Insurance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent benefits Earned time available Generous vacation time given Paid double time when working holidays

Cons

Culture needs to be more friendly. Front line employees need to be appreciated not by words only but action too. Upper management need to inspire, encourage, and motivate the people who work under them. Promotions need to be more consistant across the board.

June 16, 2020Amica Insurance

Thank you for your review and the feedback you provided. Your comments about Amica’s culture and management are concerning to us as our company’s culture and employees are so important to us. Could you please email us at employeefeedback@amica.com so we can better understand these concerns and address them? Thank you.

7. "Great culture, people, benefits!"

Current Employee - Associate Account Manager

I have been working at Amica Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

- The company culture is a breathe of fresh air - The benefits are superb - Higher-ups are ghosts who give demands, they engage with employees on all levels - Great career path opportunities - Great relocation benefits

Cons

- The company isn't the biggest so it seems like everyone can know your business in an instant so you need to be careful, however this applies to any company.

May 13, 2020Amica Insurance

Thank you for the five-star review! We’re happy that you’ve had a great experience at Amica, and we appreciate the comments about our company culture, benefits and career opportunities. We always appreciate receiving feedback from our employees. If you have any feedback you’d like to share with us directly, please email us at employeefeedback@amica.com. Thank you.

8. "Employee Appreciation and they care"

4.0
    Former Employee - Insurance Account Representative

I worked at Amica Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits, Pay, Time Off, Management, Invest in employees and their own company, strong roots, for the customer, management support

Cons

A little bit stressful at times, but customer service can be so keep that in mind.

May 12, 2020Amica Insurance

Thank you for your review and recommendation of Amica! We appreciate your kind comments, and we’re glad to hear that you enjoyed the benefits, management and other aspects of our company. Thank you again for all the feedback.

9. "Great company, at headquarters"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lincoln, RI

I worked at Amica Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

teamwork, praised for good work, lots of help if needed

Cons

Work life balance, poor communication between higher ups and management

May 6, 2020Amica Insurance

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your recommendation and the comments you shared about teamwork and recognition. We also appreciate you taking the time to leave this review, and we’re always listening to the feedback that our former and current employees share. If you’d like to talk with us further regarding your concerns and advice, we’d like the opportunity to discuss them with you. If you’re interested, please email us at employeefeedback@amica.com. Thank you.

10. "Great Place"

I worked at Amica Insurance full-time

Pros

Great place that cares about their employees

Cons

No cons to note at this time.

April 10, 2020Amica Insurance

Thank you for your review! We appreciate you taking the time to share these kind words about Amica.

Found 367 reviews