Amobee "long hours" Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Amobee Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated Dec 5, 2019

3.7
Amobee CEO Kim Reed Perell
Kim Reed Perell
Pros
  • "great people: also has team & company activities - even volunteering(in 18 reviews)

• "Offices aspire to support work-life balance (esp when not end of quarter) and generally have a great vibe(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "Expect to put in long hours at times and a fast rate of change, but you will be working with great people(in 16 reviews)

• "The upper management & executive team could be a lot better(in 10 reviews)

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Solid Tech, Talented Team, Well-Backed"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Amobee full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

TV is a major focus – Amobee has the right tech and assets to lead the future in the TV/digital convergence.

Cons

Expect hard work and long hours, but you will be working with some really great people.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in tech and people

Amobee2019-12-05

"Great People, Great Tech, Great Opportunity, Making the Right Moves"

Current Employee - Manager in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Amobee full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing tech and people - enormous opportunities in figuring out TV and the convergence of TV and digital and having the tech to do so (which we now have with Videology) . Without the broadcaster and supply piece of linear TV, other DSPs will simply not have an offering that can compete on Amobee's level. Very smart, hard working team. The vast majority of the people at Amobee are happy and positive, but the... changes of the company and the acquisitions have challenged some (what I would call a vocal minority), which is why I think the surprising cast of some of the reviews on Glassdoor. The company is making the right moves to eradicate this and I do believe we have the right strategy, right tech stack and excellent tech team, amazing leadership with execs from great companies (IBM, Apple, Walmart Labs etc) plus the backing of one of the largest telcos - which in adtech, is really everything as you need to be willing to continue to invest in tech and acquire tech to win.

Cons

Expect to put in long hours at times and a fast rate of change, but you will be working with great people.

Advice to Management

Very proud of our support and advocacy for women in tech and leadership and a CEO who leads by example. Amobee has acquired some great people and technology, but with it brought some negative tonality (understandably with acquisition and changing environment), continue to focus on ensuring the right people are here for the right reasons - TO WIN - and work in the spirit of collaboration.

Amobee2019-03-21

"I have been with Amobee for 8+ years and have seen many exciting changes during that time."

Current Employee - Sales and Business Development Representative

I have been working at Amobee full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

We have an amazing technology and coupled with some key acquisitions we are positioned to win now, and in the future. Our executive team clearly has a strong vision and an unwavering commitment to see it through. We have a strong team coupled with great benefits and great office perks.

Cons

Long hours are required – so prepare. What got us here today will not get us there tomorrow so you must adapt to the ever-changing marketplace. Additionally, with acquisitions comes job redundancy therefore naturally leading to turnover.

Advice to Management

Keep innovating Focus on employees and culture Retain the best talent TV is huge – focus on it

Amobee2019-04-04

"Work hard play hard"

I have been working at Amobee full-time

Pros

great work environment and learned a lot

Cons

long hours to get the work done.

Amobee2019-02-08

"Great Culture & Opportunities to Grow"

I have been working at Amobee full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Amobee’s culture is what drew me in most and I’ve met some of my best life-long friends here. There’s a very prevalent work hard, play hard mentality and you’ll thrive if you’re a self-starter with strong initiative. Amobee’s omni channel presence also offers the unique ability to gain experience in different departments/aspects of adtech for those who are interested. Other pros: - Management does not... micromanage, most are offered autonomy if you can establish your work ethic. - Benefits: Medical, dental, 401K, pet insurance, etc. - Stocked kitchens. - Highly engaged and motivated coworkers.

Cons

- You must be willing to put in long hours (work hard/play hard). - Limited vertical growth abilities across some departments, though anticipating this to change with new opportunities due to recent acquisitions.

Advice to Management

- Continue to hold monthly All-Hands meetings, the insight/transparency is appreciated. - Continue to invest/expand our People/HR team, exciting changes ahead.

Amobee2018-12-07

"Great Company, Highly Recommend!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Amobee full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Leadership is transparent with where we are going and how to get there Upper to middle management is strong Office culture is outstanding! Plenty of opportunity to showcase talents Pay is on par with expectations

Cons

Long hours, but to be expected in this line of work

Advice to Management

Keep up with the transparency, it is greatly appreciated!

Amobee2017-08-22

"Only as a Last Resort to break into Industry"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at Amobee full-time for more than a year

Pros

Worked here for two years. Barely anything positive to say about this place. Somewhat frequent company outings and relaxed culture (agency lifestyle).

Cons

-Poor middle to upper management. -Silo mentality within a small space (literally and metaphorically) -Below competitive salaries -Long hours -Low quality ad tech -Very limited growth potential Within ad operations team, you are expected to stay in your lane within the assembly line, rather than becoming a well-rounded marketer. Would only recommend using the opportunity as a last resort stepping stone.

Advice to Management

Leave.

Amobee2017-07-20

"Solid Company for Entry Level Professionals"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in San Diego, CA

I worked at Amobee full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Company LOVES their employees - Recreation center (Ping Pong, PS4, TV) - Friendly people & staff

Cons

- More of a job for recent graduates / entry level professionals - No 401k Match, decent benefits - Long hours majority of the work week

Amobee2016-11-01

"Seasoned Veteran"

Marketing Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Amobee

Pros

Great culture. Good work life balance, not perfect. Pay is great, but ultimately you get paid what you ask. A lot of learning opportunities, be proactive and you will gain a ton of experience and knowledge of the digital ad space.

Cons

Long Hours. Not a lot of opportunity to improve position. There is a lot of upper management, so it is difficult to move up the ranks.

Amobee2016-09-30

"Horrible..Stay far Away..."

I worked at Amobee full-time for less than a year

Pros

Hmmmm...Lets just say free food and drinks. Not too many because this place is horrible.

Cons

Terrible Management Terrible training for new hires Disorganized processes Work Load for a certain department is far too heavy Leave work late hours and expect to receive emails on weekends. This company gas openly said "Everything is Trial and Error", this is a public company saying this. Favoritism. Sales team members lack communication skills with other team members Sales treats team members like their... personal assistant. Amobee overall is horrible company very disorganized and does not care to think since the acquisition how to inter work teams to be one. Too many pointless leaders who are not familiar with many processes. Worst decision I ever made working for Amobee, the worst. I suggest people stay far away unless you like a clueless management, disorganization, beyond long hours. Under staffed Pay is decent but when you take in consideration all the long hours it is not worth it at all. Its so bad that we have had too many team members quit.

Advice to Management

Stop and restructure the entire business. start with account management and sales.

Amobee2015-04-05