KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Amica Insurance President, CEO and Director Robert A. DiMuccio
Robert A. DiMuccio

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Poor management; No upward movement available; behind the industry in products.(in 32 reviews)
  • "In addition pay low IT salaries in comparison to a 45min drive up to Boston area.(in 24 reviews)
  • "Managers have watched reps get competitive salary boost year after year (randomly throughout the years too!!).(in 21 reviews)
  • "The company tends to do business 'old school' and there are a lot of pretentious meetings and dinners with upper management in which they take your feedback, but not much is done to solve the problems voiced by the staff.(in 14 reviews)
  • "Salaries are low and difficult to survive on.(in 13 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Amica Insurance and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee
    Featured Review

Great place to work with lots of opportunities to grow.

May 31, 2022 - Anonymous Current Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Exceptional 401k papackage. Strong devotion to developing employees. Fantastic bonus structure. Fair annual merit increases. Generous vacation package. I have worked for Amica a number of years and in a number of different roles. There were roles that I liked, roles that I hated, and roles that I thoroughly enjoyed. each role I have been in has helped me hone and develop my skills. The opportunity to grow is there, you just have to be aware of potential career paths. Your best path may not always be in your current department. Be conscious of choke points, tenured employees typically hold onto their positions, making it difficult to achieve your personal growth goals if you plan to stay in one office/department. Amica is a large company with openings all over the country. Take advantage of lateral moves if they will challenge and grow you. There are extremely talented managers working at Amica, find them and learn from them. If you show devotion and williness to learn most will happily take you under their wing. External classes are offered through industry leaders like AMA and IMS.

Cons

Workload can be high at times. Pay could be increased across the board.

2 people found this review helpful

Amica Insurance

Thanks so much for the five-star review! We appreciate you taking the time to share this great feedback about your time at Amica, and we’re happy that you enjoy the company’s benefits, 401k package, and opportunities for growth. Please know that we’re always listening and we truly value the feedback our employees share with us. If you have any comments you’d like to send us directly, please don’t hesitate to email us at employeefeedback@amica.com.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing Culture and Career Growth Opportunities

Jun 29, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work life balance Great support system Amazing people

Cons

Slow to change Different departments have different rules for promotions

3. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Burn Out and Misery

Jun 14, 2022 - Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Health benifits Success sharing Air conditioner

Cons

****they are struggling to hire and keep employees for a reason**** Under pay Long hours Subjective promotions Little ability for advancement

10 people found this review helpful

Amica Insurance

We’re sorry to hear you feel this way about your time at Amica, and we’re concerned about some of the comments you shared. Feedback from our current and former employees helps us make decisions about the future of Amica, and we welcome you to get in touch with us at employeefeedback@amica.com so we can learn more. Thank you.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Outstanding employer - hope to retire here

Jun 29, 2022 - Human Resources in Lincoln, RI
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Incredible growth opportunities -Caring / empathetic leadership -Pay and benefits package -Amazing retirement benefits -Too many pros to list. Company really cares about its employees. As long as you work hard and put in the effort, you will do very well here.

Cons

I say this somewhat jokingly, but something has to be done about the break room coffee. For us Rhode Islanders, it's practically undrinkable.

5. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

What was once a great place to work, isn’t.

Jun 25, 2022 - Senior Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Success Sharing and some benefits

Cons

Micromanaging, micromanaging, and more micromanaging with a sprinkle of never ending changes.

4 people found this review helpful

Amica Insurance

Thank you for your review. Please know that we truly do care about our employees and the feedback that they share with us. Although you are no longer with the company, we’d welcome the opportunity to speak with you and learn more about your experience so that we can continue making Amica a great place to work. If you’re interested, please email us at employeefeedback@amica.com. Thank you.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Celebrating 35 years at Amica

Jun 23, 2022 - Human Resources Officer in Philadelphia, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

You don't stay at Amica 35 years by accident. Great place to work for many, many reasons including these: - Caring/family atmosphere - Feel respected and valued which starts at the top with Senior Management - You matter - Your voice is heard - Great benefits and pay - Amica celebrates a lot of paid holidays - Work/Life balance - Allowed some work from home days

Cons

I'm not saying Amica is perfect, as no place is perfect, but I can't think of a negative of working here.

Amica Insurance

Thanks so much taking the time to share this five-star review and recommendation! We’re happy to hear that, after 35 years at Amica, you continue to find it to be a great place to work with great benefits. Thank you again for your honest feedback!

7. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Downhill fast

Jun 23, 2022 - Customer Service Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits , long time customers and coworkers

Cons

Amica has lost its warm customer service feel. Long time insureds with many books of business no longer feel appreciated. Amica is now more interested in micro managing employees than retaining them or customers. Amica implements to many new things at once which is extremely overwhelming and no longer worth the pay. The expectations now give employees anxiety which is why probably at least 35% of the staff has left the company. It's sad and a shame as I used to be so proud to say amica was my employer.

4 people found this review helpful

Amica Insurance

Thank you for you review and honest feedback. We’re always listening, and feedback from our employees continues to help us make Amica a great place to work. Because of this, we would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your comments with you directly. Could you please email us at employeefeedback@amica.com so we can learn more? Thank you.

8. 1.0
    Former Employee

micromanagement and sales pressure

Jun 2, 2022 - Customer Service Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

friendly coworkers, our customers are the cream of the crop

Cons

Micromanagment. Lots of pressure to sell, sell, sell even though we are service reps. Management expects us to grill customers who call to cancel in the hopes we can save their account by telling them about our great " longevity and excellent customer service" however, our customers are leaving us because our rates are high. In this economy all the customer service in the world won't save a customer who can get the same policy for less money. This company used to be a great place to work where reps could take good care of customers. Now we are just micromanaged and nagged to sell life insurance, umbrellas and other lines. If you don't like selling avoid taking a customer service position with this co.

13 people found this review helpful

Amica Insurance

Thank you for your review. The feedback we receive from our employees helps us continue to make Amica a great place to work, so we’d like the opportunity to learn from you directly. Could you please email us at employeefeedback@amica.com so we can set up some time to discuss your experience? Thank you.

9. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

This ship is sinking fast!

Jun 12, 2022 -  in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The benefits are very good!

Cons

The work load is insane. You are burdened with sales goals no matter if you're on a specialized team or not. Also with the continued high attrition rate, everyone who is trying to remain a dedicated employee is now tasked with the work of those who left. Those who are left are hanging on by a thin string. This Rob Peter to pay Paul mentality is not substanable. Customers are complaining as they're noticing the drop in customer service due to loss of staff and employee burnout.

11 people found this review helpful

Amica Insurance

We appreciate your honesty and taking the time to share. You may be aware that we are hiring across multiple locations to help ease the workload for our employees. We are also encouraging our employees to refer great candidates through our employee referral program. The feedback we receive from our employees helps us continue to make Amica a great place to work, so we’d like the opportunity to learn from you directly. Could you please email us at employeefeedback@amica.com so we can set up some time to discuss your experience? Thank you.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Company, Rushed Training

Mar 3, 2022 - Associate Account Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Great Management who provide transparent feedback. -Decent starting salary -paid training and licensing

Cons

-job recently became significantly more tedious due to recent changes post pandemic. -not competitive with other work at home insurance employers

3 people found this review helpful

Amica Insurance

Thank you for the five-star review and recommendation. We appreciate all of the feedback you shared in your review as well. Please know that were always listening to our employees, and we’ll keep your comments in mind as we continue to make decisions about what is best for our customers and our employees. If you’d like to offer any additional feedback to us directly, please feel free to email us at employeefeedback@amica.com. Thank you.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 650 Reviews

Amica Insurance Reviews FAQs

Amica Insurance has an overall rating of 3.2 out of 5, based on over 678 reviews left anonymously by employees. 54% of employees would recommend working at Amica Insurance to a friend and 39% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -20% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Amica Insurance employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Amica Insurance. This rating has decreased by -11% over the last 12 months.

54% of Amica Insurance employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Amica Insurance 3.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 2.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Amica Insurance to be career development, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be culture, compensation, management.

Popular Careers with Amica Insurance Job Seekers