Cover image for Amp Exposure

The latest conversations about Advertising

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Such a positive work environment!(in 3 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

AVOID IF ALL POSSIBLE

Feb 14, 2021 - Marketing Associate in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

It was a job regardless of how short it was. If you are college graduate who majored in theater, marketing, or business and are very good at sales, then this may be the ideal job for you. If now, AVOID AT ALL COST.

Cons

You will be expected to work between 40 to 50 hours with 8 hours of class every week meaning that you you will spend a total of 12 hours a day at this job. You will be up at 5:00A.M. in the morning to get read to go to work and beat the Orlando traffic to make it at the home office for your mandatory 8:00A.M. business class in professional business dress attire but will be expected to meet with your colleagues by 7:00A.M. coffee at Starbucks for coffee. You must be at your sales site between 10:00A.M. and check in to listen to your online sales business meeting either by the time you reach your destination that could be up to an hour away or sign on once you reach your destination. You also have to set up your display table, make sure you have everything you need, do your call in, take photos, and run around running sales like a maniac, all while wearing business clothes at which if you need to change, you must do so either in your car or a public bathroom. You are expected to work all the way to 8:00P.M. or later all while NEVER GETTING TO TAKE A LUNCH BREAK. The company will tell you that you will get 4x 15 minute breaks which are all a lie because they want you to push sales a hard as you can. Once you are burnt out and have not more in you at the end of the day, you pretty much eat dinner and go straight to bed as you have no energy left only to get up 6 hours later to do it all over again. Also, you get 1 to NO days off per week. You are also doing this for ONLY $10.00 per hour though the promise you over time of ANY work done after an 8 hour shift or after working 40 hours a week but this company will NEVER pay you overtime. As for the classes, they are meant to give you false hope only to keep you making sales until you cannot take the job any more in which you are let go or quit and a much fresh young college graduate with lots of energy takes your place until the same happens to them. You have been warned.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

awful

Oct 10, 2020 - Brand Ambassador in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

nothing is good here, beware.

Cons

everything you could think of.

3. Join the Amp Exposure team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 1.0
    Current Employee

PR Intern *

Sep 17, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

None Absolutely None No Pros

Cons

Worst job ever. Applied online thinking It was PR Role. It is just selling pillows in front of a Sams Clubs. I applied before I graduated college. Very fraudulent company do not work here if you respect yourself.

5. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

The other reviews are correct

Apr 20, 2018 - Brand Ambassador in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Can't really think of any

Cons

standing for long hours Morning meetings everyday that seem cult-like you don't get paid until 2 weeks after your event ends (12 day events) It's called marketing but it's really sales (you are rewarded for sales)

4 people found this review helpful

President

We are sorry your experience with Amp was not a positive one and we are excited to take your perspective and make potential changes to the training and position. We are very transparent in explaining that our firm drives results for our clients in both sales and marketing. We wish you the best of luck in future endeavors and thank you again for your perspective.

6. 1.0
    Former Employee

Save yourself and continue on

Feb 14, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people are motivated until they realize they have been had.

Cons

Everything. This place is a rotating door of deer eyed does. Save yourself a month of self hate and a sad empty space on your resume. Leaving Amp was the best day of my life, a little of my lost soul came back. Even now I as write this, my blood is boiling like Phosgene at 47 degrees Fahrenheit. Instead of punishing yourself with this job do any of the following: hang out at the DMV, drive with no AC during the summer, tongue punch a hot iron, or give yourself paper-cuts under your nails.

10 people found this review helpful

President

Thank you for your feedback about our motivating people. We are sorry to hear that your experience was less than satisfactory. Our company provides a management in training program that includes growth opportunities, travel perks, networking opportunities, and much more. Our goal is to continue to grow our management team with sharp individuals who share our core values of team work, integrity, and continual professional growth.

7. 1.0

Scam

Jan 23, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I'm required to write five words here, there are no pros.

Cons

You get fast-talked during the interview and everything seems too good to be true because it is. The job is basically you standing at a booth at either Sam's Club or Costco selling products.

5 people found this review helpful

President

Thank you for your feedback. Amp Exposure serves high-end boutique clientele with live events that engage customers in real-time experiences. With our strategies we reach our clients ROI continuously. We strive to have a team that works hard each day for their clients. We are sorry you did not see the great opportunity in our business model.

8. 5.0
    Former Employee

Best job, best people, best experience

Dec 18, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Such a positive work environment! The team is really built around making sure you succeed. Personal and professional development is really high on the list of priorities and this job will make you a better person overall.

Cons

It is not for the faint of heart. You will be surrounded by people devoted to making themselves better everyday, and as they say you are whom you hang out with. If you have no interest in finding your highest potential then this opportunity really isn’t for you.

4 people found this review helpful
  9. 4.0
    Current Employee

Fun and profitable

Nov 27, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fast Paced, Money increase is based on you.

Cons

Company is designed to challenge its employees to help them grow.

2 people found this review helpful
  10. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Fast Paced

Oct 24, 2017 - Event Manager in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Growth is defined by you, Lots of direct sales experience

Cons

Very time consuming, some may not be able to keep up

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

AMP Exposure Exposed

Oct 3, 2017 - Event Management in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

AMP Exposure is a marketing firm that has set-up a MIT program to train and develop managers in a year or less. It is an intensive program that teaches marketing skill-sets and strategies, how to coach and develop mentality as a business owner and manager, how to over see and manage multiple events across a large demographic, and the ins and outs of running a business.

Cons

Condensing a 3-5yr corporate track to management into a year makes this MIT program very intensive. Although a person is coached and mentored every step of the way, many people are not willing to apply themselves and make the necessary adjustments that it takes to become a manager. This program is more than rewarding for its challenges but ultimately people back down from the challenge.

2 people found this review helpful