KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Amplify Reviews

Updated Jun 11, 2021

Found 290 of over 340 reviews

4.4
Amplify Chief Executive Officer Larry Berger (no image)
Larry Berger
Pros
  • "Enthusiastic staff, constantly seeking feedback in order to improve, excellent work/life balance(in 36 reviews)

• "Lots of smart people who sincerely care about education(in 19 reviews)

• Cons
  • "and resources are squandered by and for upper management, with no regard for what is needed by support those in the field(in 15 reviews)

• "very poor vision from senior management, too much at once, horrible communication from upper management(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Amplify and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Great place to work!

Oct 30, 2020 - Account Executive in San Antonio, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Having been in this industry for over 25 years, this company is like a breath of fresh air. Great culture that makes your job engaging and fun by fostering a feeling of community where everyone is heard and appreciated. True commitment to education and the success of students learning.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say.

Communications Coordinator

Thanks for the wonderful review! We are thrilled to read that you have experienced a positive environment during your time at Amplify.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

Growing company, still innovative and hungry

May 5, 2021 - Marketing Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great products. Great work/life balance. I’ve grown a ton in my role. The company is doing fantastic and there’s a really respectful culture among staff.

Cons

Very corporatey attitude toward promotions. People seem to get promoted after a couple years if they’re at all good and it’s always one level up. Things are going well so every one’s staying and it’s led to some clutter at the top. Lots of directors and vps. I still think it’s a productive place to work but I could see us getting too too heavy

Communications Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. As an organization, we are working thoughtfully and intentionally to do what is best for our employees and company. We are thankful for your dedication to Amplify!

3. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Honesty is the best policy

Mar 1, 2021 - Professional Learning Specialist in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

The training and pay at Amplify is great!

Cons

When they hire you for a PLS the excitement and energy is high and you feel like you are a part of a strong, cohesive unit. That doesn't last long. First, they don't tell you it may only be 5 hours a week. If you get hired for one or more programs the training is inconsistent, often internalizing vast amounts of information in a short amount of time, and then dinging you if you are honest and say it's a little too fast-paced. You are better off keeping your mouth closed. Some PLS I know were thrown to the wolves and given no support. Others were ignored altogether after only 1 or 2 trainings. YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY EXPENDABLE! When they want to get rid of you they tell you some BS story of budget cuts, COVID changes, or other "restructuring" drama instead of professionally expressing the concerns so you actually have an oppty to change or at least improve for the next job. The lies and the insincerity is probably the most disappointing (upper mgmt) because everyone else was so amazing to work with.

Communications Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. We are committed to creating a comfortable, transparent, and collaborative environment for all of our employees, so we are disappointed to hear about your experience and will notify the appropriate teams.

4. 4.0

Good People, Interesting Work

Jun 11, 2021 - Freelance Content Writer in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

People are professional, friendly, and generally responsive. The company pays weekly.

Cons

They seem to want to keep work below 30 hours per week. I believe it's to prevent contract workers from qualifying for insurance.

5. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Think twice if you are at the beginning of your career...

Mar 24, 2021 - Software Engineer in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

- All the praise on work-life balance is true, the catch is your pay will be in the mid to low range of market rate, and you will be working with people who are ok with that. - Standard benefits, 50% match of 401k at the time I left - Generally easy-going people

Cons

- There's a boys club culture going on in the engineering dept, you are either a bro or you are not relevant. The company level DEI conversation doesn't even scratch the surface. - The engineering culture used to be amazing but had a huge decline since the 2015 layoff, by the time I left there's not much to remain: a lot of passionate engineers jumped ship (understandable) and those who stayed barely care - Little guidance and support for career growth, the people managers are not properly trained and evaluated. You are on your own.

Communications Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to write Amplify a review on Glassdoor. It is important to us to hear what we are doing well and how we could improve. We will share your feedback with the appropriate teams.

6. 5.0

Great place to work

Mar 29, 2021 - Senior Marketing Manager in Brooklyn, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

They really care about their employees at Amplify and the company's DEI initiatives have really stepped up over the last couple of years which is wonderful.

Cons

The HR team takes a long time to get back to emails and outreach. As an employee, it's disheartening for them to take so long to reply to simple emails and questions. You usually have to follow up several times to get a clear cut response. I'd really like for HR to step up in this area.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Important Work with Vision

Feb 24, 2021 - Partner Success in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amplify has a mission that is not about making money for investors, but rather to raise up teachers and students, and to provide the best products for today and the future. - Co-workers are all passionate about education. - Company is focussed on its mission. - Great Work-Life balance is achievable. - Dedicated to improvement in all areas and willing to pivot when needed. - Engages all employees in DEI goals, and provides opportunities to learn more

Cons

Needs more diversity at Executive Level Change happens slowly Too many layers of management

Communications Coordinator

Thank you for your review. While the global events of 2020 have brought some unforeseen challenges to Amplify, we’re very proud of the ways our teams worked together to respond.

8. 5.0

Engineer

Apr 21, 2021 - Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people. They really care about their staff and customers. If you want to work for a private company that is having real impact, you can't do better.

Cons

Lots of growth and lots to do!

1 person found this review helpful

Communications Coordinator

Thank you for your review and for your commitment to Amplify. We’re looking forward to lots of impactful work ahead!

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company, iffy compensations.

Apr 26, 2021 - Amplify Education Inc in Brooklyn, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great environment, positive environment, and there's so many benefits to working here.

Cons

They do not pay enough for the work they have you do. To be told that benefits are reasons for low pay while being told the other departments, that do not put in the same amount of work, do not have this issue is majorly disheartening. Other departments are good but mine has some issues to work through.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great place to work. Caring company, inspiring mission.

Feb 15, 2021 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amplify truly cares about education and the teachers and students they serve. The company culture is one of transparency and autonomy among teams and individuals. There is a real, sustained effort to improve culture and DEI. Managers care about career growth.

Cons

Some teams receive fewer resources. Silos are being broken down but some still remain.

1 person found this review helpful

Communications Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. We understand there have been many challenges and changes this year. As an organization, we are working thoughtfully and intentionally to do what is best for our employees and company. We are thankful for your dedication to Amplify!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 290 Reviews