Amobee "upper management" Reviews | Glassdoor

Amobee Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Nov 13, 2019

3.7
Amobee CEO Kim Reed Perell
Kim Reed Perell
Pros
  • "great people: also has team & company activities - even volunteering(in 18 reviews)

• "Offices aspire to support work-life balance (esp when not end of quarter) and generally have a great vibe(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "Expect to put in long hours at times and a fast rate of change, but you will be working with great people(in 16 reviews)

• "The upper management & executive team could be a lot better(in 10 reviews)

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews

"Trusting Managers - Provides Room for Creativity"

I have been working at Amobee full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company appears to put a lot of money into "culture" events. Fun and easygoing co-workers. Sweet office and LOTS of food. Trusting managers that don't micromanage (I'm sure this differs between departments).

Cons

A clear divide between upper management and entry-level employees - seems like there is a huge pay gap. Some people complain that it is cliquey. Slow processes with certain "required" approvals. Top people are slow to make announcements/ changes which leads to stagnation and frustration.

Amobee2019-04-02

"Great Employees; So-So upper management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Amobee full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The individual employees who are working the trenches are great people, and want to do the right thing. There are always outliers to that statement, but that's true of every company. Lots of the individual offices have a pretty good culture of having fun. (The culture of work is completely different). Many of the managers/senior managers are decent, but they have to do more with less.

Cons

The upper management & executive team could be a lot better. They expect you to do "More With Less" and work "More efficiently" -- they can't or won't fill job reqs if someone leaves unless you're in certain KEY areas like engineering. There's a lot of date driven work from upper management, instead of actually taking the time to do something RIGHT, so instead, shortcuts solutions are more often the norm than not, then they fix it later. So, lots of technical debt in engineering and frustration from customers. Also, they can't or won't hire senior people. Is this a matter of just can't afford it? Or won't afford it? There's lots of people where this is their 1st or 2nd job or who are about "mid-level". People come here to get some work experience then go on to greener pastures with better compensation packages. Then there are those who rise to their level of incompetence and then STAY there. The CEO is akin to the cheerleader who shows up to the quarterly games rooting for the team...all fluff, no substance. It's painful to watch her during meetings.

Amobee2019-11-13

"Could be great, but own worst enemy."

I worked at Amobee full-time for more than a year

Pros

Tons of financial support from parent company to acquire products via specialized companies. Lots of toys for clients to utilize and seems like further acquisitions will happen to strengthen complete offering. The people in the trenches are amazing, and work very hard to help each other when possible.

Cons

Incredibly disorganized, frat house+hunger games culture promoted from the top, and an immature, misguided, bloated executive team. I watched my manager suffer and fail because of horrendous upper management and their evil culture preferences.

Amobee2019-01-22

"Only as a Last Resort to break into Industry"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at Amobee full-time for more than a year

Pros

Worked here for two years. Barely anything positive to say about this place. Somewhat frequent company outings and relaxed culture (agency lifestyle).

Cons

-Poor middle to upper management. -Silo mentality within a small space (literally and metaphorically) -Below competitive salaries -Long hours -Low quality ad tech -Very limited growth potential Within ad operations team, you are expected to stay in your lane within the assembly line, rather than becoming a well-rounded marketer. Would only recommend using the opportunity as a last resort stepping stone.

Amobee2017-07-20

"Seasoned Veteran"

Marketing Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Amobee

Pros

Great culture. Good work life balance, not perfect. Pay is great, but ultimately you get paid what you ask. A lot of learning opportunities, be proactive and you will gain a ton of experience and knowledge of the digital ad space.

Cons

Long Hours. Not a lot of opportunity to improve position. There is a lot of upper management, so it is difficult to move up the ranks.

Amobee2016-09-30

"Needs a lot of work"

in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Amobee

Pros

The people who were hired at around the same time as I was created a family. Yes it was like a clique but it was the only way we felt like we mattered as middle management is still so young and had their own clique. Great kitchen, always stocked. A lot of social events to keep us happy (or sedated). The President and CEO are great!

Cons

Overworked and underpaid/unappreciated. Literally the only thing that got me through working there were the (false) promises my manager consistently made me and my wonderful teammates. The managers are young and act like workhorses; they are not taught to LEAD and INSPIRE but to keep their young entry-level workers spinning the hamster wheel. They play favorites and expect complete perfection after the first few months. You think that HR is on your side but they quickly take the side of the supervisor and stick us back in our place. After that, we are constantly under a microscope which leads every tiny thing to be seen as a mistake. Another huge con for me was feeling the complete disconnect between all of the offices and SAAS initiatives, especially being on the Operations side in SD. The only times we heard about it were when upper management would come to the office or on a company-wide call to reinforce all the "great things we're doing everywhere!".

Amobee2016-01-07

"Overall great place"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Amobee full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Tons of internal mobility, they love promoting from within but also have big employee outside referral program - Very flexible with hours, travel and work from home schedules, more so than most companies - Great HR policies and benefit package - Compensation is fair, with many opportunities for performance based bonuses and annual increases

Cons

- Upper management sometimes stretched too thin, not always available - Company is very spread out, lots of offices in different cities (and countries), making interoffice communication very difficult at times

Amobee2015-06-05

"Total disconnect between management and the "worker bees"."

I worked at Amobee full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great hires made working with the people there a pleasant experience. Also, employees are given a good amount of autonomy.

Cons

Upper management very obviously did not care about the success of the company and very rarely interfaced with the employees. Shady deals and acquisitions only contributed to a sense that the executives were simply trying to cash out.

Amobee2015-01-19

"Account Manager"

in Sydney

I have been working at Amobee

Pros

- Great team culture, however overall company culture could be improved and be more integrated. - Flat structure that encourage collaboration. - Great people and working relationships.

Cons

- Amobee offers a diverse range of product and serving offerings, acting as both a publisher (media owner to specific Amobee products such as Brand Intelligence) and an agency (mobile agency to large media agencies and in house agency for Optus). Lack of focus on proper execution and ongoing change management, can be confusing for people within Amobee as well as our clients. - Lots of upper management, hence limited opportunities for promotion or moving up the ladder which can be demotivating. - Limited structure across teams, similar titles across teams that have very different job responsibilities. - Constant changes and ongoing acquisitions and mergers, which can be a good thing!

Amobee2017-05-27

"An ok place to work"

Former Employee - Senior Technical Writer in Rehovot

I worked at Amobee full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Very good fringe benefits, like the well stocked kitchenette and lunch budget, monthly prize wheel spin and more. Good people.

Cons

A bit too many seemingly arbitrary decisions and changes at the upper management level. Feels like a ship with a faulty rudder

Amobee2016-05-01