KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Updated Jun 4, 2021

4.0
Amica Insurance President, CEO and Director Robert A. DiMuccio
Robert A. DiMuccio
Pros
  • "Great benefits including lots of time off(in 58 reviews)

• "Great work place and good benefits(in 44 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work Life Balance - it no longer exist(in 19 reviews)

• "Low pay and a lot of bad politics(in 14 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Wonderful

Mar 27, 2021 - Associate Sales Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fair, pleasant, supportive, uplifting, benefits, family bonding time,

Cons

None. They are very good at what they do and how they treat their work family.

Amica Insurance

Thank you for the five-star review and all of your kind words! We appreciate your recommendation and the feedback you shared about your experience at Amica. Thanks again!

2. 5.0

Amazing place to work

May 7, 2021 - Sales Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are phenomenal and leadership so helpful

Cons

Limited growth unless you’re willing to relocate

Amica Insurance

Thank you for your five-star review and recommendation of Amica! We’re happy that you’re finding our benefits to be phenomenal and our leadership helpful. If you have any additional feedback you’d like to share with us, please feel free to email us directly at employeefeedback@amica.com. Thank you again!

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Culture, People and Benefits

Jun 2, 2021 - Account Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, everyone does their part to make you feel like you are apart of the Amica family. The benefits are also very good especially the 401k. Large relocation programs and good work life balance. Company spends a lot to develop their people through various programs and trainings.

Cons

Pay is a little on the lower side but is made up for with the good work life balance and benefits.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Amazing Culture

May 21, 2021 - Claims Service Representative in East Hartford, CT
      Business Outlook

Pros

From birth announcements to losses of family members, Amica really encourages their employees to share the joys and challenges of life with each other, making it a really welcoming and warm environment.

Cons

It's difficult to say. There are a lot of positive changes in the works currently, especially when it comes to work from home flexibility. Hopefully things continue to move in a positive direction.

Amica Insurance

Thank you for the five-star review! Your recommendation is appreciated, and we’re happy that you’ve found Amica’s company culture to be so supportive. We appreciate the feedback you shared as well, and if you’d like to offer any additional comments about your experience at Amica, we welcome you to email us at employeefeedback@amica.com. Thank you again!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Wonderful working and team environment

Jun 2, 2021 - Senior IT Developer in Lincoln, RI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Teamwork, Have chance to try and learn new things. Everything is perfect!

Cons

No for now, everything is great!

Amica Insurance

Thank you for your five-star review and recommendation! It’s so great to hear that you’ve been having a great experience at Amica, and we appreciate you taking the time to share these kind words. Thanks again!

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company, Hard Work

Mar 23, 2021 - Claims Service Representative in Sugar Land, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, great schedule, fun perks, company gives back a great deal to charity

Cons

Sometimes micromanaged, salary not competitive, often feel under-appreciated, no real room for growth, workload in region was far more than company average yet same output expected, sometimes use of paid sick leave and PTO is counted against you for promotion and raises

2 people found this review helpful

Amica Insurance

Thank you for your review and the feedback you shared about Amica. We appreciate your recognition of Amica’s benefits, along with the value that we place on our community and the communities of our employees. We value the thoughts and feedback shared by our employees. If you’d like to get in touch with us regarding your thoughts on opportunities for growth, workload or management, please email us at employeefeedback@amica.com.

7. 2.0

Burned out and fed up

Mar 11, 2021 - Claims
      Business Outlook

Pros

They are reasonable with settling claims for their customers. Benefits are pretty decent. My immediate supervisors are great and want me to succeed.

Cons

Work life balance is getting worse with these new "verticals." More and more is being expected of us to do to cram in a 7.5 hour work day than we can possibly do. We try not to cut corners, but when you have to get written permission to work any overtime and overtime is frowned upon what can a person do? Amica thinks that because claims are down due to Covid, there is no need to high more staff to replace those who left. Upper management seems to manage their business solely from looking at a printed report rather than what is really going on in their branches and in the lives of their staff. I miss the days when you have a branch manager who knows you and can see what you do each day. Heck, we hardly know our coworkers anymore and seems like a new name is seen each transferred phone call. I don't see an improvement with the verticals, I see a downgrade in many areas.

4 people found this review helpful

Amica Insurance

Thank you for your review. If you’d like the opportunity to discuss your concerns about Claims’ verticals, overtime or staffing with us directly, please feel free to email us at employeefeedback@amica.com so we can learn more. Thanks again.

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Benefits, A Lot of Work

Apr 11, 2021 - Property Adjuster in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Every benefit you can imagine and some you've never heard of (health, dental, vision, legal, disability, life, 401K contribution and matching, tuition reimbursement, adoption reimbursement, etc.), funded relocation programs and training. They are very committed to helping their employees advance and move around within the company, though you may have to relocate for each transfer/promotion. Everyone I've worked with has been very nice and all of my supervisors have been enthusiastically helpful. Adjusters get a company car and the company will pay for your internet since this position mostly works from home and performs inspections. Amica is very committed to providing a positive customer experience, which means you are encouraged to pay as many claims as possible. This makes for a lot of happy customers and not as many angry people to deal with. It's very satisfying to be able to help and pay people all day. Once you're fully trained, you get a lot of independence on making coverage decisions, payments, etc. which makes the work more satisfying and more efficient. You don't really have "coworkers" in this position, and instead mostly interact with customers, vendors, and you supervisor, but everyone you meet at the company is very nice. During the FLP training program, you will definitely make friends because Amica hires for personality, so you're likely to get along with most of your class. I would recommend this job to any friend that needs a secure job with great benefits and is willing to relocate.

Cons

As an adjuster, the workload is quite overwhelming and requires a lot of changing gears throughout the day, as you may work in up to 20 different files per day. Also, when you take sick days or vacation, they will stop giving you NEW claims, but no one is going to pick up on the claims you already have. The result is every time you are sick or on vacation, you will come back to a mountain of backlog work, angry customers that want calls back, and will be behind and over worked for quite a while. Also the technology you use will be quite buggy (to varying degrees) and sometimes there are things the technology can't do that you really feel it should (uploading photos, for example.) This job requires that you be able to carry a ladder of either 25 or 75 pounds (there are 2 types) and climb on a roof, though they won't tell you this until the 4th week of training. This is an ADA issue and I don't know why they said there were no physical requirements during the interview when there most definitely were. This was a shock to everyone in my class when it was announced. Most transfers/promotions (especially into internal positions or out of claims/sales) require moving since the company is quite small, and many positions are only available in Rhode Island.

3 people found this review helpful

Amica Insurance

Thank you for your review and recommendation! We appreciate you taking the time to share the great feedback about our benefits, the Future Leaders Program and Amica’s company culture. We are in the process of onboarding a group of property adjusters and we’re continuing to interview and hire in locations where our needs are. Regarding your concerns about the job description and hiring process, please know that Amica fully complies with the ADA and asks all employees to help us in our efforts. If you feel you have a disability requiring accommodation, please advise your manager or the HR department. Alternatively, you can send us an email at employeefeedback@amica.com if there’s something we can do to assist you. Thank you.

9. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Great Company - Talented Staff

May 10, 2021 - Senior IT Professional
      Business Outlook

Pros

Reasonable workweek and expectations. Training available as needed. Most employees are professional and hard working. Benefits and ability for a work/life balance are excellent.

Cons

Newer processes are creating significant "overhead" outside of actual task completion which can be time consuming and cumbersome.

Amica Insurance

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your experience at Amica! We’re happy to hear these kind words about our benefits, training and work-life balance . We appreciate your review and recommendation, and we’re interested in hearing more about the feedback you shared. Could you please email us at employeefeedback@amica.com so we can get in touch about the processes you found time-consuming while working here? Any information you can provide would be appreciated. Thank you.

10. 4.0

Great Company

May 21, 2021 - Senior Claims Representative in Duncan, SC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great hours and holidays. The benefits are awesome!

Cons

No room for advancement unless you have a degree and are mobile.

Amica Insurance

Thank you for your review! We’re glad that you’re enjoying the benefits of working at Amica. Please know that we are currently finalizing our updated career lattices and will be sharing information on them soon. We appreciate your feedback about opportunities for growth at our company as well. Thank you again.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 468 Reviews