Amoria Bond Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor

Amoria Bond Consultant Reviews

Updated Jun 25, 2019

Found 26 reviews

4.1
Amoria Bond CEO Adam Standley, Matthew Roebuck, Ian Cross (no image)
Adam Standley, Matthew Roebuck, Ian Cross
  1. "Worth experience ever"

Former Contractor - IT-Consultant

I worked at Amoria Bond for less than a year

Pros

Honestly nothing. I can't say anything positive about it

Cons

The recruiter that worked with was extremely rude and he also lied to me multiple times. The payments were really bad like almost 45 days after the invoice and there was no reply to the emails and followups

Advice to Management

Don't work with this company at all, that's my only advice and also if you don't have any other choice be aware that their rates is much lover that the market rate because they take easily 30% of the money.

Amoria Bond2019-06-25

"One Of The Best Choices Of My Life"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Amsterdam

I have been working at Amoria Bond full-time for less than a year

Pros

- A place where you can develop yourself both personally and professionally - Great company culture with great people who work hard and are always in for a laugh - The commission scheme is incredible - You learn to make the most out of your days - You learn to run and take responsibility for your own business and network - Great guidance and mentorship, lots of time invested in trainings - Great company... trips! - Honestly, the office feels like home and my colleagues feel like family. Combined with otherwise nearly-impossible financial prospects, the choice to work here has been one of the best choices of my life!

Cons

- The hours are "long" if you have a 9-5 mindset and are unwilling to put in the work necessary to achieve your goals. But if you know want you want and why you want it, this is the place for you!

Advice to Management

Keep fostering this positive environment as the company continues to grow. The culture is one of my favorite things about this place! More options to work remotely after working hours would be nice.

Amoria Bond2019-01-23
  3. "Great company to grow your skills and earnings"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Amsterdam

I worked at Amoria Bond full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great training program that brings a rookie from zero to proper business consultant. Good incentives that keep you going. Uncapped earning potential with a commission scheme that’s the best in the industry. Multiple career paths. Great facilities, including pool table and PS4. Special people in this company, from management, to rookies to office manager.

Cons

Culture is not for everyone if you aren’t there for materialistic gains or partying. However they do accept you for who you are. The steep growth curve does level off after a couple of years if you don’t choose the management path.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Amoria Bond2018-11-29

"Ambitious and supportive company"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Amsterdam

I have been working at Amoria Bond full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I am in my third year at Amoria Bond and I experienced a positive encouraging work environment, excellent atmosphere between colleagues and very good personal and professional growth opportunities. Both new employees and long term consultants are supported extensively through internal as well as external trainings by professional coaches and motivational speakers. The incentives provided are achievable and... provide extra motivation and the commission scheme is excellent for the industry.

Cons

Ambition breeds hard work and that is the case with Amoria Bond. Long work hours and some weekend work is part of the job, but on the other hand gets recognised and rewarded. The overall expectations are high, but are also well communicated before and during the on-boarding process of new employees.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Amoria Bond2018-05-01
  5. "No work life balance. The AB way or the highway."

Former Employee - Consultant in Amsterdam

I worked at Amoria Bond full-time for less than a year

Pros

Experienced collegues who guide you and from who you learn a lot. Good commision scheme. Holiday trips when you hit your targets

Cons

Training program is just a online course No room for personal interests. When you are at work you dont get to talk about anything else but work.

Advice to Management

The work life balance has to be upgraded. Especially with the growth you want to achieve. This Will cause more employees to stay for a longer period of time.

Amoria Bond2018-04-23

"Great company"

Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Manchester, England

I worked at Amoria Bond full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked at Amoria Bond for 3 years, it was a great place to work positive environment, great people and fantastic incentives

Cons

It's long hours but you are made aware of this, I think the basic wage could be higher as you progress but the commission is very good

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Amoria Bond2017-09-28

"Great place to achieve goals !"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at Amoria Bond full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great place to work. - They are very goal orientated. Management do goal setting sessions and external speakers are brought in to motivate the sales team. I started as a graduate and through working at Amoria Bond for 3 years I have managed to achieve several of my goals including buying a house, an Audi A5, an £8k motorcycle, visiting Florence, Rome, Venice, Ibiza, Africa, Greece, 4x Hugo boss suits etc. -... Incentives are unbeatable: I've been taken to Las Vegas, Ibiza, Amsterdam, Germany. I've eaten in the nicest restaurants in Manchester, drove a BMW 318i company car, cash and prize bonuses etc. - Everyone in the team gets on well as I believe in a positive culture is promoted from the top downwards. So nights out and the Xmas parties are always great too! - Very good coaching and training, both internal and external staff, desk coaching, classroom based training, role plays etc. You are encouraged and helped to keep 'sharpening your tools' whatever stage of your career you're in which is good for people who feel personal and professional development is important.

Cons

Many people complain about the hours and weekends you are 'expected' to work. But, you should know what you're getting yourself into before you start in recruitment, even more so when you're applying for a high achieving company like Amoria Bond, and if you're not prepared to put in the time and effort to achieve whatever your goals might be then it's probably not the right career for you anyway.

Advice to Management

A suggestion would be even though it's a sales based role, continue to heavily reward the highest billers but also reward/acknowledge the consultants that are grafting the hardest but aren't quite there yet to ensure they don't get demotivated as I've seen this happen a few times too. Inevitably some consultants are going to get easier rides than others with there being big accounts across the offices, so I think... rewarding the input i.e. Time, effort, focus, resilience etc is important as well as rewarding the output i.e. CSFs, deals etc.

Amoria Bond2017-09-27

"Office politics x100 at Amoria Bond Manchester"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Manchester, England

I worked at Amoria Bond full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good location/office Ok basic salary

Cons

Lack of management skills - one of the directors there was really in appropriate in certain ways. Put it this way HR would have a field day. But if you like not having a work life balance (now at a rec company where I get to leave at 5:30pm and where they really care for their staffs well being) or if you're looking for somewhere where drama and office politics are a regular occurance then this is the place for you.

Advice to Management

It's not all about numbers, need to work smarter. Look after staff (not in booze trips like always) esp mental health. Managers to improve their people skills - recruitment companies now a days are coming away from the aggressive angle.

Amoria Bond2017-06-06

"Great company"

Current Employee - Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at Amoria Bond full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing support and training. Unrivalled commission package. Family atmosphere. Great people.

Cons

Long hours that are needed in order to be successful. The only con is seeing other people achieve whilst you are still learning your trade!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and keep investing in good people!

Amoria Bond2016-10-07

"Excellent Learning School Sales Recruitment Professionals"

Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Amsterdam

I worked at Amoria Bond full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Amoria Bond provides a very structured way of working in which you can grow rapidly in the company, and become an excellent sales professional. They focus heavily on progressing you as an individual, and learning new skills which benefit you professionally. One of the biggest strenghts is the Learning and Development, and the knowledge they have about Recruitment. Performance and personal development is key, and... rewards are high. The focus on KPIs gives a good insight in what you need to improve, and what your strong points are. Excellent environment to go above and beyond!

Cons

The role requires long working hours.

Amoria Bond2016-09-22