KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Amphion Medical Solutions Reviews

Updated Apr 4, 2018

Found 48 of over 51 reviews

2.7
Amphion Medical Solutions Chairman and Co-founder Mike Cavill (no image)
Mike Cavill
Pros
  • "Steady work, hourly pay (not Per Diem), promote from within, work from home, helpful supervisors, flexible schedule(in 8 reviews)

• "flexible schedule(in 3 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The way they grade errors is based on line count of report, a little screwy(in 7 reviews)

• "I left due to the low pay scale(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Employement

Apr 9, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Environment, plenty of work, plenty of coder education

Cons

NO cons for me, all around great place!

Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

very unsatisfied

Nov 10, 2015 -  in Mentor, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Ability to work at home.

Cons

When I was hired, the recruiter made it sound like I could pretty much come and go as I pleased, leaving to run errands or going to lunch, as long as your hours were worked for that day. Not true! I have now been placed on a cancellation list at my doctor's because my supervisor did not approve my leaving for an appointment that I should have known to schedule outside of work hours. They are now requiring mandatory "overtime" because of the huge backlog. This is 1 additional hour required each day, but cannot go over 40 hours a week. There are requests for people to work "extra". every weekend. This is all paid at regular compensation. So what is the incentive? There are NO paid holidays unless they are counting that you are scheduled to work that day & will get paid if there is any work that day. Never know how my supervisor is going to respond. She is either very understanding and helpful, or she is demeaning and curt. When asked a question, she tells you to look it up in the account instructions. QA is either sloppy or extremely picky. They also are big in furthering your career but will not take any time to answer questions or explain the steps to do this. Again, just visit a website or look it up somewhere.

5 people found this review helpful

Amphion Medical Solutions Response

Talent Acquisition Manager

We are sorry that you had this experience. However, Amphion only hires employee status and schedules are approved at the time of hire. You are expected to work your schedule unless you have the time approved off. You wouldn't just run out the door when something came up if you worked in-house at a hospital or doctors office. It is common sense to let someone know you need to leave, so we can make sure we are getting our client's work completed in the proper turn-around-time.

3. 4.0

Coding Specialist

Jan 28, 2018 - Medical Coder
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked for iMedx (formerly Amphion) for over 2 yrs now and I have been extremely happy with them. Wonderful people that support you and know how to work as a team. I hope to stay with them for as long as possible. Although it seems that work is running low, which might soon leave me without a job. I'll be very disappointed if I have to leave and work anywhere else. They pay is good in comparison to most companies and there is PTO, holidays & health benefits.

Cons

Health benefits are very expensive and not much options. Frequently go through slow periods where there is little to no work. But they try very hard to get you a back up account to work in, which helps a lot. My only really "con" is poor communication. I often won't get replies from management or team lead and feel like I'm left to figure things out on my own. There will be changes made, but no one communicates it.... so you end up finding out by by happenstance. I didn't used to be this way when it was Amphion.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    4. 2.0
      Current Employee

Disappointing, I was not told by the recruiter when I was initially hired that pay per line was without spaces, headers.

Feb 8, 2015 - Medical Language Specialist in Miami, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very nice to work from home.

Cons

Very difficult to meet line count. It is required that you maintain a minimum line count to accrue PTO and maintain health benefits. I hardly ever met the minimum line account, so consequently did not ever earn PTO. I was there for 9 months. My supervisor was nasty. If she could communicate in a nice way, that would have been fine, but she seemed to choose to be confrontational on everything, just not nice. Just her nature I guess. When I was initially hired 9 months ago, plenty of work on my account with mandatory OT. Since November, lots of out of work and low work situations with no clear explanation why; just told this will probably last for several more weeks? I wonder what they base this projection on?

2 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0

I work for Amphion Medical Solutions

Jul 19, 2013 - MT/Editor
      Business Outlook

Pros

They are exactly what they said they would be going into the position. I received documentation to explain everything, and the support here is exceptional. My manager gets back to me in a timely manner and is very personable. The pay is comparable to other jobs I've had and the platform I work on is easy to use.

Cons

I had to get used to working one weekend day, but now really like having a day off during the week to do errands and make appointments.

3 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0

Great place to work

Sep 22, 2012 - Medical Transcriptionist in Madison, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is good compared to other companies, lots of support for learning new accounts, paid downtime for training or when their system is down.

Cons

Yes, you don't get paid when there's no work, BUT, almost all companies that pay by production are like that. Amphion at least tries to move accounts around or train you on another account so it doesn't happen as often. I've been here 2 years and I've been out of work maybe only a dozen times in 2 years. Yes, you will work holidays, but the transcription world doesn't sleep, i.e. doctors dictate 24 hours a day and thus someone has to transcribe 24 hours a day.

1 person found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Pros

Always work, OT is available, great benefits, growth opportunities, great communication. Friendly, supportive staff who answers questions and emails quickly. they never leave you hanging, and if they don't know the answer, they will find someone who does!

Cons

Pay could be better but benefits and PTO is great. Having to work one weekend day and holidays.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Senior Reviewer

Nov 18, 2015 - Senior Reviewer in Madison, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

great support from managers and education team. Internal coding hotline for I-10 questions. Paid for downtime. They promote from within so you have a career path if you want to move up.

Cons

Not being able to work in an office with the others, but that's true with any remote position

9. 1.0
      Current Employee

Would not work here full time...

Jul 2, 2015 - MLS
      Business Outlook

Pros

Manager/co-workers nice. They don't penalize your pay for mistakes. Platform not bad.

Cons

Inconsistency in QA, pay low, frequently OOW on primary, no pay for spaces and headers/footers which affects your overall pay, difficult to make lines with wacky calculation method, tons of account info sheets to weed through which really slows you down and constant account information changes to keep track of. They can't correct any documents once delivered. Hate having to stay on IM through entire shift.

10. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Medical Transcription/Editor

Aug 14, 2015 - Medical Language Specialist in Gainesville, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I had an amazing experience here. I had some personal issues which is why I am no longer with this company, but all of my supervisors were very nice and super helpful. The way they run the company is super fair, they don't punish you for sending things to QA like many other companies do and their quality requirement is fair.

Cons

I didn't really have any bad experiences with this company.

3 people found this review helpful