Amoria Bond Reviews | Glassdoor

Amoria Bond Reviews

Updated Sep 12, 2019

Found 59 reviews

4.2
Amoria Bond CEO Adam Standley, Matthew Roebuck, Ian Cross (no image)
Adam Standley, Matthew Roebuck, Ian Cross

"Great Colleagues"

I worked at Amoria Bond full-time

Pros

- Great people - Good Money (long term)

Cons

It needs to be a lifestyle that really suits you- long hours/repetitive work

Advice to Management

Communication

Amoria Bond2018-03-31

"Great company"

Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Manchester, England

I worked at Amoria Bond full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked at Amoria Bond for 3 years, it was a great place to work positive environment, great people and fantastic incentives

Cons

It's long hours but you are made aware of this, I think the basic wage could be higher as you progress but the commission is very good

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Amoria Bond2017-09-28

"Consultant"

I worked at Amoria Bond full-time

Pros

good culture, traning program is pretty helpful

Cons

long working hours , less work life balance

Amoria Bond2017-10-12

"Great place to achieve goals !"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at Amoria Bond full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great place to work. - They are very goal orientated. Management do goal setting sessions and external speakers are brought in to motivate the sales team. I started as a graduate and through working at Amoria Bond for 3 years I have managed to achieve several of my goals including buying a house, an Audi A5, an £8k motorcycle, visiting Florence, Rome, Venice, Ibiza, Africa, Greece, 4x Hugo boss suits etc. -... Incentives are unbeatable: I've been taken to Las Vegas, Ibiza, Amsterdam, Germany. I've eaten in the nicest restaurants in Manchester, drove a BMW 318i company car, cash and prize bonuses etc. - Everyone in the team gets on well as I believe in a positive culture is promoted from the top downwards. So nights out and the Xmas parties are always great too! - Very good coaching and training, both internal and external staff, desk coaching, classroom based training, role plays etc. You are encouraged and helped to keep 'sharpening your tools' whatever stage of your career you're in which is good for people who feel personal and professional development is important.

Cons

Many people complain about the hours and weekends you are 'expected' to work. But, you should know what you're getting yourself into before you start in recruitment, even more so when you're applying for a high achieving company like Amoria Bond, and if you're not prepared to put in the time and effort to achieve whatever your goals might be then it's probably not the right career for you anyway.

Advice to Management

A suggestion would be even though it's a sales based role, continue to heavily reward the highest billers but also reward/acknowledge the consultants that are grafting the hardest but aren't quite there yet to ensure they don't get demotivated as I've seen this happen a few times too. Inevitably some consultants are going to get easier rides than others with there being big accounts across the offices, so I think... rewarding the input i.e. Time, effort, focus, resilience etc is important as well as rewarding the output i.e. CSFs, deals etc.

Amoria Bond2017-09-27

"Very good company to work for"

I have been working at Amoria Bond full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

team and environment, benefits, career opportunities, trainings

Cons

not really anything to complain, communication can alawys be better home office at time would be nice

Advice to Management

improve communication to employees

Amoria Bond2017-06-09

"Amoria Bond"

I have been working at Amoria Bond full-time

Pros

Working for a company that supports your career development, feeling part of a team and considering your colleague as your friends

Cons

Would like to have more opportunity for home working

Amoria Bond2017-06-07

"Senior Recruitment Consultant"

I worked at Amoria Bond full-time for less than a year

Pros

None-hated every minute of this place. Horrible dark office where the equipment is so bad that they had to prop up the computer screens using a large stack of mouse mats. I got miss-sold /lied into taking this job-as they told me that they are so amazing that they don't work at rates lower than 25%. Low and behold I join and get invited to a conference call with a client with fees at 10%. They say they have an... amazing commission structure but it's only good if you and consistently billing high numbers-which hardly anyone was. So the % commission being earned was actually far lower than at other firms. I joined just after another guy had started and watched as they bullied and micromanaged him. Even though I was a senior consultant and a top biller at my previous company-I was micromanaged too so much that I had to be careful how long I took in the bathroom. Seriously not a good place.

Cons

Horrible management who rinse their staff of all energy and confidence. They keep saying that they have a low turnover-I'm guessing they are lieing about that too as most people I knew back when I worked there are no longer there.

Advice to Management

Not wasting my breath.

Amoria Bond2017-06-29
  8. "good comissionscheme for hard-core sales people"

in Amsterdam

I worked at Amoria Bond

Pros

very good commission scheme Lunchclub Holidaytargets to Dubai, Las Vegas, Ibiza..

Cons

bad work-life-balance you have to put in the hours and you have to work from 8:30 - 5:30 no flexibility fixum not very high

Advice to Management

invest in your employees more open communication

Amoria Bond2017-06-04

"Office politics x100 at Amoria Bond Manchester"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Manchester, England

I worked at Amoria Bond full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good location/office Ok basic salary

Cons

Lack of management skills - one of the directors there was really in appropriate in certain ways. Put it this way HR would have a field day. But if you like not having a work life balance (now at a rec company where I get to leave at 5:30pm and where they really care for their staffs well being) or if you're looking for somewhere where drama and office politics are a regular occurance then this is the place for you.

Advice to Management

It's not all about numbers, need to work smarter. Look after staff (not in booze trips like always) esp mental health. Managers to improve their people skills - recruitment companies now a days are coming away from the aggressive angle.

Amoria Bond2017-06-06

"CMMS Engineer"

I have been working at Amoria Bond full-time

Pros

Warm Environment, Wonderful Team Work, Medical (in and out patient)

Cons

The Salary is low Unfortunately

Advice to Management

Increase Salaries to retain People

Amoria Bond2016-11-27