Amplifi Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Amplifi President & CEO Corey Mellick
Corey Mellick

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "I honestly work with a great group of people" (in 2 reviews)

• "Leadership is accessible, willing to listen, and adapt" (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • "ecommerce shop with little to no regards for employees" (in 3 reviews)

1. "Most diverse place I've ever worked"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Amplifi full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I honestly work with a great group of people. Leadership is accessible and inclusive, I love that everyone on the executive team knows everyone at the company by name. The person I report to is hands down my favorite manager in my career. I feel valued, trusted, and supported. The people I work with are sharp, dedicated, and willing to go the extra mile to help one another. Everyone works hard but everyone has a great time together as well.

One night, we were all out having dinner with our Executive team and someone stopped me to ask if we were coworkers. I told her yes and she remarked with surprise "I have never seen such a diverse group of people who work together!" I told her "I've never worked with such a diverse group of people". It truly is a diverse group and I think that's what makes it so amazing to work here.

Company culture is great!

Cons

The company has been around for a while, however, because of a focus pivot our, so sort of in start-up mode. If you come from a Big 4 consulting firm or any major corp, you'll note that some of the standardization and process aren't yet in place. For me, that's actually exciting as that means I get to help build these things and have a hand in what this company becomes.

"Architect"

I worked at Amplifi full-time

Pros

Good for learning ecommece implementation

Cons

ecommerce shop with little to no regards for employees.

"Started Off Like A Delorean & Ended Like a Microsoft Zune"

I worked at Amplifi full-time

Pros

Before leadership spent our bonuses philandering around the country and wasting it on "toys" (until the last year or two), the pay was good.

Cons

This place started off kind of cool and like the industry's Delorean (kind of futuristic but destined for failure). We had lots of bright people around us. We were innovative at first and could deliver more projects successfully than anyone in the ecommerce industry. However, deep down and underneath the hood of something cool lay surprise after surprise, failure. Like Miami Vice's Don Johnson at the proverbial wheel we were plagued by bad acting, poor leadership, a worse spray tan, but no mullet.

I always thought people were supposed to grow up. I guess I was wrong. I've never seen leadership at a company act so immature, hypocritical and waste so much potential.

More than one acquisition was blown due to inept and immature leadership. Now the ecommerce market is riddled with successful acquisitions. How does that sit with you? It sure doesn't sit well with the rest of the talent you wasted and took advantage of over the years.

You tried to pump a last breath of funding into building a Hybris practice, but you were a little late to the market, much like the Microsoft Zune. Now India shut down and so has all but few employees and 1-2 clients with headquarters (if those are even still billing).

Advice to Management

Stop preaching hypocritical and spiritual views to the public. You've acted far from what a Christian and spiritual person should act like in life. A 1994, neck tight sea shell necklace with a cross on it, bought from Cancun does not admonish you from repercussions of your actions.

If you decide to start another company I hope you have learned a lesson or two, but I highly doubt that will be the case.

"Erratic Leadership Team, Poor Technical Expertise"

I worked at Amplifi full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay and overall comp was fairly decent.

Cons

The leadership team was often erratic, and continuously misled clients, employees and prospective employees. I was lied to about the amount of deals in the pipeline, the number of full time consultants vs. contractors, and about key aspects of how the delivery function was managed. Poor technical consultants delivered poor work, and led to unhappy customers.

"Good, Then Bad."

Former Employee - Technical Architect in Addison, TX
    Former Employee - Technical Architect in Addison, TX

I worked at Amplifi full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I joined in 2010, and to be honest, it was fantastic. Great pay, wonderful people, lots of energy, great projects - names like Fox Racing, and Jenny Craig, and Conde Nast - wonderful for a guy's resume, right? I got promoted, raises, nice bonuses - good perks, benefits, etc. Was treated very good.

Cons

Over time, the executive team started to believe their built-up stories... we were spending waaaay too much, and not making enough. Too many give-backs, low quality delivery, frustrated clients, no innovation. Then the first round of layoffs - I was spared, but got a bad taste in my mouth. I left a short while after this. From what I hear, they've lost all but one or two clients, and are hemorrhaging employees. None of the quality people I used to work with there are left - they've all been let go.

Advice to Management

Just be honest. To your clients, to your employees - to yourselves. Deep down, you're really nice people - hard working, and knowledgeable - you don't have to make stuff up to be liked.

6. "BA"

I worked at Amplifi full-time

Pros

Great people to work with, flexible, good benefits.

Cons

Too many bad executive decisions that cost a lot of people their jobs.

Advice to Management

Have a backup plan! People depend on you to make the right decisions.

"Something else"

Pros

Good people, some days were more fun than other days. Culture was neat and office was cool. That's the most there is to say though.

Cons

Where to start: even though there was many fun things to do there's also many cons that comes to a company like this, business at a slow and worry of another downfall.

8. "ATG"

Pros

Super cool office,well established
    A great place to learn

Cons

Sometimes its very less work,would get bored

"Unclear"

Pros

Energy and drive was often inspiring

Cons

Focus and consistency of delivery.
    Investment in tools and process.

"Seeing no future"

Former Employee - ATG Technical Lead in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - ATG Technical Lead in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Amplifi full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work from home was the largest advantage; you don't need to travel to the clients, which is a big thing for me. Also there WERE some great developers there.

Cons

In general the company is going downside. Not sure if it will rise some day but unless the leaders know their directions and hire smart people instead of letting them go.