Amplify Credit Union Reviews in Austin, TX | Glassdoor

4.0
Amplify Credit Union President and CEO Paul Trylko
Paul Trylko
1 Rating

1. "Excellent company with room to grow and move up while making a difference in our members lives"

Current Employee - Account Management Professional in Austin, TX

I have been working at Amplify Credit Union full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very positive, very hands on, and always something to learn! They care about their workers and build personal connections with their employees.

Cons

The systems are typical credit union systems aka their ancient! The goals for some positions are a bit high, but still achievable.

Advice to Management

Continue to do great things and continue to inspire those around you. Thank you for being accessible and for caring so much about what you do! Overall great company

Amplify Credit Union Response

Mar 25, 2015 – Sr. HR Generalist

Thank you for your feedback - we certainly hope that you will continue to have a great working experience here. Please share your ideas and concerns with your management team. We can always use ... More

"Amplify is part of my family"

Current Employee - Payments and Operations Specialist in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Payments and Operations Specialist in Austin, TX

Pros

good benefits such as health insurance, personal time off, matching of 401 k contributions by 3%, management truly cares about their employees

Cons

the hours that I work are not desirable. Better training is needed when taking on new processes.

Advice to Management

I think that there needs to be careful considerations when making changes to processes within the credit union. Don't just look at the money a change in process may save the credit union, be sure the product you are switching to actually does what the representative says it will do.

"Constantly Changing Atmosphere Makes for Challenging, Yet Exciting Ride"

Current Employee - Account Management Professional in Austin, TX

Pros

Excellent products and services; People helping people mentality; Decent hourly wage; Relaxed atmosphere; Community driven

Cons

Discouraging incentive program; Constant change in policies, procedures, and staffing

Advice to Management

Continue on the path that you are currently on to harden the implemented changes and make them standard practice

"Exciting time to work for a credit union!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

Career developement - it is up to us as team members to communicate our career goals to management and actually do the work to get us where we want to be. Management is VERY supportive of professional development whether it be in banking or not.

Great Benefits - medical, dental, profit sharing, defined benefit plan, personal time off.....

With "Bank" being a bad word these days it is awesome to work for a credit union that exists solely to provide great service to it's membership (owners). Our success truly depends on the success of our members.

Cons

I think the salaries are a bit low and am somewhat annoyed with the answer "We are in line with industry standards". Isn't the point to be BETTER than industry standards?

This isn't really a downside but we are growing and it is hard to get to know all of the people in the organization. We are somewhat losing that family atmosphere across the organization.

Advice to Management

We are no longer a little credit in Austin Texas. It's time to start thinking like we are a large financial institution and implement products and services that will serve our members well long into the future.