Amplifon Americas Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Amplifon Americas Executive Vice President Americas Marc Lundeberg
Marc Lundeberg

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Company and Fantastic Coworkers"

Current Employee - Lead Accountant in Plymouth, MN
    Current Employee - Lead Accountant in Plymouth, MN

I have been working at Amplifon Americas full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The team at Amplifon has been great to work with very helpful coworkers and knowledge sharing has made the start to my career path here very bright.

Cons

Some of the processes are very manual at the present time. So looking forward to the challenge of improving these processes and gaining efficiencies to help the company and team in the future.

Advice to Management

Additional departmental scheduled trainings with different teams and team members might help jump start improvements that would benefit multiple groups. The colors training done for all new hires was incredible and very insightful for how to work with the other team members here at Amplifon keep this up and getting all the AmpliFam through this training.

Aug 1, 2018

"Some very manual processes", indeed! That is the brutal fact that we still have to face "at present time" across several parts in the organization. In fact, as (y)our CEO, I often adress this even... More

2. "The accounting department was not easy to work for,no clear job description."

I worked at Amplifon Americas full-time

Pros

None can’t think of any

Cons

Turnover is very high ....

Jul 25, 2018 – AVP Accounting & Treasury

Thanks for leaving feedback about your time working at Amplifon. Our organization is going through some exciting changes; sometimes that means that job duties flex and the work is different than it... More

3. "Great Employer!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MN

I have been working at Amplifon Americas full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing opportunities for growth within the company, management/leadership actually CARES and LISTENS to what you personally think and feel. I personally have never worked for a company that valued each individual employee as much as this company does. We have equal opportunites to coworkers in our departments, bi-weekly one-on-ones with our direct supervisors, attainable commission goals that can be achieved within the first few months of working here, monthly team meetings, and a caring and genuine culture of people who want to help others. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to those looking for a company to learn and grow with.

Cons

This is a personal pro for me, but there is a lot of change in this company... but without change, we can't grow - we become stagnant. I see the changes leading us to further developing our employees, our customers, and our brand.

Advice to Management

Continue developing new efficiencies for departments in need of some change and challenge your driven employees to help (or even move) departments outside of their own.

Jun 11, 2018

What an amazing review! THANK YOU! As your CEO, to hear that you feel listened to & cared for, is a BIG thing. Especially, in times of strong growth and rapid change (which you rightly highlight as a... More

"Impressed!"

Current Employee - Vice President Senior Business Leader in Plymouth, MN
    Current Employee - Vice President Senior Business Leader in Plymouth, MN

I have been working at Amplifon Americas full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is my first week at Amplifon and the onboarding process has been one of the best I have experienced in my career. They put a lot of thought into the process and the welcome has exceeded my expectations. I can't wait for week 2!

Cons

Nothing so far and I am looking forward to moving to our new location in Downtown Minneapolis!

Advice to Management

Keep up the GREAT job!

May 8, 2018

How rewarding it is to read such positive feedback...! THANK YOU! As the CEO of AMPLIFON AMERICAS I am super happy to hear this; especially, as we continue to hire as we grow and, especially, as the... More

5. "Run! Don’t work here."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MN

I worked at Amplifon Americas full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There really aren’t any. They steal from the audiologists and sell the manufacturer’s outdated hearing aids at a discount. They also lie to their referral partners and expect the front line people to explain the lies!

Cons

Horrible management who never takes the time to know how everyone does their job. When you ask a question or provide honest feedback, you get “you’ll need I make it work”. I couldn’t wait to find my next job. Overtime is demanded.

Advice to Management

Everyone should be fired and start over again! Seriously, the offices are like a funeral parlor and no fun or rewarding experiences should be expected working there. Specifically, the HR team is the absolute WORST! They are just clueless that HR stands for Human RESOURCES and not human (are) replaceable.

Feb 5, 2018 – SVP Corporate Services

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I take your comments to heart and I will share your commentary with our leadership team, so we all have visibility of your review.

With... More

"Patient Care Advocate"

Former Employee - Patient Care Advocate in Plymouth, MN
    Former Employee - Patient Care Advocate in Plymouth, MN

I worked at Amplifon Americas full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible scheduling for call center between 7am & 7pm - will work around school/family schedule to best of ability. Metrics used as a skeleton guide rather than micromanagement. Work independently with the support of a team. Leadership are earnest, diligent, supportive.

Cons

Extremely inconvenient location. No transit access-not even suburban transit access. No transportation benefit. Currently struggling to maintain enough staff for coverage AND improvement. Although pay structure for call center will be improving in fairness so that the team has equal opportunity for commissions, etc, there's still some lack of a foundational investment in the call center employees and leadership.

Advice to Management

Gift card incentive bonuses are fun, but are ultimately a gimmick- sprinkles on the sundae. While leadership have been working to reevaluate their investment in the team & the structure of the team, etc, they should keep that up and consider that employees accepting a lower rate of pay are doing so at least in part out of financial insecurity, which means they are more likely to keep options open and seek alternative employment even if the job, team, company, etc. are better than most.

Nov 28, 2017 – Senior Vice Presdient Amplifon Hearing Health Care

Thank you for taking the time to leave such rich feedback. We are very proud of the work our Patient Care Advocates do and connecting with customers directly to help them on their hearing health... More

7. "Consumer affairs"

Former Employee - Consumer Affairs Coordinator in Plymouth, MN
    Former Employee - Consumer Affairs Coordinator in Plymouth, MN

I worked at Amplifon Americas full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people in this organization are top notch

Cons

Cannot think of any issues

Advice to Management

Continue to support employees

Nov 27, 2017 – SVP Corporate Services

Thank you so much for leaving a review- your comments about us being a top notch organization make me feel extremely proud. We really do strive to support employee through their journey with us and... More

8. "Good company"

I have been working at Amplifon Americas full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are super nice.
    There are many interesting activities in company.

Cons

Some employees are asked to work overtime

Sep 28, 2017

WELCOME, again, to the AMPLI-Fam and THANK YOU for sharing your initial views of AMPLIFON. Having been with AMPLIFON less than one year also, as your CEO, I could not agree with your views more... More

"An Inspiring Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MN

I have been working at Amplifon Americas full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working for Amplifon has been an absolute joyride since day one. I am honestly excited to come to work on Monday morning. I know that I am arriving to wonderful colleagues who deeply care about the overall company objective; bringing the gift of sound to both children and adults.

Prior to Amplifon, I had worked in many organizations (both big & small) and nothing compares on any level. With roughly 175 employees in our corporate office, you really feel a closeness among coworkers at all levels across the board. We are lucky to have such easy access to our leaders on the executive team. We have a legitimate open-door policy that allows us employees to speak freely and openly about suggestions/concerns within the company.

I appreciated the fact that my direct manager saw my potential prior to my first day in the office. I was told during my interview stage that I would likely be in my role for a total of one year, with a goal of transitioning me into a higher-level position after this time period. They kept their word! I moved into a position that is now helping me reach the goals that I desire and will only benefit my career in the long run. I also admire the candidness of our conversations regarding my future, whether it be with Amplifon or outside of the company.

This is just one example of Amplifon’s greatness. My personal journey is not the only one that began this way. Many employees start in entry level positions and branch out within the other business units in our corporate office. Last year, Amplifon even implemented an internal MENTOR program, encouraging employees who have been with the company a minimum 6 months to participate. This offered the opportunity to job shadow other positions within the company, work on leadership skills, or build a strong 1:1 relationship with a chosen mentor. They care about development and want to see each person succeed in his/her own way. My personal opportunities have been endless since my start date. I was encouraged to attend seminars, trainings, store visits, conventions, etc. to further educate myself on the industry.

Amplifon is a company that recognizes talent and hard-work. If you are someone who is willing to take the next step, loves sharing new ideas and can accept change (as we are rapidly growing), this is a great company to join. It is a very exciting time to be in the hearing health care field. We are growing. We are expanding our brand name and pushing ourselves as a team.

To put it simply; Great people, Great culture, Great overall feel. At Amplifon, I have a purpose.

Cons

Overall GREAT benefits package. Would like to see HSA added eventually.

Advice to Management

Continue to integrate organizational values on a daily basis. Continue to strive for the best candidates. Continue to push employees to think outside of the box, and stay open-minded to new ideas coming directly from employees.

Aug 22, 2017

WOW! THANK YOU so much for your 'inspiring' review. As CEO of AMPLIFON Americas, I will be honest, I reached out to our HR department upon reading your review, to ensure we did not post this... More

"Was sad to leave"

Former Employee - Credentialing & Billing Operations in Plymouth, MN
    Former Employee - Credentialing & Billing Operations in Plymouth, MN

I worked at Amplifon Americas full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I had been with Amplifon(AHHC branch) for a number of years and had the opportunity to move out of the call center into other departments (Credentialing & Billing), I was satisfied with the opportunities until *read cons*.

This is a great company with a great culture. I enjoyed working with my colleagues every day and even made some good friends. I had great managers who were throughly engaged. To this day I can say this is one of the best company I have worked for.

Cons

I had been with the company for several years and moved into three different departments and in the end I was still making less than $17 hourly (even with yearly reviews/ department move pay increase) however I thought I was making industry standards and didn't focus too much on the pay...that is until we had a new hire in the same role and I had found out the new hire was making $2 more than myself (of course pay is based on education/experience in the field however since I myself trained this person in and we got to talking - the new hire had less experience and same level of education). I felt underpaid and decided to look for a new job and as I interviewed with more companies (Fairview, North Memorial, etc) I found out that these companies were paying entry level much more than what I was making after 3 years (beginning wage $22 and up based on experience) doing exactly the same thing. I was sad to leave such a great company but ultimately the pay I was offered elsewhere was something I couldn't turn down and probably would've only made if I stayed another 10 years.

The only real con was the pay, and maybe less room for advancement. I couldn't see a bright future there for myself. Unless a manager/supervisor was to step down, the growing stopped. There can be no moving up to that next level if the next level is occupied or non existent.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and amazing culture. May be out of AMP USA's hands but the pay is not on par with industry standards.

Aug 11, 2017 – Director of Total Rewards and HR Systems

Thank you so much for leaving this feedback. We are glad you found opportunities for advancement at Amplifon. Our culture is one of the elements we are most proud of, so thank you for your... More